Spyplane

Bogdan Bogdanovic 2017-2018 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

I'm grappling with Bogdan or Milos at the moment...

Take them both with your last 2 picks (if you get lucky)

Both worth fliers and if they fail you hit the wire

26 minutes ago, Pharaoh said:

Take them both with your last 2 picks (if you get lucky)

Both worth fliers and if they fail you hit the wire

Already drafted for this team and decided I didn't want Bazemore anymore. Only snapped him up because I was low on auction money and a few people had enough bank to bully me so I took Baze at $2. 

Anyways, went with Milos since the role looks more consistent and assists are so rare off the wire. Though, I'm sure I'll end up w Bogdan in one or two teams eventually. 

4 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

I'm grappling with Bogdan or Milos at the moment...

As I said already I don't expect for Bogdan more than 20 minutes, maybe only after ASB. Similarly are Teodosic minutes big question mark. He is only 4th at the Clippers guards rotation after Beverley, Rivers and Lou Williams. If they are going small, also three guards can play minutes together. If there are 110 minutes for four guards, I still can't see more than 20-22 for Teodosic. No way I will draft both, maybe one of them at last round.

11 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

None of what you said was helpful, apatas. 

Anyone's reasonable opinion/projection is helpful, I just think you did not agree with it.

43 minutes ago, jay14bay said:

Anyone's reasonable opinion/projection is helpful, I just think you did not agree with it.

I asked which of the two. He failed to give any insight as to how one could be better than the other and ignored any of their potential preferring to focus solely on drawbacks across the board when it's very clear I wanted to grab one of them. Nothing he said would help me with my decision. That's the issue. 

1 hour ago, HarmStrong said:

I asked which of the two. He failed to give any insight as to how one could be better than the other and ignored any of their potential preferring to focus solely on drawbacks across the board when it's very clear I wanted to grab one of them. Nothing he said would help me with my decision. That's the issue. 

To be fair it would be considered a question for the AC forum.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2017 at 3:27 PM, Jake the snake said:

Can we call him 2Bog or Bog^2 like Patrick Patterson? BogBog...love it!

I think I'm going to go with Double Bogey.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, Meadowlark said:

I think I'm going to go with Double Bogey.

Yep. That's the best one.

I bet some guys looking to target this guy would end up drafting bojan instead, even i still get confused with those 2.

Nonetheless, I think this guy is a great player. I have been watching this guy in FIBA competition for years, since the Suns drafted him. I am not sure if his lack of athleticism will affect his move to the NBA, but this guy is a player period. He has a sweet stroke, he can pass too. 

The only thing going against him is if SAC will not play him at SF, there is a log jam at guards. But imo, this guy is better than hield. ANd one thing you can't teach this guy is the Basketball IQ, he has a super high basketball IQ and always makes the right plays. I think this guy is better than Hield and will be a regular guy if not starter for the Kings eventually. very high on this guy

Edited by sya

24 minutes ago, sya said:

I bet some guys looking to target this guy would end up drafting bojan instead, even i still get confused with those 2.

Nonetheless, I think this guy is a great player. I have been watching this guy in FIBA competition for years, since the Suns drafted him. I am not sure if his lack of athleticism will affect his move to the NBA, but this guy is a player period. He has a sweet stroke, he can pass too. 

The only thing going against him is if SAC will not play him at SF, there is a log jam at guards. But imo, this guy is better than hield. ANd one thing you can't teach this guy is the Basketball IQ, he has a super high basketball IQ and always makes the right plays. I think this guy is better than Hield and will be a regular guy if not starter for the Kings eventually. very high on this guy

Sure, but does Vlade? 

:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, tongs said:

Sure, but does Vlade? 

:ph34r:

I think Vlade's comments + giving him an 8 digit contract before he even played an NBA game would indicate yes.

It's on Joerger IMO

19 minutes ago, ShaHerpes Lashiqua said:

won't they just ply him and Hield next to each other? they can't replace Hield so quickly after essentially trading cousins for him, right?

I'd be surprised if they didn't start games this way and stagger Hield and Bogdans mins.

