Boomtime

Dion Lewis 2017 Season Outlook

Who is the one to start next week? Lewis or Burkhead? Last week Collins had a monster game even before the goal line. Lewis can do that,? 

25 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I do not understand why teams play musical chairs with the RB spot, leave Lewis in so he can get in a groove and keep the sticks moving. 

Not going to happen especially with a BB coached team,that said I think Dion sees the endzone in the Pitt game as it should be a back and forth scorefest and the Pats will be pulling out all the tricks to retain home field.BB knows the talent he has in Dion(that sideline catch last night was great) and this is just the kind of game to have him heavily involved.

Just now, nzoner said:

Not going to happen especially with a BB coached team,that said I think Dion sees the endzone in the Pitt game as it should be a back and forth scorefest and the Pats will be pulling out all the tricks to retain home field.BB knows the talent he has in Dion(that sideline catch last night was great) and this is just the kind of game to have him heavily involved.

I sure hope so! He looks great out there but it just pisses me off when the ball is placed at the 3 yard line and in trots Rex then White as well...WHY NOT DION!! 

I'm a little iffy with Lewis this week, simply because Stinkhead is the clear GL back now.

I do however think the return of Gronk will help Lewis.

In my .5 PPR, he's scored 17.5, 16.8, 11.8, 9.2, 9.2 in his last 5.

I'll take my chances on him. More consistent than other similar RB/FLEX options

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

In my .5 PPR, he's scored 17.5, 16.8, 11.8, 9.2, 9.2 in his last 5.

I'll take my chances on him. More consistent than other similar RB/FLEX options

I'm thinking the same. He's good for 10-14 points for sure. For some of us owners, that's good for a RB2/FLEX. I think he could have upwards of 110 all purpose yards and a good chance at a TD this week.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:16 AM, nzoner said:

I can tolerate Burkhead and Lewis rotating.  Thing is, the Pats got too cute.  Do you know who played the most downs last game?  James White.  This is the ultimate "all our guys can do it" attitude getting smacked in the face.  White simply isn't as good as the other two, and I'd be surprised if they make the same mistake again.

vs Miami snap count and %

White - 35 (57.4%)

Lewis - 18 (29.5%)

Burkhead - 17 (27.9%)

That is silly stupid.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sternes said:

I can tolerate Burkhead and Lewis rotating.  Thing is, the Pats got too cute.  Do you know who played the most downs last game?  James White.  This is the ultimate "all our guys can do it" attitude getting smacked in the face.  White simply isn't as good as the other two, and I'd be surprised if they make the same mistake again.

White - 35 (57.4%)

Lewis - 18 (29.5%)

Burkhead - 17 (27.9%)

That is silly stupid.

You know White probably should have been named SB MVP, right? And i concede Dion did not contribute because he was hurt.

Just now, Mikeyvegas said:

You know White probably should have been named SB MVP, right? And i concede Dion did not contribute because he was hurt.

What is your point?  Are you saying White should get more usage over Burkhead and Lewis?  I watched that game, I agree.  I also watched this game, and have no idea why he was getting that kind of usage. White also has a career long run of 16 yards.  He is a good pass catcher.  Him getting that high of reps over those two who can also catch smacks of poor game planning.  It was his highest usage since week 4.

Unless you are suggesting he should be the starter, what is the point of mentioning the SB game?    "Hey, Deion Branch was a SB MVP, I'd take him over Larry Fitzgerald any day!"

3 minutes ago, Sternes said:

What is your point?  Are you saying White should get more usage over Burkhead and Lewis?  I watched that game, I agree.  I also watched this game, and have no idea why he was getting that kind of usage. White also has a career long run of 16 yards.  He is a good pass catcher.  Him getting that high of reps over those two who can also catch smacks of poor game planning.  It was his highest usage since week 4.

Unless you are suggesting he should be the starter, what is the point of mentioning the SB game?    "Hey, Deion Branch was a SB MVP, I'd take him over Larry Fitzgerald any day!"

My point is BB doesnt give an eff about your fantasy team. He is winning football games. But I will be sure to let Bill know you disagree with te RB snap counts. I am sure he will it under advisement.

1 minute ago, Mikeyvegas said:

My point is BB doesnt give an eff about your fantasy team. He is winning football games. But I will be sure to let Bill know you disagree with te RB snap counts. I am sure he will it under advisement.

You are correct but White did not win him a game on Monday. 

