lipitorkid

Keston Hiura 2B MIL

Aguilar losing his job was promising for keston. But the Brewers went with Thames as his replacement. Keeping Aguilar around on the roster prolly is not a long term option. pinch hitting and spot starts rarely allows someone to work their way out of a slump. So Keston has to wait for an injury or someone else to lose their job. No way the Brewers want to stick a bunch of failed starters on their bench.

2 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

Aguilar losing his job was promising for keston. But the Brewers went with Thames as his replacement. Keeping Aguilar around on the roster prolly is not a long term option. pinch hitting and spot starts rarely allows someone to work their way out of a slump. So Keston has to wait for an injury or someone else to lose their job. No way the Brewers want to stick a bunch of failed starters on their bench.

Thames gets exposed over too many reps.  He has severe limitations.  He’s got a 40+% K rate so inevitably he’ll fall into a long slump.  He isn’t a long term answer, he’s a bench bat.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Thames gets exposed over too many reps.  He has severe limitations.  He’s got a 40+% K rate so inevitably he’ll fall into a long slump.  He isn’t a long term answer, he’s a bench bat.

You are not wrong.  I've thought that ever since he proved his return to MLB was a fluke, and he will continue to do so.  I mean, I understand going with him when you compare the two this season, but one still has to wonder how much longer the team will wait to bring up Hiura.  His bat definitely looks ready...

Keston just doubled then stole third. Shame that the Brewers can't use that at the MLB level. At least Aguilar seems safe for now. Maybe revisit the Moustakas to third and Shaw to SS putting Arcia on the bench idea? or just benching Shaw outright? DFA Thames is an easy way to clear a roster spot for Keston.

25 minutes ago, hailfire4 said:

Keston just doubled then stole third. Shame that the Brewers can't use that at the MLB level. At least Aguilar seems safe for now. Maybe revisit the Moustakas to third and Shaw to SS putting Arcia on the bench idea? or just benching Shaw outright? DFA Thames is an easy way to clear a roster spot for Keston.

He homered last night too...finally appears to be getting more selective, as his walks have ticked up. This brewer line-up is flawed, there are avenues to full time ABs, and he can force the issue, but I believe they are still about 30 games away from that point...just my .02

30 games is Super 2 so that is a possibility. However the Brewers window is very small and if they keep plodding at 500 they may not be able to wait. Jimmy Nelson might come back and be effective, Gio may have something left. Peralta well has a job the point is the Brewers pitching just aint all that so they better bombs away. At the trade deadline they can buy a pitcher or 2 but only if they are contending in July. At least the idea the Brewers run away with the Central is kinda unlikely. I think the Brewers have so many DH types around since they expect the NL to have the DH next year. The Cards seem to be keeping Jose Martinez around, Cubs Schwarber with the same idea. In fact the NL seems to have better DH types than the AL has.

2 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

5 BB / 32 K

He’s had only 8ks in his last 11games. Adjustment already happened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

5 BB / 32 K

Or to be more specific, 4BB / 8ks

Watching Shaw go 0 for 8 in person during an 18 inning game while seeing what Hiura is doing is gut-wrenching. Bring the kid up.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 11:02 PM, MathieuVirtuoso said:

The K rate is very worrisome early on for me. If he is selling out AVG for power, I would be selling him instantly. 

3-4 yesterday with a BB and SB...up to .327/.367/.693 with 10 homers in 30 games...I guess we ought not to making too many judgements based off of 10 games?? lolz

• Like 2

On 5/5/2019 at 4:29 AM, hailtoyourvictor said:

Watching Shaw go 0 for 8 in person during an 18 inning game while seeing what Hiura is doing is gut-wrenching. Bring the kid up.

Vlad got his chance last week. Senzel this past week. I think it's going to be Hiura time this week. 

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

3-4 yesterday with a BB and SB...up to .327/.367/.693 with 10 homers in 30 games...I guess we ought not to making too many judgements based off of 10 games?? lolz

Keston is a freak and I won't doubt him again until he K's 60% of the time in MLB lol

• Like 1

Dude’s on fire. Redraft stash alarms should be going off.

• Like 1

Counsil continues to stick to the ol' coachspeak when it comes to a clearly rattled and awful Shaw...but at some point, Stearns is just gonna toss his hands up and concede that it's simply foolish to let Hiura sizzle away in AAA while leaving automatic outs in the big league lineup.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Dude’s on fire. Redraft stash alarms should be going off.

Oh yeah! I got Yordan locked and loaded but I feel this is the other potential impact bat this year. Can’t think of who else really. Maybe Tucker. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

First 58 at bats: 24:1 k:bb ratio

Last 51 at bats: 8:9 k:bb ratio

Shaw went 1 for 5 tonight with a bloop single, 2 more strikeouts, and 7 left on base. Sadly, that actually raised his average on the year. Milwaukee has a dog fight on their hands in that division and I can’t see them letting Shaw continue this much longer. He has two minor league options remaining and I could be way off but it feels like we’re getting close to a call-up here.

Edited by meh2
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, meh2 said:

First 58 at bats: 24:1 k:bb ratio

Last 51 at bats: 8:9 k:bb ratio

Shaw went 1 for 5 tonight with a bloop single, 2 more strikeouts, and 7 left on base. Sadly, that actually raised his average on the year. Milwaukee has a dog fight on their hands in that division and I can’t see them letting Shaw continue this much longer. He was two minor league options remaining and I could be way off but it feels like we’re getting close to a call-up here.

Yeah couldn't agree more. CC wants to let him work his way out of it, which a good coach should prob do most times, but baseball has a cruel way of magnifying a bad slump and he is coming up in crucial spots and looks terrible. So many bad swings, weak contact and ugly pop-ups. Everyone saw how closely contested the division was last year--162 freakin' games and cubs/crew had to play it off for div...they are costing themselves by leaving a much better player (likely at least) in the minors.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah couldn't agree more. CC wants to let him work his way out of it, which a good coach should prob do most times, but baseball has a cruel way of magnifying a bad slump and he is coming up in crucial spots and looks terrible. So many bad swings, weak contact and ugly pop-ups. Everyone saw how closely contested the division was last year--162 freakin' games and cubs/crew had to play it off for div...they are costing themselves by leaving a much better player (likely at least) in the minors.

I got crap for this from a couple people for bringing it up on the Brewers Reddit.

32 minutes ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

I got crap for this from a couple people for bringing it up on the Brewers Reddit.

Everything on Reddit is basically crap so what else would one expect there.  I hate following any link to that dark hole when I'm trying to find out info on tech stuff and such.