lipitorkid

Keston Hiura 2B MIL

Moustakas going to the Brewers was awful short term for Keston. It pushed Travis Shaw to 2B at least for the remainder of this year.  Now it will take an injury or 2 for Hiura to be called up.

1 hour ago, hailfire4 said:

Moustakas going to the Brewers was awful short term for Keston. It pushed Travis Shaw to 2B at least for the remainder of this year.  Now it will take an injury or 2 for Hiura to be called up.

it remains to be seen if shaw can handle 2b. admittedly i don't know much about shaw's defensive prowess, so maybe it's no big deal, but if he's a butcher.. it could get interesting.

The addition of Schoop following the addition of Moose means any chance of seeing Hiura this year is pretty much dead and buried. The one bright side is that Villar is gone now so that should mean that when Schoop is shifted to 3B and Moose hits FA, 2B is entirely Hiura's next year.

2 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

The addition of Schoop following the addition of Moose means any chance of seeing Hiura this year is pretty much dead and buried. The one bright side is that Villar is gone now so that should mean that when Schoop is shifted to 3B and Moose hits FA, 2B is entirely Hiura's next year.

Shaw will still be there next year too, Schoop will start the year at 2nd I would guess.  Hiura should be up midseason but where would be able to get some PT? Move Schoop to SS like they will have to do the remainder of this season?

On 7/30/2018 at 12:25 PM, hailfire4 said:

Actually I hope he doesn't get called up this season.  i hate September call-ups.  There goes their NA status and I'm usually not in the mood t make a vet drop in the middle of my own fantasy pennant chase.

• Like 1

We thinking he's up a few weeks into April next season?

I would think so but it depends how many of these mediocre players they stockpiled this year they keep. There is a chance they call him up Aug 31 so he would be playoff eligible this year.

Brewers no. 1 prospect Keston Hiura named Arizona Fall League MVP

How good can he be? Who would you compare him to, present or past ?

17 hours ago, Topgun said:

Brewers no. 1 prospect Keston Hiura named Arizona Fall League MVP

How good can he be? Who would you compare him to, present or past ?

He's got a short quick powerful stroke that kind of looks like Trouts.  I think he's got a Michael Young type profile.  

Just easy raw power and plus hit tool. I love this kind of profile so much.

Looks like Crew are leaning towards non-tendering Schoop...

Hiura is ready

I'm not totally sold on the power but I think he can reach around .320-22-85      .375/.520         

super safe and polished, he'd be more than competent in the bigs tomorrow. ballpark is excellent for him. those numbers above might be conservative too. this guy can really really rake. and the big league balls are flying. hard buy in dynasty, but good luck. 

With Moose back in Milwaukee I'm assuming Shaw is back at second this season.  A midseason call up now seems less likely given he won't have an everyday spot to fill.  My guess would be a September call up this year then ideally the second base job is his spring 2020

3 hours ago, footy1 said:

With Moose back in Milwaukee I'm assuming Shaw is back at second this season.  A midseason call up now seems less likely given he won't have an everyday spot to fill.  My guess would be a September call up this year then ideally the second base job is his spring 2020

Lot can happen over the course of the season. MIL is trying to win now, so they won't hesitate to bench someone or play Hiura in the OF if they think it can help them come July.

Road seemed paved pretty clear with Spagenberg at 2b.  Now's it's going to take an injury or two.  Hernan Perez had offseason surgery and Braun isn't getting any younger.  I mean, the signing can't help him, but can't completely rule out a midseason call up. 

Moustakas signing hurt hiura call up chances at least in the short term again. Moustakas at third Shaw at 2B and Braun or Aguilar at 1B the other in the OF somewhere. At least Schoop is gone so any injury or slow month from any of these guys will prolly get Hiura in the majors after mid April anyway. After the June Super 2 cutoff I do think Hiura is up no matter what. Just too much age and volatility at any of those 4 spots for them to last 3 months. Hernan and Spangenburg are just backups and would own any job that becomes open for a week at most. Hopefully the NL Central is close this year forcing teams to win as many games as possible and not just cruise to the playoffs with a 10 game lead.

On 2/17/2019 at 4:50 PM, footy1 said:

The Brewers look poised to compete for a playoff spot again. If Hiura improves the lineup, he'll be up. It might take an injury to one of the starters but I don't see the Brewers keeping Hiura down and rolling with Hernan Perez as their full time starter if someone is hurt.

How's his fielding? He's been charged with 4 errors in spring. Could be an excuse to keep him down longer, if he's not viewed as a defensive upgrade.

14 hours ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

How's his fielding? He's been charged with 4 errors in spring. Could be an excuse to keep him down longer, if he's not viewed as a defensive upgrade.

I haven't dug into it myself, but have read quite a few positive reports saying he should be just fine at 2nd in the long term.  I definitely think some defensive gains will go pretty far to getting him called up sooner too, especially cause I don't think Moustakas is proving he can really handle 2nd.

he pinch hit a HR today maybe it will start something. 

14 minutes ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

22 AB

13 K

0 BB

Yikes

Wow. These are crazy numbers, but there’s certain guys this wouldn’t make you flinch. But Hiura?? What is happening?