jetfan1983

Kareem Hunt 2017 Outlook

No, the defenses have figured out KCs rushing game.  Hunt is useless as are the Chiefs. They may not win a game from here on out. 

3 minutes ago, bjvance5 said:

it’s possible they are saving a lot of their early season success and play calling for the playoffs... that’s more important than Fantasy football.  I agree though that it is very frustrating to watch 

Well, they have to GET to the playoffs first.

...and they busted out a TE option 60-yd pass against the Giants. I guess here just using that because they're saving all their super secret off-tackle runs for the playoffs?

8 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

No, the defenses have figured out KCs rushing game.  Hunt is useless as are the Chiefs. They may not win a game from here on out. 

There is nothing to figure out, power run between the tackles. They telegraph it the minute the set the formation 

5 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

The only difference between Lewis and Hunt the last two games is Lewis has scored a TD and Hunt hasn't, thats its. Hunt would have been right there with him at 17 points last two games had he scored. Look at Lewis's points the 4 previous games he didn't score, its garbage. 7, 9, 11 and 8. 

I don't know what kind of league you play in but that's major.  TD's are MAJOR DUDE.

The difference between Reid and McDaniels is MAJOR. One is a complete a**hat that doesn't understand their personnel. 

I am too frustrated with the usage but let's be realistic here, Hunt still got 17 touches, right now which RB can you pick up that has more opportunity than him? Granted, he should have gotten more and for the life of me I can't figure out why they are so scared to let him play in a 2 minute drill or a passing play, West may be a better pass blocker but you can't even compare his playmaking ability to Hunt.

I am going down with the ship here, even if he puts up 7pts against Buffalo (I really hope he doesn't), there is simply noone else right now. Plus, if KC won't put it together they can find themselves in a big mess with San Diego and Oakland, so they kinda have to.

8 minutes ago, bennie905 said:

I am too frustrated with the usage but let's be realistic here, Hunt still got 17 touches, right now which RB can you pick up that has more opportunity than him? Granted, he should have gotten more and for the life of me I can't figure out why they are so scared to let him play in a 2 minute drill or a passing play, West may be a better pass blocker but you can't even compare his playmaking ability to Hunt.

I am going down with the ship here, even if he puts up 7pts against Buffalo (I really hope he doesn't), there is simply noone else right now. Plus, if KC won't put it together they can find themselves in a big mess with San Diego and Oakland, so they kinda have to.

You might be underestimating the importance of pass pro. I agree Hunt's way better than West, but in a 2 minute drill where every play is a pass, if Hunt whiffs on a block then it's a lost play altogether, and lost time on the clock. Coach is always going to put the more effective blocking back in the game in that situation; until Hunt shows the coaches he's just as viable there then he'll continue to come out for those series.

14 minutes ago, geosporin said:

You might be underestimating the importance of pass pro. I agree Hunt's way better than West, but in a 2 minute drill where every play is a pass, if Hunt whiffs on a block then it's a lost play altogether, and lost time on the clock. Coach is always going to put the more effective blocking back in the game in that situation; until Hunt shows the coaches he's just as viable there then he'll continue to come out for those series.

Well KC has Anthony Sherman an All Pro Fullback as well, who's a better blocker than West. I don't ever see him in passing plays.

I'm curious, if they had Ware would they still use West as the 3rd down back or would it be a full RBBC where Ware would split carries with Hunt and West always the 3rd down back.

Edited by bennie905

Well according to Brett Kollman, the Cowboys figured out KC's offense and thereby wrote the blueprint on how to defend against them. I'll admit that I don't understand football when you get down to the X's and O's, but this guy seems to know his stuff and his videos seem to be on point.

4 hours ago, bennie905 said:

Well KC has Anthony Sherman an All Pro Fullback as well, who's a better blocker than West. I don't ever see him in passing plays.

I'm curious, if they had Ware would they still use West as the 3rd down back or would it be a full RBBC where Ware would split carries with Hunt and West always the 3rd down back.

If they had Ware, my guess is Hunt never would have exploded the first 4 weeks of the season. And this thread would have 80 less pages. 

