Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Darcmenace

2010 World Cup

Can not wait for this one. I really into futbol when the '06 Cup was on. Couldnt sleep most of those nights so I just watched the soccer games that were on, and they are freakin intense. Especially when the home team scores a goal. I think it was Germany who hosted in '06 and those stadium went nuts for every goal they got.

South Africa is the 2010 host which is where 4 of the teams reside. (Egypt, Morrocco, Libya/Tunisia, South Africa). Between June 11 and July 11. I can not freakin wait

Likewise... that'll be a good summer, get my Bachelors, World Cup, and plenty of other delights

McDonalds partnered with Yahoo to produce a pretty slick fantasy game for the '06 WC....it's similar to the game that we're doing in the Rotoworld Cup.

I'll be all over that again.... B)

anyone thinking of trying to go? know about tix?

anyone thinking of trying to go? know about tix?

How much I would love to visit South Africa or love to go to a World Cup game(s), no I will not be going. Hopefully some time in the future

my in laws are going and i was thinking of taking my stepson, but not sure how tough tix would be to get.

my in laws are going and i was thinking of taking my stepson, but not sure how tough tix would be to get.

Well its over 2 years away, so they shouldnt be that sold out, but if they are then ah...Holy hell

Does FIFA have like a ticket hotline or something

apparently they do have a webpage, but tix aren't for sale yet. i have to think about that airfare as well...

http://www.worldcuptickets.com/

Well its over 2 years away, so they shouldnt be that sold out, but if they are then ah...Holy hell

Does FIFA have like a ticket hotline or something

apparently they do have a webpage, but tix aren't for sale yet. i have to think about that airfare as well...

http://www.worldcuptickets.com/

So.....the South Africans get a million tickets, corporate sponsors get another million.....

That leaves 1 million tickets for fans from (at least) 63 other countries, or a little under 16,000 tickets per country.

If I were planning on going (and at this point, I'm not), I'd be hoping for a game, maybe two in Group play.

Good luck to those that are gonna try for them!

So.....the South Africans get a million tickets, corporate sponsors get another million.....

That leaves 1 million tickets for fans from (at least) 63 other countries, or a little under 16,000 tickets per country.

If I were planning on going (and at this point, I'm not), I'd be hoping for a game, maybe two in Group play.

Good luck to those that are gonna try for them!

Those 16,000 fans per country are going to be proud 16,000 fans to be there and be as loud as hell for the their homeland.

Would the Cup ever be held in the USA?

Those 16,000 fans per country are going to be proud 16,000 fans to be there and be as loud as hell for the their homeland.

Would the Cup ever be held in the USA?

It was just here in 1994.

It went over pretty well......the US scored a nice upset over the Colombians, although a defender who scored an own goal in the match was killed upon his return to his homeland.

The Irish even knocked out the Italians! B)

It was just here in 1994.

It went over pretty well......the US scored a nice upset over the Colombians, although a defender who scored an own goal in the match was killed upon his return to his homeland.

The Irish even knocked out the Italians! B)

In 1994 I went to Italy/Spain game at Foxboro Stadium. Italy won 2-1! Sat 5 rows up, at mid-field.

Ireland did not knock out Italy since Italy played Brazil in the finals. Remember? Roberto Baggio missed the penalty kick in OT that would have tied it? Brazil won it in '94, with Italy as the runners up. Ahh, what a team though. The Baggio brothers, Roberto and Dino, Jean-luca Pagliuca was the goaltender, and shat, I can't remember the guys name...he was hurt, and came back in the 2nd half...

If I remember correctly, Italy did lose a game to Ireland in '94, but it was not an elimination...

In 1994 I went to Italy/Spain game at Foxboro Stadium. Italy won 2-1! Sat 5 rows up, at mid-field.

Ireland did not knock out Italy since Italy played Brazil in the finals. Remember? Roberto Baggio missed the penalty kick in OT that would have tied it? Brazil won it in '94, with Italy as the runners up. Ahh, what a team though. The Baggio brothers, Roberto and Dino, Jean-luca Pagliuca was the goaltender, and shat, I can't remember the guys name...he was hurt, and came back in the 2nd half...

If I remember correctly, Italy did lose a game to Ireland in '94, but it was not an elimination...

You're right....it was a group play match. Steve Staunton (now the Irish National Manager) scored the game-winner, IIRC.

I remember it now....it was a sunny Saturday afternoon, and I got Puh-lastered!