Their other options at SF are old as dirt (but still useful) Vince Carter and Justin Jackson, but I think they will slide George Hill to the two spot and give plenty of mins to Fox as the year progresses. Hill is also very injury prone. It's certainly going to be an interesting rotation!

I'm mostly concerned with Vivek Ranadivé given how much influence he has on the team and seems to think Hield is the next Steph Curry (no joke).

even if Bogdan doesn't start from the get go, I am sure he will eventually get 30mpg or close to it with his showing on the court. 

There are players who just have it in them and know how to win, this guy is one of them. Looking at him and Hield, I actually don't know what Hield can do better than Bogdan, shooting? Well Hield shoots more is a volume shooter, but I think Bogdan is the better overall shooter. Bogdan is also better passer, and can even play PG if team requires him too. Also, Bogdan was on his way to great thing in Europe, I think kings must have at least promised him something or good minutes to convince him to come over already

1 hour ago, HarmStrong said:

I'm mostly concerned with Vivek Ranadivé given how much influence he has on the team and seems to think Hield is the next Steph Curry (no joke).

Divac is Serbian tho, like Bogdan (and unlike Bojan), so he surely has an idea of how good Bogdan is, and how much of a leader he is for the Serbian national team. Sure he appears to have a crush on Hield, but I don't think Bogdan's talents will be ignored

4 hours ago, battaginlemon said:

Divac is Serbian tho, like Bogdan (and unlike Bojan), so he surely has an idea of how good Bogdan is, and how much of a leader he is for the Serbian national team. Sure he appears to have a crush on Hield, but I don't think Bogdan's talents will be ignored

I'm thinking the crush is him trying to justify the Cousins trade. Hield is a pretty old rookie (23) so in a general sense his upside is less then some of the younger upstarts in the league (Turner, Booker, Towns...).

Bogdan is 2 years older but has done well playing against international teams & team USA. I think it won't be hard for his talent to overcome Hield or any other Kings player mid way through the year.

You guys are nuts if you don't think the Kings are all in with Hield. They gave up Cousins for him and the owner literally thinks he's the next Stephen Curry. Are they right? Absolutely not, but it would be unwise to convince yourself Bogdan is taking anything away from him for the entirety of the season. 

Bogdan will I'll have a roll, but not at the long term expense of Hield. The team is determined to develop Hield and they have every reason to tank this year seeing as they won't get their pick in 2019. So even if Bogdan outplays Hield it will only be used as a tool to motivate him. 

5 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

You guys are nuts if you don't think the Kings are all in with Hield. They gave up Cousins for him and the owner literally thinks he's the next Stephen Curry. Are they right? Absolutely not, but it would be unwise to convince yourself Bogdan is taking anything away from him for the entirety of the season. 

Do you remember when they thought similarly on Stauskas?  Then they traded him for a bag of chips.  One thing rannadive has proven is that he's not against making impulsive decisions.  Think of him as the one guy every salaried dynasty league has that one minute is embracing a youth movement and then immediately blows it up for proven vets only to trade them for picks and potential all during one season.  That's him.  I swear he consults with a magic 8 ball and his kid's peewee bball coach before making any decision. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

Damn, what ever did happen to that bag of chips?

One if the pick swaps became:

2157889318001_5550350255001_555033690000

• Like 1

On 2017-09-21 at 5:22 AM, sya said:

even if Bogdan doesn't start from the get go, I am sure he will eventually get 30mpg or close to it with his showing on the court. 

There are players who just have it in them and know how to win, this guy is one of them. Looking at him and Hield, I actually don't know what Hield can do better than Bogdan, shooting? Well Hield shoots more is a volume shooter, but I think Bogdan is the better overall shooter. Bogdan is also better passer, and can even play PG if team requires him too. Also, Bogdan was on his way to great thing in Europe, I think kings must have at least promised him something or good minutes to convince him to come over already

They did. They promised him a 4 yr deal worth close to 40 million lol

• Like 1

They need to start someone at sg and sf. Hield will take one spot. Who will take another?  Pick one: Carter, Temple, M. Richardson, J. Jackson or Bogdan? Even if Hill and Fox both start at pg/sg and Hield takes sf who will be first one of the bench? I like Bogdan's chances