12 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

If they had Ware, my guess is Hunt never would have exploded the first 4 weeks of the season. And this thread would have 80 less pages. 

lol i totally forgot about Ware.

but then again, i highly doubt chiefs would start out on fire if Ware was the leadback.  Teams didnt have strategic plans in place for Hunt the first 4 weeks.

7 hours ago, throwinsamoan said:

I don't know what kind of league you play in but that's major.  TD's are MAJOR DUDE.

The difference between Reid and McDaniels is MAJOR. One is a complete a**hat that doesn't understand their personnel. 

Dude, its the Patriots. For all you know Burkhead will be the lead back this week and Lewis will get 5 touches. Not only that, Hunt has the more favorable renaming schedule. Do what you want though. 

Revis is probably toast, but if not, maybe he can help shore up the pass D and encourage Reid to ditch all the desperate, fancy play calling.  With help from Revis, maybe controlling TOP with Hunt could be feasible again.

On 11/21/2017 at 1:28 PM, oliminator123 said:

That's because ware was the starter

hard to put up the stats hunt did without the opportunity 

Edited by bhawks489

Hunt in my opinion is no longer a given. There should now be other equally or even more appealing options out there. Even Darkwa sounds better to me. 

1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

Hunt in my opinion is no longer a given. There should now be other equally or even more appealing options out there. Even Darkwa sounds better to me. 

I agree that he's not a given to put up big points but I don't think he's sitable, especially not for guys like darkwa, least not in my opinion. He's done enough to merit a weekly lock unless someone truly has a stacked rb roster, but i think it's one of those ships you have to roll with under most circumstances because if he does go off and is benched, that's gonna hurt really bad. 

5 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

One thing I have learned that is beneficial: Sharknado is not nearly as valuable as I thought he was. He was an easy drop considering he's in a timeshare with the "starter". If Hunt went down we'd just see more carries and throws from Kelce, Hill and the other Hunt while Sharknado would inherit Hunt's middling numbers.

Nice to have the roster spot back.

6 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

I agree that he's not a given to put up big points but I don't think he's sitable, especially not for guys like darkwa, least not in my opinion. He's done enough to merit a weekly lock unless someone truly has a stacked rb roster, but i think it's one of those ships you have to roll with under most circumstances because if he does go off and is benched, that's gonna hurt really bad. 

Last three weeks, Hunt, 7,6,6.

darkwa scored  higher. 

Eceryone seriously needs to erase the first four weeks and look at the last four instead, especially the last three. He is tending down. The Bills rushing defense is the worst, so he may not be bench able this week but watch closely. 

14 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Last three weeks, Hunt, 7,6,6.

darkwa scored  higher. 

Eceryone seriously needs to erase the first four weeks and look at the last four instead, especially the last three. He is tending down. The Bills rushing defense is the worst, so he may not be bench able this week but watch closely. 

It's not specifically a Hunt issue, the fact is the entire KC offense has been trending down the last 5 weeks. They are not not moving the chains and getting into the end zone and all of their skills players aside from Kelce  have decreased fantasy production.

For that reason i was trying to trade him before the trade deadline but was not getting anything close to fair value. 

Outlook poor, even though “experts” keep ranking him top 10. Brutal season after first couple of weeks.

3 minutes ago, mjb said:

Outlook poor, even though “experts” keep ranking him top 10. Brutal season after first couple of weeks.

Name 10 other rb's  that are getting 20 touches a game weekly. 

Edited by dashoe

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Name 10 other rb's  that are getting 20 touches a game weekly. 

Hunt hasn't last two weeks. Carries I mean.

10 RBs too onerous - tired.

Edited by SuperJoint

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

Hunt hasn't last two weeks.

10 RBs too onerous - tired.

Last 2 weeks

wk 11 - 22 touches vs  Giants

wk 10 Bye week

Last 2 games

22 touches vs Giants

14 vs Dallas

I'm here all week when u can name 10 other rbs who are topping him in touches.

I'm ok with being wrong about that. Either way he starts on my team