NYR Fan 116894

Alvin Kamara 2017 Season Outlook

Hmmm...

Something in my gut tells me this is the week that he let's everyone down. I am not playing him anywhere so I hope I'm wrong, but for some reason I feel a weird first round of playoffs bust...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Hmmm...

Something in my gut tells me this is the week that he let's everyone down. I am not playing him anywhere so I hope I'm wrong, but for some reason I feel a weird first round of playoffs bust...

Now, just bench the hottest player in FF, you are quite slow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Hmmm...

I hope you're right. I play against him this week and I have Ingram, so it's almost a double whammy for me considering Ingram is Questionable to play (and if he does, to even be productive). My hope is Ingram's "toe ailment" is merely a smoke screen, they put him out there and he trucks em for 100+ with a couple TDs, while Kamara is just a diversion for pass plays.

One can dream...

Edited by Gootz

8 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Hmmm...

I've felt this way pretty much every week but he's still gotten it done. It's hard to count on 20 points every week from any player. TD's are hard to count on, so that's kind of the deal here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Hmmm...

Huh?

• Confused 1

On 12/3/2017 at 10:12 PM, timexsocialclub said:

You're saying he wouldn't be a top 10 back if he didn't get hurt?

Not sure what the point is about MIN not losing? That they would be losing if he didn't get hurt?

Correct. Being a top 10 RB requires durability. Cook was an unnecessary luxury pick, which was a hot take over the summer but is now clearly obvious given their 8-0 record without him. 

There is always a game in the fantasy playoffs that defies all the odds. But Kamara's floor is so high...I was so wrong about him this season. 

30 minutes ago, Gootz said:

I hope you're right. I play against him this week and I have Ingram, so it's almost a double whammy for me considering Ingram is Questionable to play (and if he does, to even be productive). My hope is Ingram's "toe ailment" is merely a smoke screen, they put him out there and he trucks em for 100+ with a couple TDs, while Kamara is just a diversion for pass plays.

One can dream...

AB had a 'toe injury' and it didnt slow him down one bit against teh Bengals

35 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Now, just bench the hottest player in FF, you are quite slow.

Not advising anyone to bench anyone. I don't even own him anywhere. Just saying, for whatever reason, I just have a gut feeling. 

41 minutes ago, slothfantasy said:

care to explain? 

What is there to explain?  He's in jeopardy now because he's not going to be as fresh, yet he's getting more touches?  That whole thought process and rationale is retarded.  What do you look for in RB's?  Oh yeah, opportunity and touches.  Do you think people are driving the Derrick Henry thread up 100+ pages, only to be down on him because if Murray goes down he wont be as fresh when getting his touches.  Jesus christ.

• Like 1

I feel like this guy can at least get you 80 all purpose yards and a TD. Don't really see Atlanta slowing him down. Probably 120 and 1 or 2 TDs. Maybe he even breaks a record tonight and goes for 300 yards lol. This guy looks that good when he gets the ball.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Hmmm...

Something in my gut tells me this is the week that he let's everyone down. I am not playing him anywhere so I hope I'm wrong, but for some reason I feel a weird first round of playoffs bust..

Edited by spivey17323
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

The only thing that could stop Kamara are good LBs. How are Atlanta's LB corp?

The Panthers have Luke Keuchly and Thomas Davis and many think they are part of the best LBer core in the NFL. 

Kamara played them last week:

DiligentSmugBilby-max-1mb.gif

InsignificantFatalBetafish-size_restrict

kam.0.gif

• Like 3

So excited for tonight! Got this stud and Thomas, hopefully set the tone for round 1! 

Don’t let us down Alvin! Should be fun if anything!

1 hour ago, griffin727 said:

I've felt this way pretty much every week but he's still gotten it done. It's hard to count on 20 points every week from any player. TD's are hard to count on, so that's kind of the deal here.

Agreed. I had high expectations for Kamara this season, but he has blown me away. Every week I think that is the last week, only to be surprised and positively rewarded with his production. He looks great. He is playing on a great offense. Has a great QB. Has a great head coach (in terms of offensive schemes). Has a great o-line. It isn't like he is pulling an Antone Smith here. This kid is legit good + has the opportunity + has the situation. The trifecta of fantasy football.

7 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

The only thing that could stop Kamara are good LBs. How are Atlanta's LB corp?

I have seen him make a bunch of LBs look silly. I'd say the Falcons LB corp is mid-tier imo.

Even if Kamara didn't ball out tonight, I still wouldn't drop him. Elite talents have bad games in their careers all the time. I don't think he's exempt from one; no matter how talented he is. 

I hate Thursday night games, but I wouldn't sit him for sure. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

Even if Kamara didn't ball out tonight, I still wouldn't drop him.

Very brave of you.  Who said anything about dropping him? Lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kdko said:

I don't understand these people worrying about kamara based on "bad feelings." Who cares about your feelings, he is a stud. Antonio Brown could go for 5-65 and cost people playoff wins. It's football. Players have off nights. Kamara is healthy and playing in a game with an over/under of 51.5. Just sit back and enjoy. 

• Like 3

I have a bad feeling that my opponent in the playoffs will never talk to me again after what Kamara and Gordon do to him this weekend.

I have no facts to back this up, just a hunch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kdko said:

I'm more talking about those I've seen saying there is no way he can keep up such performances. One bad game and suddenly he's in Kareem Hunt territory and "it was never going to last". I've seen people rage drop players in my league because of a bad game lol 

39 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Agreed. I had high expectations for Kamara this season, but he has blown me away. Every week I think that is the last week, only to be surprised and positively rewarded with his production. He looks great. He is playing on a great offense. Has a great QB. Has a great head coach (in terms of offensive schemes). Has a great o-line. It isn't like he is pulling an Antone Smith here. This kid is legit good + has the opportunity + has the situation. The trifecta of fantasy football.

I have seen him make a bunch of LBs look silly. I'd say the Falcons LB corp is mid-tier imo.

Atlantas has big pass rushing linebackers, i cant think of 1 good run stuffing LBer on their team.

Keanu Neal is their best run stopper.

Anybody remember what pass catching back James White did against basically this same ATL defense last year in the super bowl?

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats