• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Tom Chambers

Donovan Mitchell 2017-18 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, bhkim814 said:

Waiting patiently for that PG eligibility. Gonna pick him up immediately when that happens.

Have a feeling it’ll be too late. Like, before the end of game 1 late. 

27 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Have a feeling it’ll be too late. Like, before the end of game 1 late. 

Yeh..next target is Monk if he gets PG eligibility as well lol

13 minutes ago, Cbridge617 said:

How does this guy rank on your rookie rankings?

as high as top three-four only if yahoo and espn gives him the PG eligibility. 

simmons, Dsjr, lonzo, mitchell

• Thanks 1

I'm already banking on Justin Holiday, Jerian Grant, Lonzo, and Milo's, so a flier on another rookie is scary...but screw it, his preseason usage and per 36 numbers lead me to believe they have their Hayward replacement long term 

I'd probably hold Smart at this point.  Where do you see Mitchell in terms of minutes?  Can he get 25+?  Would you drop Barton for him?

1 hour ago, Bosaii said:

I'd probably hold Smart at this point.  Where do you see Mitchell in terms of minutes?  Can he get 25+?  Would you drop Barton for him?

I believe so. Snyder played him at the end of the last preseason game with the game on the line so that's a great sign. I think he's a great fit because he kind of fits what our identity wants to be the season, he's quick(snyder says he wants us to run more this year) and plays defense.

ESPN just updated his picture, maybe the PG eligibility will be next. Seriously though if he’s on your wire, scoop him. Breakout rookie candidate of the year imo, him & Teodosic. 

Edited by ShopHeirlooms

I wouldn't drop Barton for him until you hear concrete news on Barton's ankle. Rookies are far from a guarantee.. I would use a wait and see approach after the first 1-2-3 games to see what his role is. Snyder hasn't given any confirmation that he's going to play him in a significant role (I searched as much as I could to see if I could find Snyder's take). Mitchell has depth infront of him (Rubio, Hood, Neto - minor injury, Alec Burks, then on the wings you got Johnson / Sefolosha / Ingles). The thing is with their team that guys can play multiple positions, which means they can swing down to shooting guard (Ingles for example or Sefolosha or Johnson) in certain scenarios if they wanted to play them across SG / SF / PF in a small ball lineup. So we have no idea yet how the rotations will look and how many minutes he'll get on a night to night basis.

The promising thing for him is that Hood and Burks are both injury prone.. so he's a nice stash incase something happens there. That's the best reason I can find to pick him up right now until we see what type of MPG role he has.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

ESPN just updated his picture, maybe the PG eligibility will be next. Seriously though if he’s on your wire, scoop him. Breakout rookie candidate of the year imo, him & Teodosic. 

i think a bit too inconsistent of a shooter to be the breakout rookie candidate of the year. but he has great potential 

keeping him on the watch list in my 12 teamer, see how this thing shakes out, also only having T. Prince to drop makes the wait and see approach my only option hah

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

keeping him on the watch list in my 12 teamer, see how this thing shakes out, also only having T. Prince to drop makes the wait and see approach my only option hah

Ah, yeah, Prince is a high risk drop in this case. You might end up losing Mitchell to someone else though, but your circumstance is tough.

I've got a low end waiver placed on Donovan. The wire hasn't opened just yet, so I have that working in my favor as well as this being the beginning of the season, and my league mates don't have drops/or are seeing how their late picks pan out.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jaydimes18 said:

Would you drop Ingles for him?

yes, the exum news and hot takes giving mitchell backup PG and SG duties and thats assuming he doesnt get to start at Sg in the first place

dropped mirotic for him in a 12 teamer just now since i just dont wanna miss out, hopefully i dont miss out on mirotic! haha

42 minutes ago, jaydimes18 said:

A .C. 

44 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

yes, the exum news and hot takes giving mitchell backup PG and SG duties and thats assuming he doesnt get to start at Sg in the first place

dropped mirotic for him in a 12 teamer just now since i just dont wanna miss out, hopefully i dont miss out on mirotic! haha

Dude are you serious?

