Tom Chambers

Donovan Mitchell 2017-18 Season Outlook

7 hours ago, affliction said:

Even if the 76ers make the playoffs they are in the east. Mitchell is the ROY. I own him and Simmons I dont think its very close. I have Tatum over Simmons as well. Simmons gives empty stats

People going crazy. It's not even close? Empty stats? lool

The Sixers have a better record and won both games against Utah FYI

Where do you think this guy will be in next year's draft in 9-cat leagues? I'm guessing late second/early third round if he keeps it up like this. He's no.32 in the last two months, and no. 22 in the last month per BBM. Crazy. 

12 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Where do you think this guy will be in next year's draft in 9-cat leagues? I'm guessing late second/early third round if he keeps it up like this. He's no.32 in the last two months, and no. 22 in the last month per BBM. Crazy. 

Most likely early third unless he continues to develop and get even better after the all star break then he'll probably go second round. Hoping he drops a couple of rounds in my money redraft league. 

Around no.30 seems right, early 20s doesn't seem a reach though. If he keeps this up till the end we are talking about top40 this year and with expected improvement he can easily go top20-25 next year. Maybe higher, seriously nobody can tell with this guy, he is unreal.

Edited by RipCity0

2 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

Nah mate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, rush007 said:

2nd because he is a funplayer to own. Don*t think some owners draft more with brain as with heart.

Edited by FantasyEmpire

i know Donovan has already established himself as the primary scoring option and facilitator for this Jazz team, and he's putting up crazy crazy stats.. but i was wondering if you guys envision a possible uptick in his production around ASB? I mean, this guy he's been around for 2 months, which is scary. Is there any chance with might see a further improvement? Exciting times for DM owners for sure.

Edited by doomz

5 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

I will just say this, I think Embiid as important if not more for their good record (see the recent injuries and record). People are going to stop simmons like what rotoworld said:

he Nuggets allowed him to shoot the ball and NBA teams will probably allow that to continue. Before tonight, Simmons was only 5-of-15 on his wide-open shots from beyond 10 feet, so it's not even like Simmons is taking them either. Regardless, he's not going to light it up in scoring, but he'll be a force in the other non-scoring categories. Dec 31 - 12:15 AM

You can't stop Mitchell by just daring him to score. Point is, Mitchell more directly carries the team on his back with scoring. Simmons is gonna need help every night. I think the ROY is up for grabs depending on how the teams fare the rest of the season.

23 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I will just say this, I think Embiid as important if not more for their good record (see the recent injuries and record). People are going to stop simmons like what rotoworld said:

he Nuggets allowed him to shoot the ball and NBA teams will probably allow that to continue. Before tonight, Simmons was only 5-of-15 on his wide-open shots from beyond 10 feet, so it's not even like Simmons is taking them either. Regardless, he's not going to light it up in scoring, but he'll be a force in the other non-scoring categories. Dec 31 - 12:15 AM

You can't stop Mitchell by just daring him to score. Point is, Mitchell more directly carries the team on his back with scoring. Simmons is gonna need help every night. I think the ROY is up for grabs depending on how the teams fare the rest of the season.

I disagreed with the "it's not even close" and empty stats thing. I didn't say Simmons should be 100% ROY. It's an open race. Embiid is the best C in the league(ok together with Boogie) , of course he is more important for their record. 

Edited by RipCity0

Feels good to not even visit this thread anymore. You know you have a bonafide fantasy stud when these player threads become irrelevant for discussion on his outlook/credibility and only become bumped for appreciation or happiness.

I have him booked as a early 4th at this rate already in standard 9 cat redraft, that'll probably spike in the upcoming months based on how fast he's developed.... insane (depending on how competitive the league is, honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him be taken at RD3 even like others above have already discussed... its not even remotely crazy seeing the kind of numbers he's putting up this year)

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Tr3yball said:

Feels good to not even visit this thread anymore. You know you have a bonafide fantasy stud when these player threads become irrelevant for discussion on his outlook/credibility and only become bumped for appreciation or happiness.

I have him booked as a early 4th at this rate already in standard 9 cat redraft, that'll probably spike in the upcoming months based on how fast he's developed.... insane (depending on how competitive the league is, honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him be taken at RD3 even like others above have already discussed... its not even remotely crazy seeing the kind of numbers he's putting up this year)

I can see myself spending McCollum price for him, and at this moment I wouldn't trade Mitchell for McCollum

• Like 2

On 01/01/2018 at 8:50 PM, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

I can see myself spending McCollum price for him, and at this moment I wouldn't trade Mitchell for McCollum

Too late, man. It wouldn't be possible to trade for Mitchell with anyone outside top-30.

