lipitorkid

Keston Hiura 2B MIL

If he continues to rake at AA think there’s any chance he gets called up this year?  The brewers are a mess at 2B with Villar being the best option who Hiura might actually be an improvement over defensively even with his hurt arm.

I think if he continues to rake, he'll be an important part in a Brewers playoff run.  I like his hitting floor better than Bichette's.

batting 380 in AA Biloxi and stole 2 bases yesterday. I would think another promotion should be coming soon. I assess his chances at reaching the majors this year at better than 50/50

Brewers could use a middle infielder and this guy has hit everything so far.  I hope he gets the call and can impact their playoff run

• Like 1

I've said it since I watched him in ST, he will be an important part of the big league line-up this year. Now, I was expecting him to begin in AA, but I do not think he really would need to even play at AAA. It's an impact hit tool and the power will be useful imo as well.

• Like 2

Another couple hits last night.  Such a consistent hitter.   Maybe a Daniel Murphy comp here... 

Predictions on a possible call up this year? If no call up this season does he have a good shot at opening day next season?

The Brewers never promote a hitter from AA to the majors. Until Hiura gets to AAA his timetable is up in the air. still I do like him to be up in August so if he catches fire in the majors he will be eligible for the postseason. He is batting 380 in AA so catching fire is pretty possible.

What Stearns (in his relatively short tenure) has done in the past has little to no bearing on the case of Hiura.

1) they have a clear need at 2nd and he's finally playing there every day

2) plenty of advanced college bats move through systems in just over a year from draft (Beni and Breg being off the top of my head) and he's clearly in their class.

3) there is far less of a point in him seeing AAA because it's a hitters paradise, it simply won't serve much of a point for him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

What Stearns (in his relatively short tenure) has done in the past has little to no bearing on the case of Hiura.

1) they have a clear need at 2nd and he's finally playing there every day

2) plenty of advanced college bats move through systems in just over a year from draft (Beni and Breg being off the top of my head) and he's clearly in their class.

3) there is far less of a point in him seeing AAA because it's a hitters paradise, it simply won't serve much of a point for him.

moreover, he is ready. the dude is so darn polished. I love watching him hit. He is like a dreamier version of Luis Urias. 

1 hour ago, RotoBird said:

moreover, he is ready. the dude is so darn polished. I love watching him hit. He is like a dreamier version of Luis Urias. 

can I ask why he's dreamier than Urias?

6 hours ago, davidgoretiz said:

can I ask why he's dreamier than Urias?

Better team/lineup, better home ballpark, better power potential, better OPS returns at the lower levels so far.

Urias is a great prospect, I just see better overall fantasy potential in Hiura.

• Like 1

Bo Bichette or Hiura in a 10 team Roto keeper league? SB only worth 1/2 points versus AVG/RBI/TB/RP all worth double SB points.....

Wrong forum. Make 10 posts contributing to the community first and then you can post this question in the bench coach forum.

Edited by Dark One
  • Like 2

Hiura last played June 29. I really hope whatever has kept him benched this week isn't serious.

24 minutes ago, hailfire4 said:

Hiura last played June 29. I really hope whatever has kept him benched this week isn't serious.

This was yesterday. 

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, osb_tensor said:

This was yesterday. 

he's playing in the futures game, nothing to worry about

• Thanks 2

Keston is back playing the field tonite. plus with the futures game news all is looking up.

Am I wrong in thinking he’d be a better option than hoping Brad Miller can be the solution in their middle infield? His profile seems to be one that would have a good chance at success in a call up, and they could use the production. Miller has been good, but history shows it’s going to come to an end very quickly. 

5 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

Am I wrong in thinking he’d be a better option than hoping Brad Miller can be the solution in their middle infield? His profile seems to be one that would have a good chance at success in a call up, and they could use the production. Miller has been good, but history shows it’s going to come to an end very quickly. 

Miller hit 30 homers only a few years ago and is now in a home park that may be as friendly to him as it has been to fellow lefty Shaw.  I think he has a good chance of being a very valuable player for the Brewers' this year.  I've been waiting on Hiura as well but am not sure he's going to be fantasy relevant unless they go with Hiura/Miller MI combo...