NYR Fan 116894

Alvin Kamara 2017 Outlook

ATL's LBs have tons of talent but are young.  Usually play nickel as base, with Deion Jones and Devondre Campbell at LB.  There was some talk of using Campbell at DE in the offseason, but he's a good cover linebacker and has taken several TEs out of games.

They're both 2nd year players, and if they bring in a 3rd LB it's another guy, possibly rookie Duke Riley, who's young.  They are really fast but lose track of backs too often.  Keanu Neal (safety) is probably the guy that'll be tasked with tracking Kamara.  He's a great hitter and run stopper, but coverage skills need improvement.  I could also see them putting Poole, the nickel corner, on him.  That's probably what I'd do if I were DC.

I could see good arguments either for why it should be a big game and why it shouldn't be.  Obviously, any thoughts of sitting him are literally insane.

I've got a bye, so I'm hoping for just an ok game (and ATL win!) but more than anything that he doesn't get dinged.  Wouldn't mind Ingram aggravating the turf toe, but they're doing just fine as a tandem.

Deion Jones and Keanu Neal are studs, they have many other impressive defensive pieces... we saw what that meant for Carolina.. nothing 

lets pray AK41 takes us to the promised land... i would never dream of dropping this kid after even a few bad games, sht happens    

he is making peoples heads explode this year, lets hope that continues tonight 

I still can’t believe there was more hype with Mixon and Carson than our boy. I joined the train late (around week 2). Funny how the roto forum experts work. Kudos to anyone who was right.

Tonight: 13 carries, 97 yards, 1 TD, 7 rec, 86 yards, 1 TD.

5 minutes ago, hype said:

I still can’t believe there was more hype with Mixon and Carson than our boy. I joined the train late (around week 2). Funny how the roto forum experts work. Kudos to anyone who was right.

Yes please!!

Expect a big night, hes back home in the ATL. As a Saint, WHO DAT!

Edited by CABLE87

1 hour ago, hype said:

^ I like this guy. He needs to post more often.

New Orleans targets running backs on 35.1% of its targets, the highest ratio in the NFL.

this is why  ingram and kamara owners are doing well.

I tip my hat to you fellow AK41 owners. May be my best ever WW pickup ever (FA add week 2). 

BIG night for me in both my playoff quarterfinals. My AK vs their Ingram in both leagues.

LEGGO!

10 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Hmmm...

Something in my gut tells me this is the week that he let's everyone down. I am not playing him anywhere so I hope I'm wrong, but for some reason I feel a weird first round of playoffs bust...

tumblr_nqivct4h2g1ux6hsjo1_400.gif

OK, you were right. No need to come back in here. Let us be in pain in peace ?

2 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

tumblr_nqivct4h2g1ux6hsjo1_400.gif

OK, you were right. No need to come back in here. Let us be in pain in peace ?

Eh, he didn't bust..he got hurt..he was off to a great start before the injury.

As a Thomas owner it worked out cause kamara is so good in the passing game he downgraded Thomas to a wr2.... other than that. He will prob make it out of the protocol by Wednesday. Hate to say it but I could live without kamara for 2 more weeks

Just now, CPuente57 said:

Eh, he didn't bust..he got hurt..he was off to a great start before the injury.

Yea, I know. But hell of a gut feeling though lol 

Sorry to anyone who really needed these Kamara points. Just straight up bad luck there.  

Owners on a bye a probably breathing a huge sigh of relief overall. 10 days to recover. 

Other owners, like me. Are likely done. I think he could have had 25+ points again. Missed out on 25 points. 

His fantasy season will absolutely be remembered. But man, he had fantasy legend status just at his finger tips. 

5 straight games with 25+ points and he looked like he was well on his way to hitting it again. Had 5 points on the first drive before getting knocked out. Absolute awful timing hopefully the rest of my team shows up and Kamara is healthy for next week 

Kamara out = Thomas a wr 1..... kamara is just nasty. To be able to downgrade Thomas by playing and upgrade Ingram by playing is a huge compliment to him. Hope his health is ok but him out would help me as a Thomas owner

Edited by Zekepeak86

As someone playing against Kamara this week, Thank You Jesus.

Sorry y'all

3 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Kamara out = Thomas a wr 1..... kamara is just nasty. To be able to downgrade Thomas by playing and upgrade Ingram by playing is a huge compliment to him. Hope his health is ok but him out would help me as a Thomas owner

Thomas was a WR1 when Kamara was healthy. He just wasn't getting 14 targets like he did tonight.

9 hours ago, kdko said:

What is there to explain?  He's in jeopardy now because he's not going to be as fresh, yet he's getting more touches?  That whole thought process and rationale is retarded.  What do you look for in RB's?  Oh yeah, opportunity and touches.  Do you think people are driving the Derrick Henry thread up 100+ pages, only to be down on him because if Murray goes down he wont be as fresh when getting his touches.  Jesus christ.

I never said anything about his energy or being fresh, thats you putting words in my mouth. All I said is that I think he would be less valuable without ingram, and if you refer to my original post I explained why (essentially his value was so high that it would be very unlikely to perform even better than he had). Jesus christ reading is hard apparently. 

None of it matters though because Ingram played tonight and Kamara has until next sunday to get healthy (knock on wood)