You could potentially REALLY regret that move.. I would call it extremely short-sighted no offense..

You haven't even let him play a few games and you already crowned him.. he still has a few barriers to overcome to prove that he's a capable producer at the NBA level.

I forget where I saw the stat overlay posted (it was somewhere on NBA tv at one point a few days ago) but it showed over the past decade just how bad rookies picked do compared to their ADP in fantasy... and it's atrocious. There have really been only a small small handful of guys to either out-do their pick range or play up to par (and they were generally #1 picks - LeBron, Rose, Towns, Durant at #2, etc.)... you guys are putting way too much stock into a pretty murky situation minutes wise.

So far most of the hype he has on twitter is solely coming from SLC resources in Utah.. they are over-hyping him like crazy for this upcoming season.

Love the talent, don't love the situation. 

The hype in this thread is getting a tad ridiculous if you ask me..

wait-and-see approach, wait a few games! 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 3

Just now, Lifschitz said:

Dude are you serious?

You could potentially REALLY regret that move.. I would call it extremely short-sighted no offense..

You haven't even let him play a few games and you already crowned him.. he still has a few barriers to overcome to prove that he's a capable producer at the NBA level.

Yea i mean since mirotic doesnt even play until Thursday the way waivers are set up i can put a claim on him and get him the day of his first game whilst getting mitchell in case he does something crazy, the ability to re claim him was a factor in dropping or else prob wouldnt have done it hah

fair assessment on hype however gotta be careful not to go overboard

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Dude are you serious?

I forget where I saw the stat overlay posted (it was somewhere on NBA tv at one point a few days ago) but it showed over the past decade just how bad rookies picked do compared to their ADP in fantasy... and it's atrocious. There have really been only a small small handful of guys to either out-do their pick range or play up to par (and they were generally #1 picks - LeBron, Rose, Towns, Durant at #2, etc.)... you guys are putting way too much stock into a pretty murky situation minutes wise.

So far most of the hype he has on twitter is solely coming from SLC resources in Utah.. they are over-hyping him like crazy for this upcoming season.

wait-and-see approach, wait a few games! 

He dropped Nikola Mirotic. The most inconsistent player in the league . Not really a cause for excitement lol. 

If he blows up tomorrow, he won't be around. Nice try though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

He dropped Nikola Mirotic. The most inconsistent player in the league . Not really a cause for excitement lol. 

If he blows up tomorrow, he won't be around. Nice try though. 

Mirotic has a guaranteed path to minutes, he bulked up - you could see it visibly in preseason, and put up really nice lines overall in 2 games and then they just didn't play him much the rest of the way. His situation begs to at least give him a chance to play first. Dropping players with good situations is about as dumb as it gets based on preseason when the season hasn't even started yet. I agree he's extremely inconsistent, but he also always had a lot of guys ahead of him on the depth chart, not this year. 

You can wait a game, it doesn't hurt. If someone scoops him, great, you'll find other waiver-wire guys. Mitchell has zero guarantees right now other than being a talented player. 

He can also blow up tomorrow and then suck the rest of the way.. it's meaningless. It's about averages, not one game samples. 

Imagine if you did this with say - Jamal Murray last year because he was a top 5 pick. Get my point now?

It's entirely plausible that Mirotic could average 12 - 14 ppg / 6 boards and around .8 .8 on steals blocks and 2 3's per game.. and it's also entirely plausible that Donovan Mitchell becomes a back-up SG / PG to the tune of 9-10 ppg with multiple playmakers and wing players ahead of him.. in fact BBM has him projected for 10 ppg on the season. So you go ahead and believe you have a star on your hands.. I will go ahead and be patient.

Edited by Lifschitz

1 hour ago, jaydimes18 said:

I'm not sure I would do that.  Ingles has a chance to put up some good numbers as well.  He's going to get a bunch of 3's with pretty strong steal numbers.  He should be pretty solid with boards and assists too.