• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Tom Chambers

Donovan Mitchell 2017-18 Season Outlook

6 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

Evidence suggests the league is hyper aggressive because of you...not the other way around :D:D:D

True true :lol:

You guys have convinced me. I'm on board. Dropped Chandler Parsons.

Mitchell is the truth.

35 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

You guys have convinced me. I'm on board. Dropped Chandler Parsons.

Mitchell is the truth.

I just saw it...lol

Whoa he sure does pass the eye test. Gets to the rim at will at rim and a silky smooth stroke. 

Brace yourselves, Here come the psuedo-AC forum posts "hmmm I wonder If I should drop xxx for him"  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm a little skeptical of Mitchell this year, at least early in it.  He's a raw point guard and streaky shooter that will be facing inconsistent minutes.  The upside is obviously there and I completely understand taking a flier on him in deeper leagues, but that's about it.

When a body falls in Utah and he becomes more comfortable against NBA competition, not Alex Caruso, then the conversation will change.  My guess is he'll be on the majority of wires at that point.

• Like 1

The odds are that you're right.  

But on the other hand, a lot of people are considering dropping their last pick for him.  There's not a lot of downside to that, considering most of us are going to end up dropping our last pick, our second to last pick, our third to last pick, etc pretty quickly anyway.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2017 at 8:30 PM, Veezy said:

I'm a little skeptical of Mitchell this year, at least early in it.  He's a raw point guard and streaky shooter that will be facing inconsistent minutes.  The upside is obviously there and I completely understand taking a flier on him in deeper leagues, but that's about it.

When a body falls in Utah and he becomes more comfortable against NBA competition, not Alex Caruso, then the conversation will change.  My guess is he'll be on the majority of wires at that point.

Make no mistake the jazz drafted Spida Mitchell to play him or the fans will be pissed because they love him already. his competitiveness and confidence is really making him a fan fav here. his immediate impact in terms of fantasy looks like steals. he has freakish long arms and is quick and good at reacting to defenses.

praise from local paper

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2017/10/12/monson-lets-just-say-it-the-jazz-have-a-star-in-donovan-mitchell/

Some folks are sniffing around about it, sitting and waiting on it, poking and hinting at it, looking and hoping for it, so … why don’t we just come right out and say it?

The Jazz have themselves another star in the making.

They have a kid who has swooped into the front of the Wasatch at a time of doubt and need, after a painful period during which the place, just as it was feeling good about basketball again, had been deceived and, ultimately, deserted. And now, the young player with a distinctive name and a burgeoning game has arrived without yet completely arriving.

He’s here to do what he can to lift the Jazz back up, to erase the absence of You-Know-Who, to play defense first, and then utilize his accuracy and athleticism at the offensive end because he’s been blessed with the opportunity and ability to do exactly that.

He’s got the kind of attitude even Quin Snyder likes.

Yeah, Donovan Mitchell is going to be a star.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh said:

All aboard! 

"Yeah, Donovan Mitchell is going to be a star.

Don’t doubt it. Relish it. Embrace it.

The sooner everybody realizes it, and takes advantage of it, the quicker his ascent will be."

No easing into it in Utah. Couple of prese as on outings and he's the next superstar without a doubt...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

"Yeah, Donovan Mitchell is going to be a star.

Don’t doubt it. Relish it. Embrace it.

The sooner everybody realizes it, and takes advantage of it, the quicker his ascent will be."

No easing into it in Utah. Couple of prese as on outings and he's the next superstar without a doubt...

I used to live in SLC and of all the places I've lived they have the most irrational fans.  If you read a lot of fan blogs across the league, they are insane, perhaps even more insane than Lakers fans.  So agree with you there...the hype is crazy.  I think Mitchell will be good eventually but ofc to Jazz fans he's already superstar status.

What I like about Mitchell for fantasy this year is there was a good amount of buzz right after draft among writers I respect who were talking about how good he was and undervalued he was and that the Jazz got a steal. All the highlights now and in the Summer seem more indicative of teams not valuing him as high as he should have. Could be top 5 player out of the class in the end. 

There is so much opportunity now in Utah that if he's performing he could just steal the spotlight all together if his play is there. Could be some streakiness, but he could also have nights where he's phenomenal and wins games on his own. If that is the case, I think the Jazz will opt to develop him more than they expected to in year 1 by giving him more playing time. I think the Jazz would like to make the playoffs and certainly could, but Mitchell could just be too good to not play 28 min/game. 

Its a funny year for Utah where they could go in two different directions, either play their young guys or try to snag the 7th seed. 

Edited by worldclass
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I used to live in SLC and of all the places I've lived they have the most irrational fans.  If you read a lot of fan blogs across the league, they are insane, perhaps even more insane than Lakers fans.  So agree with you there...the hype is crazy.  I think Mitchell will be good eventually but ofc to Jazz fans he's already superstar status.

Who's crazy, your in the other thread hyping up Derrick Favors like some kind of offensive messiah who " destroyed the LAC with his 10-15 foot jumpers "

Favors scored 17 points off the bench in the series finale to help clinch the series and I said he helped win that series.  Don't know what's crazy about that. I also said he could average 16 ppg this season which he did in 2015-2016.  I don't know what's crazy about that either. 

Edited by StifleTower2

5 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Favors scored 17 points off the bench in the series finale to help clinch the series and I said he helped win that series.  Don't know what's crazy about that. I also said he could average 16 ppg this season which he did in 2015-2016.  I don't know what's crazy about that either. 

depends on if he used as backup C or not.

On 10/10/2017 at 10:57 PM, PuzzBeterson said:

Depends on the league and needs. If I need a G, I like DM, if I need stl and ast, DM. If I need a F, reb, fg%, pts, probably Kuz. In dynasty I prefer DM.

Is he elite with steals? I’m late to the Mitchell show, so I’m still familiarizing myself with him. But according to BBM, even at 25 mpg, they project him to produce 1.5 steals.

I can see him get that as a rookie, which is really good. Can also see him lead the league a few years from now.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, hoop said:

Is he elite with steals? I’m late to the Mitchell show, so I’m still familiarizing myself with him. But according to BBM, even at 25 mpg, they project him to produce 1.5 steals.

There were 18 players last year having >= 1.5 stls.  http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/steals/sort/avgSteals/year/2017/seasontype/2

So if he produces 1.5 stl, I'd be happy.

Edited by det_tigers

What are the chances ESPN update his position as PG/SG? He's bound to play a share of minutes at that position under Snyder's system.

• Like 1

I'm taking a wait and see approach here. I don't want to cut anyone valuable for him currently.. a lot of depth in that back-court even without Exum and on the wing as well.. he's a great talent so I'll be watching closely.

Waiting patiently for that PG eligibility. Gonna pick him up immediately when that happens.