Gorgeous George

Jonathon Isaac 2017-2018 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

RIP Issac's Rotoworld forum excessive hype machine after only two games.

Another one bites the dust in the long line of young players hyped ridiculously too much for weeks on this forum before they accomplish anything (their fault or not), only to be turned on rather quickly - Issac, Jarrett Allen, Frank Ntilikina, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Jordan Bell.

Up next - Milos and Torrey Craig

I think it's more of a case of shallow league people going after deeper league fliers and expecting immediate results.   People need to put the hype into context as far as the various sizes of leagues.  If for instance 10 teamers expected any of these guys to be instantly 10 team worthy then they are going to get the butt hype hurt every time.  All the guys you mentioned are for deeper leagues with exception of maybe Milos for 12 teamers.  

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

RIP Issac's Rotoworld forum excessive hype machine after only two games.

Another one bites the dust in the long line of young players hyped ridiculously too much for weeks on this forum before they accomplish anything (their fault or not), only to be turned on rather quickly - Issac, Jarrett Allen, Frank Ntilikina, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Jordan Bell.

Up next - Milos and Torrey Craig

I don't think there was massive hype in this thread. I tried to check the hype throughout and people responded with the stocks upside and low end everything else. He still represents that (stocks upside, low end everything else), but he needs to be healthy. 

Hype, excitement, etc. are all based on personal reaction. If you sort through the emotion to find context to base assumptions on then you can decide who to take a flyer on. I suggest watching games on league pass and avoid watching highlights. Also, not all leagues are created equal. Not all team builds are created equal. Not all settings (weekly, daily, bench size, IR) are equal. A team in first place can benefit from taking flyers and stashing the players you listed.

Last thing, that initial list is 80% rookies and 1 veteran who had an outlier FG%. The next two on your list are, you guessed it, ROOKIES! If you don't like volatility then don't pay attention to rookies. Rookies are the scratch off lottery tickets of fantasy. For every Donovan Mitchell that potentially win you a prize above break even there are 10 other ones that just take your money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

I don't think there was massive hype in this thread. I tried to check the hype throughout and people responded with the stocks upside and low end everything else. He still represents that (stocks upside, low end everything else), but he needs to be healthy. 

Hype, excitement, etc. are all based on personal reaction. If you sort through the emotion to find context to base assumptions on then you can decide who to take a flyer on. I suggest watching games on league pass and avoid watching highlights. Also, not all leagues are created equal. Not all team builds are created equal. Not all settings (weekly, daily, bench size, IR) are equal. A team in first place can benefit from taking flyers and stashing the players you listed.

Last thing, that initial list is 80% rookies and 1 veteran who had an outlier FG%. The next two on your list are, you guessed it, ROOKIES! If you don't like volatility then don't pay attention to rookies. Rookies are the scratch off lottery tickets of fantasy. For every Donovan Mitchell that potentially win you a prize above break even there are 10 other ones that just take your money. 

The Godfather Has Spoken :o

So before the question was "Can he play SF next to Gordon?"

With Vuc out for 6-8 weeks, I believe the new question is "Can he play C next to Gordon?", haha. (If Isaac himself can get back on the court first of course...)

Edited by UniCornucopia
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, UniCornucopia said:

With Vuc out for 6-8 weeks, I believe the new question is "Can he play C next to Gordon?", haha. (If Isaac himself can get back on the court first of course...)

how bad did he resprain it?

6 hours ago, beastmaster said:

must add.

You Think so? What about Bismack?

3 hours ago, Brandayz said:

You Think so? What about Bismack?

Yeah, i don't have a clear explanation about why though. Bismack should be cool but i am not a big fan.

17 hours ago, UniCornucopia said:

Agreed, he's 6'11" but 205 lbs as opposed to John Collins for example who is 225lbs. I think he may be able to play a few minutes against a smaller center but not against any bruisers

• Like 1

Welcome Bismack Biyombo, Vucevic, and past Jonathan Isaac owners :)  It's a shot in the dark, but I think Isaac benefits most from all the Magic injuries.

• Like 1

This might be interesting in a 16 teams but I would think that Speights gets back up centre mins with a sprinkle of Adrien Payne. I’m intreagued in Isaac tho 🤔

11 hours ago, UniCornucopia said:

Def did not expect Isaac to be back before AG & Fournier lol

He came back twice before them lol

• Haha 1

he aggravated the ankle again. probably because rotoworld tried to make him a 6'11 small forward when he was no KD. Josh Lloyd has been saying he's a PF/C, yet rotoworld keeps hyping him up when Ross came down, I was like wait he's not a SF right? Magic should just shut him down till Feb since he keeps aggravating his ankle.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Xmantt said:

he aggravated the ankle again. probably because rotoworld tried to make him a 6'11 small forward when he was no KD. Josh Lloyd has been saying he's a PF/C, yet rotoworld keeps hyping him up when Ross came down, I was like wait he's not a SF right? Magic should just shut him down till Feb since he keeps aggravating his ankle.

i don't get it. Rotoworld made him re-aggravate his ankle?? lol

But I do agree, they should shut him down for a little. Clearly his ankle has problems and isn't healing properly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Anyone know how this is going to play out long-term with Gordon? I'm sure the Magic are going to pay him soon, but in a few years, they're both gonna be needing serious minutes and I think they both play best at the 4. What will happen?

1 hour ago, RedRaider27 said:

Anyone know how this is going to play out long-term with Gordon? I'm sure the Magic are going to pay him soon, but in a few years, they're both gonna be needing serious minutes and I think they both play best at the 4. What will happen?

Just look up Orlando Magic's history with superstars - T-Mac, Shaq, Penny, Dwight... They will all leave Orlando

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

lol, true. I just was wondering how the situation will play out there. I see a conflict happening unless one is shipped out of town.

23 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

lol, true. I just was wondering how the situation will play out there. I see a conflict happening unless one is shipped out of town.

1 is going to get shipped or signed elsewhere. It won't be this year because both players haven't touched their ceiling. Vuc and Fournier are good players who are can get moved but neither Isaac nor Gordon can play a 5 this year to properly fill the 5 void Vuc leaves.