NYR Fan 116894

Alvin Kamara 2017 Outlook

Any chance ...since the Saints are playing at home vs Petty and the Jets...that the saints might get a couple of pick sixs and then be up by 30 at half time and then just use their 3rd stringer in the 2nd half?

Im hoping so. Is he already cleared? I'll be facing him in 2/3 playoff leagues for the 2nd time in 3 weeks in BOTH leagues.

congrats to those who survived the Kamara concussion. My deficit was small enough where his injury gave me a big L.

Looking forward to Kamara for next year though.

Edited by Pooskay

6 hours ago, Woonga24 said:

Any chance ...since the Saints are playing at home vs Petty and the Jets...that the saints might get a couple of pick sixs and then be up by 30 at half time and then just use their 3rd stringer in the 2nd half?

Was going to post the exact same thing.  This looks like a game where Ingram gets a couple short tds, the defense scores once or twice, and, like you say, the starters barely play in the second half.  As someone who is starting both Kamara and Thomas, this is pretty much a guaranteed scenario.

9 minutes ago, nschmidt333 said:

I made it through thanks to a bye and am also worried about a blowout.

Murphy's Fantasy Football Law:  "Any game script that can go against me, will."

This is ride or die. 

All that matters is that he doesn't get a pitch count. 

Jets aren't ideal but it's on home turf and has anyone ever seen electric efficancy like this? 

He runs like a ghost, go Kamara go. 

100% he plays 

7 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

This is ride or die. 

All that matters is that he doesn't get a pitch count. 

Jets aren't ideal but it's on home turf and has anyone ever seen electric efficancy like this? 

He runs like a ghost, go Kamara go. 

100% he plays 

He shouldn’t be on a count from a concussion...I think he back at his normal reps if cleared.

Why would the Saints even activate Kamara this week?  They're 16 point favorites.  The Jets can't compete without McCown.  Why risk your franchise player?

15 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Why would the Saints even activate Kamara this week?  They're 16 point favorites.  The Jets can't compete without McCown.  Why risk your franchise player?

because he's either clear of concussion symptoms or he isn't. if he clears protocol he's 100%, it's not like they'd be playing him injured. if he's still having symptoms he won't be activated 

20 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

This is the NFL where any team can win.  They are all professional athletes.  Just look at the beat down a horrible Miami team put to NE last night.  You really think a team is gonna sit a player when playing for the division and playoff position???  He's playing if cleared

Edited by youngrice

25 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Cause they lost to ATL and home field matters in the Playoffs

Sadly, I don't own Kamara in any of the 3 leagues I play in, but he's such a wonderful player at the moment in an offense triggered by an absolute master (Brees).  Just pencil him in and savor the feeling folks.

Edited by Rolling Thunder

5 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Why would the Patriots need gronk against the dolphins they're like 11pt favorites! 

Anyone else read this trash? NYJ are 26th adjusted D against the pass to RB. 

Analysis: After suffering a concussion on the opening drive of Thursday's 20-17 loss to Atlanta, the rookie remains optimistic that a long week will allow him to avoid any further missed time. He still needs to make his way through the NFL's concussion protocol, and there may not be another update until Wednesday when the Saints release their first injury report of the week. Kamara will have a suboptimal matchup if he returns, facing a Jets defense that's been torched by wideouts and tight ends but has done a surprisingly nice job of containing running backs. While he's mostly benefited from favorable matchups during his incredible run of production, Kamara did parlay 14 touches into 126 yards and two touchdowns Week 13 against the Panthers.

8 hours ago, Nap Time said:

This is the NFL if you are healthy you play period, if you are not then it's next man up. The NFL plays 17 games  it's not the same player management and coddling you see  with  MLB  162 games and the NBA 82 games.

You have 11 players on the field that have to play in sync and the more your best players play together then more they are in sync so if you start sitting guys during practices and game days to 'protect' them then all you are essentially doing is hurting the team overall because the entire dynamic changes and is disrupted.

When Kamara went down the Saints were an entirely different offense on the field that hasnt played in sync together over the course of the season and it showed

Edited by dashoe

9 hours ago, youngrice said:

This is the NFL where any team can win.  They are all professional athletes.  Just look at the beat down a horrible Miami team put to NE last night.  You really think a team is gonna sit a player when playing for the division and playoff position???  He's playing if cleared

Cleveland Browns - "holy my beer"

22 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

No news is good news?

not necessarily, Schefty/Rap/etc usually trip over themselves to announce any nuggets, and teams are usually quite out front in proclaiming CLEARED FROM PROTOCOL

Just read he was present on the field during practice but his participation level is unknown until the injury report is released. Basically I've provided no new information here lol

Well this is good-ish news. Still not sure how much he was able to do, or if he is cleared, but things seem to be trending in the right direction. 

From Saints beat guy:

Joel A. EricksonVerified account @JoelAErickson 20m20 minutes ago

More

Alvin Kamara returns to practice, three Saints not spotted during open portion

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

Well this is good-ish news. Still not sure how much he was able to do, or if he is cleared, but things seem to be trending in the right direction. 

From Saints beat guy:

Joel A. EricksonVerified account @JoelAErickson 20m20 minutes ago

More

Alvin Kamara returns to practice, three Saints not spotted during open portion

feel like that's a good sign he's right back there... feel like guys with concussions who don't play always miss the first practice (Ertz last week, mixon,)

Have Kamara in 3 leagues. 2 of them I had Byes, while the other I won outright due to Bell/Williams and Big Ben.

If Kamara is okay to start, he's in on my line-ups, no question. He brought me to the play-offs, it's now time to finish the job.

Made it to my two week championship matchup with Kamara leaving early thanks to the Steelers ringing that Bell. Let's go Alvin! 

Nice to see he's practicing. All I need is the all clear :lol:

It's my first year of fantasy and I didn't realize how much of a stalker I would become on the social media for any news and tidbits on the guys in my lineup. Or just fantasy stuff in general like this forum.

This was supposed to be fun and stress free lmao