7 hours ago, rush007 said:

Too late, man. It wouldn't be possible to trade for Mitchell with anyone outside top-30.

we talking about next seasons draft and how I would gladly take Mitchell at McCollums price, I ain't saying I'm tryna trade McCollum for Mitchell right now.

1 minute ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

we talking about next seasons draft and how I would gladly take Mitchell at McCollums price, I ain't saying I'm tryna trade McCollum for Mitchell right now.

Oh, sorry. Yeah, it'd be a fair price, if he keeps it up like this (I'm sure he will).

On 1/1/2018 at 6:36 AM, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

He will be winning west rook of the Month for December, further solidifying his ROY campaign.

9b5.jpg

It's going to be Simmons in a landslide, don't waste another second thinking about this.

13 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

9b5.jpg

It's going to be Simmons in a landslide, don't waste another second thinking about this.

Landslide is a very strong word. NBA.com does the rookie ladder where their analysts rank the rookies and they had Mitchell # 1 as of Dec 21st (source below, watch first 2 videos). I'm not saying you're wrong I also think Simmons will win but it is neck and neck with Mitchell and will continue to be because Mitchell is a flat out better scorer. Honestly over the last month I'd take Mitchell.

Our politicians above must be laughing that the ROY leader can't make a shot outside of 5 feet from the basket. 

http://www.nba.com/video/2017/11/30/20171130-rookie-ladder-nba#/

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Oh look, you went and wasted a second. Simmons has better numbers and plays defense. It's not close. Just enjoy your waiver wire gem and leave it at that. 

33 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Oh look, you went and wasted a second. Simmons has better numbers and plays defense. It's not close. Just enjoy your waiver wire gem and leave it at that. 

I wasted a few more second just for you :) I'm checking the last 30 days because Mitchell wasn't really getting minutes near Simmons to start the year and the last month is a more accurate representation of who he is.

Last 30 days stats:

Mitchell: 21.6/3.3/3.8 1.9 steals .4 blocks 3.1 TO on 50% shooting 

Simmons: 14.7/7.4/8.1/ 1.5 steals .9 blocks 4.4 TO on 51% shooting

you're right though it's not even close a total landslide.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

I wasted a few more second just for you :) I'm checking the last 30 days because Mitchell wasn't really getting minutes near Simmons to start the year and the last month is a more accurate representation of who he is.

Last 30 days stats:

Even in the smaller sample size that's more convenient to your argument, Simmons has better popcorn stats. Mitchell is a minor liability on defense; Simmons is one of the best defenders in the league at his position. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

Last 30 days stats:

so because Mitchell was not getting minutes Simmons loses a month of stats? :lol:

Also saying Mitchell is not getting mins is not accurate as well, shouldn't be more than 5 games that his mins were low.

@miasma16 I don't think Mitchell is a defensive liability though, i think he is good there as well.

Edited by RipCity0

1 minute ago, RipCity0 said:

so because Mitchell was not getting minutes Simmons loses a month of stats? :lol:

Also saying Mitchell is not getting mins is not accurate as well, shouldn't be more than 5 games that his mins were low.

No the above shows the last 30 days of both players... No ones "loses" any stats. In the past 30 days (approximately 15 games) those are the stats and you can determine who's been better. Also it's not just the mins it's more that Mitchell had to prove himself to take a starting job where Simmons just had it (this doesn't negate simmons at all) but Mitchells first month just isn't reflective of who he is as a player. Now that he's locked in as the Jazz' best player and ball handler we have a better understanding of what he's able to do on a nightly basis. We're going to see much of the same moving forward with a drop in FG%.

10 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Stop embarrassing yourself.

lol I said I agreed it's Simmons in my first post but that it's not a landslide...chill out superstar

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Even in the smaller sample size that's more convenient to your argument, Simmons has better popcorn stats. Mitchell is a minor liability on defense; Simmons is one of the best defenders in the league at his position. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Simmons is a top 5 perimeter defender and Mitchell is top 20 based on the few advanced metrics Ive seen. 

But then again defensive metrics aren't that reliable unfortunately. Both of them pass the eye test though