jetfan1983

Kareem Hunt 2017 Outlook

Andy Reid has a habit of sticking to his initial game-plan before making adjustments at the half. He maps out his first 15+ plays and will go through them all unless something massively fails. My bugaboo with Reid was his clock management and poor 2nd half adjustments. But he appears to have turned a new leaf this season with Hunt, at least so far.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Andy Reid has a habit of sticking to his initial game-plan before making adjustments at the half. He maps out his first 15+ plays and will go through them all unless something massively fails. My bugaboo with Reid was his clock management and poor 2nd half adjustments. But he appears to have turned a new leaf this season with Hunt, at least so far.

Most teams have a set first 15 or so plays.

Last game was telling for Hunt’s outlook for the rest of the season. He played a pretty physical defense and still managed 100 yards and should have had a TD. I just don’t see many stinkers at all for him during the season.

38 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Most teams have a set first 15 or so plays.

Reid was notorious when he was with the Eagles of never making adjustments if those scripted 15+ plays weren't working. And poor 2nd half adjustments and clock management. He comes across like a different coach in KC. Maybe it was just stagnant being in Philly so long.

Kareem Hunt screams to be used like Marshall Faulk.  That G1 play where he came out of the backfield and ran a deep-in was straight out of the "Greatest Show on Turf".  I'm disappointed that we haven't seen more of that.

3 minutes ago, jspeed said:

Kareem Hunt screams to be used like Marshall Faulk.  That G1 play where he came out of the backfield and ran a deep-in was straight out of the "Greatest Show on Turf".  I'm disappointed that we haven't seen more of that.

im really shocked as well...he ran that route so crisp. Maybe reid is saving some of that stuff for bigger games

2 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

im really shocked as well...he ran that route so crisp. Maybe reid is saving some of that stuff for bigger games

Lol no he's not. It's the NFL not college football where you can use half of your game plan and win easily.

DEFINITION OF WORKHORSE RB

Snaps 66%  rush 21/101  rec  4/20

A TD would have been the icing for the game but kareem established himself as a workhorse rb with 25 touches.

I get the feeling that they are trying to keep him fresh and use him when his most effective in the 2nd half. His still a rookie learning. They know his special and they are trying to not overload him with work so early in the season. 

6 minutes ago, mhavens said:

Any concerns with the O-line now that they have a new center and right guard?

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9605/laurent-duvernay-tardif

I said from the beginning that the only thing more eye-popping than Kareem Hunt was the way the Chiefs O-Line was blocking for him.

PFF is pretty high on Duvernay-Tardif, so I imagine that without him and the others, Kareem Hunt becomes less magical and turns into a normal RB1.

6 hours ago, jspeed said:

I said from the beginning that the only thing more eye-popping than Kareem Hunt was the way the Chiefs O-Line was blocking for him.

PFF is pretty high on Duvernay-Tardif, so I imagine that without him and the others, Kareem Hunt becomes less magical and turns into a normal RB1.

I agree with this

19 hours ago, dashoe said:

DEFINITION OF WORKHORSE RB

Snaps 66%  rush 21/101  rec  4/20

A TD would have been the icing for the game but kareem established himself as a workhorse rb with 25 touches.

66% of snaps literally equates to 2 of 3 downs. I mean that’s a good fantasy line and he’s definitely the RB1. But it’s dumb to call it the definition of a workhorse, 3 down type back. 

2 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

66% of snaps literally equates to 2 of 3 downs. I mean that’s a good fantasy line and he’s definitely the RB1. But it’s dumb to call it the definition of a workhorse, 3 down type back. 

No what is DUMB is to define a statement as dumb when you select one component and completely miss the context.

Obviously with the various stats I presented I didnt define a workhorse rb solely by the snap % nor do i subscribe to your definition of it by your definition lesean and melvin wouldnt be workhorses either.

So if you actually did a little calculation with the numbers u would discover kareem had 25 touches(carries+catches). 25 touches is considered the workload of a workhorse rb in todays game and if you did a little math you would have discovered that Hunt's 25 touches = 37% share of the offense of carries + pass attempts or if i want to really shade it in my favor 43% of the offense carries+completed passes. I think that is a solid indicator of his workhorse role.

So clever of you to attempt to isolate a single component for your argument howver you didnt refute my complete position. 

I get it dude Kareem Hunt is nnot a workhorse rb by your narrow definition.  I will change my argument to please you.  

Kareem Hunt is not a workhorse rb he is the most efficient and productive rb versus all other starting rb's based on his low %  of snap counts.. .:P

I would love to see Hunt get more work as he is an exciting player and he's on my team but, I agree with @dashoe, he is incredibly efficient with his work.  Also, they don't seem to be overworking him so, this will help keep him fresh all season and hopefully keep him from getting injured.

The only thing to debate for Kareem Hunt owners is whether or not to handcuff him. Other than that, he's in your lineup every week and you just enjoy the ride.

9 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

handcuff strategy is completely overrated outside of a few top tier RBs

I have 5 of the top 15 fantasy rb's, If I handcuffed Hunt-gurley-hyde, I wouldn't have a bench.

Maybe West is a high value handcuff but most handcuffs are not that valuable given the teams they play on or skill sets they have. 

I don't see West being as productive on this offense. kareem has abilites that West can't replicate so Reid would have to create a completely different scheme of play  than what  has been done the last 4 games.

Edited by dashoe

Just now, dashoe said:

I have 5 of the top 15 fantasy rb's, If I handcuffed Hunt-gurley-hyde, I wouldn't have a bench.

Maybe West is a high value handcuff but most handcuffs are not that valuable given the teams they play on. 

I don't see West being as productive on this offense. kareem has abilites that West can't replicate so Reid would have to create a completely different scheme of play  than what  has been done the last 4 games.

#humblebrag

I didn't something incredibly stupid last night!!!! I'm browsing the waiver wire, picked someone up and dozed off, well when I woke up , somehow my fingers picked Hunt to drop for the players ???????????????? I'm beyond peeved and hope the guys in this league will let me have him back.

7 minutes ago, Nah85 said:

I didn't something incredibly stupid last night!!!! I'm browsing the waiver wire, picked someone up and dozed off, well when I woke up , somehow my fingers picked Hunt to drop for the players ???????????????? I'm beyond peeved and hope the guys in this league will let me have him back.

cool story 

Edited by JSA2422

12 minutes ago, Nah85 said:

Your league is about to explode - and not for the best.

In other news - Kareem Hunt goes for 18/120/1 4/35/1 against the Texans

Edited by Juke

12 minutes ago, Nah85 said:

I'm not sure what platform you are on but possibly next year you should move to one with an undroppable list...:(