The Irish got knocked out by the Dutch that year.

You're right....it was a group play match. Steve Staunton (now the Irish National Manager) scored the game-winner, IIRC.

I remember it now....it was a sunny Saturday afternoon, and I got Puh-lastered!

The Irish got knocked out by the Dutch that year.

Yeah, I remember I was 14 then, and I was hammered at the game(Italy/Spain-Quarter finals, I think), then the after party in the North End(Boston's Little Italy.) I was doing shots of Sambuca at "The European" with my uncle and all of his friends, and was wrecked. My whole body was painted, and we were driving around the North End in my uncle's friends SUV and me and a few of my friends were actually on the roof. My whole family went to NJ for the semi-finals(If I remember correctly it was in the meadowleands.) I was supposed to go, but my mother wouldn't let me miss school...friggin Mom...

The Americans are apparently going to make a bid to host the 2018 Cup, and are going to go up against Engalnd for the right to host the most popular sports tournament in the world (Yahoo)

The English have history and success on their side; the Americans have big stadiums, an existing attendance record, and mad cash.

Too bad both sides look mediocre right now.....

I love Soccer/Football more than baseball, and American Football (this one is very close).....because in my house i grew up watching/playing soccer all the time.......i loved Paris Saint Germain......and watched the world cup Mexico 1986 and that was the best one i remember.......especially with Maradona kicking a**......he had a future, too bad he does blow and befriends crazy people like fidel castro.......hmmmm i go off on random crap...sorry.

The football world cup is the best thing that has ever happened, and the fact that it occurs every 4 years makes it more special kinda like the olympics, but actually people watch and support their countries.

I can't wait for this one.......Let's hope South Africa get their St together in time.....i think they're still building extra stadiums and making everything look good.......it's a huge investement for every country that hosts......you get millions visiting and billions watching!!!! (I assume England will be doing some racial profiling for those damn hooligans.......lol B) .....they can cause a mess anywhere they go......last time in france 1998, they just kicked the crap outta the french it was hilarious).......seriously it was horrible.

Anyway i'm glad i found this forum man i've been here for a year and completely didn't see it!!!!

I love Soccer/Football more than baseball, and American Football (this one is very close).....because in my house i grew up watching/playing soccer all the time.......i loved Paris Saint Germain......and watched the world cup Mexico 1986 and that was the best one i remember.......especially with Maradona kicking a**......he had a future, too bad he does blow and befriends crazy people like fidel castro.......hmmmm i go off on random crap...sorry.

The football world cup is the best thing that has ever happened, and the fact that it occurs every 4 years makes it more special kinda like the olympics, but actually people watch and support their countries.

I can't wait for this one.......Let's hope South Africa get their St together in time.....i think they're still building extra stadiums and making everything look good.......it's a huge investement for every country that hosts......you get millions visiting and billions watching!!!! (I assume England will be doing some racial profiling for those damn hooligans.......lol B) .....they can cause a mess anywhere they go......last time in france 1998, they just kicked the crap outta the french it was hilarious).......seriously it was horrible.

Anyway i'm glad i found this forum man i've been here for a year and completely didn't see it!!!!

You weren't blind...it didn't exist until a few weeks ago. Glad to have you!

USA killed Barbados in qualifying!

I caught the 2nd half of that match.....Brian Ching never scored easier goals in his life.

Did Guzan even face a shot?

i love it (sarcasm alert) that Europe gets half the seats (16 out of 32 i think) in the worldcup....it's just insane, you look at africa and they get 5 seats..(and i remember when they only had 3)......really!!! i mean everyone wants the show and fifa wants to sell tickets and everyone loves the european clubs in the regular season

but look at the fact that most of the clubs in the bundsligua/Primera/lega A/Premiere league............have players from africa is a statement that africa needs more spots in the worldcup..............although the argument against them is that they have never won the worldcup......but still statistics and odds are against them.....europe wins almost everytime, unless brazil happens to kick a**.

I just have enjoyed morocco 1986/cameron 1990/senegal 2002/ and ghana 2006

But i have to say that some african teams are run by corrupt officials/politicians who want nothing more than to make money out of the worldcup and could care less about a team.....and that shows in how unprepared some look in the worldcup........

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

USA for AFRICA...... B)

In so far.....

Africa

Ghana

South Africa

Asia

Australia

Japan

South Korea

North Korea

Europe