lipitorkid

Keston Hiura 2B MIL

[Bench Coach content removed.  "Want to stash this guy but [a bunch of league-specific context]" isn't appropriate for this thread.  Use the BC forum.]

*RUMOR ALERT*

Lots of local chatter about Hiura possibly being called up FRI...3 left-handers on tap for weekend series in Wrigley...just an FYI

• Like 8

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

*RUMOR ALERT*

Lots of local chatter about Hiura possibly being called up FRI...3 left-handers on tap for weekend series in Wrigley...just an FYI

Like on local radio type chatter?

4 minutes ago, kwelch said:

Like on local radio type chatter?

Yeah that and twitter speculation, even MLB beat guy Adam McCalvy quote tweeted someone...talking about how it's not unprecedented for the Crew to make a call-up based on an upcoming schedule (ie called up Prince back in the day when they had a stretch of interleague games to utilize him at DH)...it's just something to keep in mind if some of you could afford a speculative add or something!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah that and twitter speculation, even MLB beat guy Adam McCalvy quote tweeted someone...talking about how it's not unprecedented for the Crew to make a call-up based on an upcoming schedule (ie called up Prince back in the day when they had a stretch of interleague games to utilize him at DH)...it's just something to keep in mind if some of you could afford a speculative add or something!

Love it. Where there's smoke there's fire. Hope you all can figure out how to make the stash. 

i love it when a plan comes together!

1 minute ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

what plan is that?..lol

prospect action plan? 🤷‍♂️

don't @ me, bro.

The Super 2 delay worries me if I am understanding it. He may not be set free until June.

I only have two bench spots available, but had to have him. I immediately knew I did the right thing when I got three messages from league mates. All of them containing the F-bomb.

Posted (edited)

Keep a close eye on if he's in San Antonio Mission's lineup today/tomorrow vs the New Orleans Baby Cakes (lol the what now?).  

EDIT:

980x.png

😳

Edited by Baur10

Shaw with a sweet 0-for-4 with BB, 2 Ks, 6 LOB last night. Average down to .172 on the season. 

I read the Cubs are lined up to have a couple of lefties on the hill this weekend against the Brewers. Shaw's splits this year against LHP:

.097/.125/.097 with 9 Ks in 31 AB. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

Shaw with a sweet 0-for-4 with BB, 2 Ks, 6 LOB last night. Average down to .172 on the season. 

I read the Cubs are lined up to have a couple of lefties on the hill this weekend against the Brewers. Shaw's splits this year against LHP:

.097/.125/.097 with 9 Ks in 31 AB. 

Hernan perez is a career .275 vs. Lhp and over .300 this year.  For those with limited roster moves or a roster crunch,a spec add is still risky as it might be months away.  Im starting to watch shaw more than hiura at this point though.

Even if the Brewers do bring up Hiura, most likely they send him down after the series. Shaw has been an above average hitter over 2,000 at bats. The Brewers will give him until at least June to figure things out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asprilla said:

Even if the Brewers do bring up Hiura, most likely they send him down after the series. Shaw has been an above average hitter over 2,000 at bats. The Brewers will give him until at least June to figure things out. 

https://www.pitcherlist.com/going-deep-travis-shaw-is-whiffing-more-than-ever/

I dunno these charts on Shaw look astronomically bad. Like DFA worthy

If the Brewers get desperate they could bring up Saladino who is on the 40 man roster. I'm a fan of Hiura but I don't see him up permanently until after super 2.

Just now, meh2 said:

sml_small.jpg

You're thinking of wOBA😂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pushaZ said:

I dunno these charts on Shaw look astronomically bad. Like DFA worthy

One good aspect is that the Brewers have options left on Shaw, so they could conceivably let Shaw try to find his swing in AAA without having to go the DFA route. A solid potential insurance plan should Shaw regain his confidence and Hiura struggle at the MLB level.

When was the last time the Brewers called up any hitting prospect before super 2? I can’t think of any...

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

When was the last time the Brewers called up any hitting prospect before super 2? I can’t think of any...

braun? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Lewis Brinson was early June.  Not certain if that was post super 2...just guessing since it was around that time.  They’d were having a few injuries at the time.