Rg81

Milos Teodosic 2017-2018 Season Outlook

36 minutes ago, rando said:

He is close to forcing his way into my starting lineup. Letting Teodosic breathe like a fine wine, finding his game, is a great example of patience as a virtue. I sure could use a potential top five APG player for the last half of the season!

All the quotes I read from people that have followed Teodosic throughout his career, saying we have yet to see his full capabilities have definitely kept me hopeful.

The Clippers broadcast also talked to Bogdan Bogdanovic, who said something along the lines of Milos scoring will be better as he continues to heal from injury.

So I'm not just expecting the ast, but something along the lines of 12-15 ppg.

Shooting 34% since he's been back, it should probably be closer to 40%.  We've likely yet to see the best of him, patience folks.

Looking real good out there once again. Last two games he just looks more way more comfortable out there. 8/3/3/1 with two triples at half and more importantly has played 17 min. Leads me to believe the minutes restriction has been and or his real close to being lifted.

Must start now with Rivers out? I saw a hand injury in the game but then he got a heel injury later according to roto.

Milos is trying to dictate the offense out there today and it was a semi competitive game b/c it was La vs La

im on board. i like what i’m seeing as he is progressively getting better each game and really going to be the facilitator on this team when geling with blake and dj

He kind of just sucks, pretty close to dropping. 

• Like 1

He simply can't shoot the ball.  Kills your FG% and doesn't really do anything besides assists and a couple treys.

He's a drop for me. 

9 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

He simply can't shoot the ball.  Kills your FG% and doesn't really do anything besides assists and a couple treys.

He's a drop for me. 

Seems a bit early assuming his foot is ok. He was gettjng a ton of open treys. 

Chose to keep the faith with him over guys like DSJ (dumb move in hindsight after today/yesterday), Ish, and Tyus (who knows), so gonna be patient.  Plus foul trouble apparently this game (per BBM boxscores)?

Would probably move on if I needed immediate production though or was playing H2H

It's definitely worth seeing how Blake's return impacts his numbers, playing with a scrub lineup of Austin Rivers, Wes Johnson, Jamal Wilson and DJ hasn't exactly made it easy for him to facilitate.

Will probably give him another 2 weeks or so.

I mentioned before but it take Euros time to adapt to the NBA 3 pt line. He will hit those 3's and the game will open up for him. He literally hasn't played much in the real NBA yet.

A similar situation is Bogbog who is faring better now. Milos will be good.

Maybe next season.  Right now though he is killing you in FG% and doesn't really get any steals.

He's shooting 3/8.8 FG on the season, not exactly killing anyone with that volume

• Like 1

Will wait a couple weeks. Hes getting a ton of open looks and still runs the pnr frequently. 

Definitely signs of improvement. Another 5-7 games I think is fair before making a drop/trade.

28 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Definitely signs of improvement. Another 5-7 games I think is fair before making a drop/trade.

Second that. 4 reasons you shouldn't drop him (yet)

1. Still playing through pain. Don't underestimate that.

2. Has only played 10 games so still will need time to adjust to NBA game.

3. A guy who passes like him feeds off chemistry with his teammates. Notice he was slowly improving assists numbers and turnovers and then all of a sudden Blake comes back and back to low numbers. Once he gets that chemistry look out. It is a reach of a comparison but even look at a vet like Rondo, it took him 10 games before he put up 10+ assists with some of the most efficient players to give to.

4. He is taking a lot of shots and has proven he can make the big shots at a good clip in his career. These %'s won't last forever, obviously somebody within the organisation trusts that he will start shooting lights out at some point.

• Like 1

Also add the clippers amazing playoff fixture. Probably worth riding it out regardless, unless youre absolutely desperate to win your week

On 12/31/2017 at 10:42 PM, skiteam14 said:

Would probably move on if I needed immediate production though 

This for me as well. Anyone who is in a public league or another league where you can wait for someone to go off and then add them, you can cut Teodosic and scoop him up again if he wakes up. In leagues where his dimes are going to be tough to get off the wire, and you have bench room, he deserves the longest leash you can afford. He's been parked on my bench almost all year, and I've never been too tempted to let him go. Too much potential assistance heheh.

3 hours ago, freddo said:

3. A guy who passes like him feeds off chemistry with his teammates. Notice he was slowly improving assists numbers and turnovers and then all of a sudden Blake comes back and back to low numbers. Once he gets that chemistry look out. It is a reach of a comparison but even look at a vet like Rondo, it took him 10 games before he put up 10+ assists with some of the most efficient players to give to.

4. He is taking a lot of shots and has proven he can make the big shots at a good clip in his career. These %'s won't last forever, obviously somebody within the organisation trusts that he will start shooting lights out at some point.

Yeah I watch the game he came back in. Some plays Blake was asking for the ball early (as the initiator in offense) cause he was trying to be aggressive. Milos kinda got confused and just gave him the ball... minimizing his role as a passer. They need more chemistry.

3 hours ago, freddo said:

You are way too rational and logical for these forums.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1