• Like 3

Although White was in there, he wasn’t used enough to help win or lose the game. Brady kept wanting to take the ball downfield, which absolutely wasn’t working. Didn’t matter which rb was in there, Brady/OC play calling lost the game. 

2 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

Uh, okay, thanks tough guy. If that was your point, why did you bring up the Super Bowl?  I was clearly stating BB cares about fantasy team.  In fact, he texts me love notes at night saying he wished he could draft all those studs like I did this year.  Then we facetimed each other, both of us in our hoodies and slippers. He even told me Gronk wanted the week off to cruise Miami, and that is why he intentionally got suspended.

Again, there is no reason that White should have the combined snaps of Burkhead AND Lewis.   Lewis and Burkhead also have higher catch % than White, so again, it isn't as if they can't do that as well.  The usage was odd and stood out, and they lost.  It certainly a spot for criticism.

In ppr he’s holding his own. In standard he’s killing me. Or should I say Burkhead is killing me because he’s getting the goal line carries now

57 minutes ago, Sternes said:

White - 35 (57.4%)

Lewis - 18 (29.5%)

Burkhead - 17 (27.9%)

That is silly stupid.

White is the most accomplished pass catching back out of the three and likely has more passing plays designed with him on the field than the other two (he may also be the best pass protection back on the roster as well, something the Patriots struggled with as a team on Monday), couple that with New England trailing by multiple scores and there's your answer for White being on the field more... It should also be mentioned that White and Burkhead were actually on the field together more than once.

It seems the Patriots have shown that when things are going their way the duo of Lewis and Burkhead are the preferred option as they both allow the Patriots to mix a run/pass ratio into the offense however when things are going poorly White is going to be in a lot as he is purely a pass catcher. Nothing too surprising here, I wouldn't expect the Patriots to struggle like they did on Monday again in the regular season so this is likely a one week outlier for White's usage.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2017 at 6:44 AM, iretirefromfantasy said:

I do not understand why teams play musical chairs with the RB spot, leave Lewis in so he can get in a groove and keep the sticks moving. 

because it is the flavor of the week to do it.  all the coaches care about is moving the ball down the field,  so if they can do it with multiple guys i don't see why they would choose to not take advantage.  it should increase the odds of the guys staying fresh for the whole game which means more yards to be gained in the 4th quarter for the team.  it is an unfortunate turn for fantasy football but it really does help the teams

that being said Lewis is still getting more than enough work to start and in that offense always carries TD upside.

58 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Uh, okay, thanks tough guy. If that was your point, why did you bring up the Super Bowl?  I was clearly stating BB cares about fantasy team.  In fact, he texts me love notes at night saying he wished he could draft all those studs like I did this year.  Then we facetimed each other, both of us in our hoodies and slippers. He even told me Gronk wanted the week off to cruise Miami, and that is why he intentionally got suspended.

Again, there is no reason that White should have the combined snaps of Burkhead AND Lewis.   Lewis and Burkhead also have higher catch % than White, so again, it isn't as if they can't do that as well.  The usage was odd and stood out, and they lost.  It certainly a spot for criticism.

I watch the pats play every week. White plays in 2 back sets with rex, often on passing plays. Pats were in comeback mode. It was situational. 

Edited by Mikeyvegas
  • Like 2

Did you see what Alex Collins did to the Shazier-less Steelers D last week?  Arthur Moats is going to be lumbering around, trying to catch our little lightning bug Dion Lewis.  It is going to be downright comical.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Did you see what Alex Collins did to the Shazier-less Steelers D last week?  Arthur Moats is going to be lumbering around, trying to catch our little lightning bug Dion Lewis.  It is going to be downright comical.

Trust me that's lingering in my head...but Miami laid down a blueprint and showed Pit the Pats are mortals....punch them in mouth and they're dazed and confused. I'm betting Pit, at home, punches them in the mouth early and we see a game flow similar to the Miami game.

12 hours ago, BrokeLoser said:

Trust me that's lingering in my head...but Miami laid down a blueprint and showed Pit the Pats are mortals....punch them in mouth and they're dazed and confused. I'm betting Pit, at home, punches them in the mouth early and we see a game flow similar to the Miami game.

I will take that bet.

13 hours ago, BrokeLoser said:

Or they poked the bear.  

Belichick will try to establish the run, I think.  Yes, Brady can throw all over this defense.  But his own defense is the weakness right now and it might make the most sense to try and control time of possession, if they can.

And they should be able to.