jetfan1983

Kareem Hunt 2017 Outlook

Hunt is no longer 3rd down back on Chiefs, and no longer even as featured as he was earlier in the season, meaning when chiefs are behind he sits often even on 1/2 down.... Thats how its been past few weeks, and last week it was a disaster. Reid is overthinking crap again. If Reid dont let Hunt have at least 15 carries and catch some balls on 3rd downs vs the worst team in the league(giants) then I think its time for Reid to retire.

Edited by DJSatane

4 minutes ago, DJSatane said:

Hunt is no longer 3rd down back on Chiefs, and no longer even as featured as he was earlier in the season, meaning when chiefs are behind he sits often even on 1/2 down.... Thats how its been past few weeks, and last week it was a disaster. Reid is overthinking crap again. If Reid dont let Hunt have at least 15 carries and catch some balls on 3rd downs vs the worst team in the league(giants) then I think its time for Reid to retire.

Well - nice to know someone else has seen what I've seen.

5 hours ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Okay then lead off with that statement. Not that he’s in none of the third downs and no two minute drills. Simply not factual 

It wasn’t me who said that, lol...I said “yikes” to the weather forecast. His role leading up to the bye was questionable though from watching ....but that’s Reid making calls. Not Hunt. Hopefully all is better after the bye

Edited by jiamm14

He last scored 3 days after the beginning of fall (aka week 3). Winter begins in 4 weeks. Considering what he has shown this is inexcusable.

He has since settled into a role of running up the middle every time he gets the ball and then subbed out for Hill, West and whoever else once in 2-minute or GL.

Well, congrats to those of you who sold high.

As for the rest of us who held... ?

73 yards isn't bad. would have liked a TD. He's still getting a good workload, but the problem is he isn't getting those juicy catches because he's not the 3rd down back anymore.

9 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

73 yards isn't bad. would have liked a TD. He's still getting a good workload, but the problem is he isn't getting those juicy catches because he's not the 3rd down back anymore.

He had 4 carries for 20 yards in the first half.  Alex Smith wasn't exactly lighting it up, and Hunt didn't even get a chance to prove ineffective, yet they didn't run him again in the first half after the 13 minute mark of the 2nd quarter (ran him once more unofficially, called back on a hold).  The usage is maddening.  Regardless of whatever he ended up with, he is not being utilized properly, and it's not because the Chiefs are benefiting by using another primary offensive option.  Not being the 3rd down back is a problem, but so is the coach's unwillingness to utilize him effectively.  

Same pattern continues, late in game West was in on all passing downs and they were a bit behind, Hunt is good receiver and playmaker and yet they dont put him on 3rd down late in game or OT which really bounces him off from RB1 status.

Well is it a coincidence that in the same time KC went from best team in the AFC to losing to the Giants?

Don't worry though next game Kelce is gonna throw for 300 yds and 2 TD's

Andy Reid is just one of those coaches who doesnt understand in real time that his playcalling is not working because he is calling the wrong plays ; he probably wonders why the defense is not  reacting the way he draws it up.

Edited by dashoe

Congrats if you traded him a month ago. What’s he now? A matchup-dependent RB2?

1 hour ago, sott3 said:

Congrats if you traded him a month ago. What’s he now? A matchup-dependent RB2?

He’s at the point where I have to decide if I start him over Perine and Darkwa

I think Hunt can get it together if he has the opportunity. It was a little sad to see Charknado in there for the last drives, like a few people here suspected he would. Another area of concern is the rest of the division is not doing too good so KC has a 2+ game lead over the Raiders, Chargers, and Broncos so they will likely play this conservative style til the playoffs.

Edited by phatrat
CSB removed

Can't trade him now. Can't bench him. Just have to hope he has one or two of those blow-up games left in him at some point to either help you get into the playoffs or win a playoff game. The only bright side I can conjure from this is that he had about 30 yards rushing wiped out by penalties, which would have put him over 100. Remember those creative option plays, seam routes, etc. from Weeks 1-4. Haven't seen one of those since and no TDs since either.

Can’t even bench him, kind of a frustrating spot. Can’t start guys like Darkwa and Woodhead over him. Hunt will pop off one of these games, he has to...right?

38 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

Can’t even bench him, kind of a frustrating spot. Can’t start guys like Darkwa and Woodhead over him. Hunt will pop off one of these games, he has to...right?

As long as the opposing defense cooperates with Reids play calling :mellow:

So much for the brilliance of Andy Reid coming out of a bye week and dominating teams. How do you allow the Giants to beat you when they didnt dominate the game?