lipitorkid

Keston Hiura 2B MIL

I've read all the reasons for it but it's still a frustrating situation. I hope things get figured out but I fear it could be a season long issue finding playing time for Hiura. I hope he keeps hitting at AAA to force the issue. He's proven he's ready for MLB hitting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

Well this is awkward 

Hey little buddy.  Don't go slumping now just because you don't deserve to be back here...  

• Like 1

He prolly wouldn't sign an extension so he was sent back down til after his Super 2 date. July 15 is prolly his new date due to the major league time he accrued. The Brewers are taking a big chance since the last place team in the NL Central is only 6 games out of first. Odd the brewers have Thames, Aguilar, Braun, Shaw who would be better off DH if the NL had a DH

During the Brewers game today the announcers said it was always the plan to send Hiura down when Shaw was ready. It's not a popular move with almost anyone right now. 

Posted (edited)

Keston watching the Brewers with 2-hits vs the Marlins at home.

giphy.gif

Edited by kwelch
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, kwelch said:

Keston watching the Brewers with 2-hits vs the Marlins at home.

giphy.gif

but Shaw with a manly single amongst those two hits.   He's on a tear...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yeah but how does his K rate look?

26.1%.  Not great but definitely not enough to limit him.

i miss the days when keston was a major leaguer 😥

Shaw is still largely clueless at the plate, and yeah I know he hit a HR and has mixed in some walks too, but I watch every AB and he's just guessing and it leads to some of the worst swings I've seen out of a pro player. This simply can only go on so much further.

My best guess would be Moustakas at 3rd, Hiura at second, Shaw and Thames split first base. Aguilar has been off for a long time. 

2-2; 2 HR; 5 RBI in the top of the 3rd.

• Like 2

Somewhere, Travis Shaw is not getting a hit. Today marks 10 days in the minors, so Hiura can officially be recalled if the Brewers want. He's also likely pretty safe from Super-2, though I'm sure a few extra days wouldn't hurt

• Like 2

Rotoworld Blurb Guy is getting feisty about this too:

Fri, Jun 14

Brewers 2B prospect Keston Hiura went 2-for-5 with two homers on Thursday for Triple-A San Antonio.

Advice: Hiura has now homered 15 times in 45 games with the Missions, and he's now slashing .331/.399/.706 over 163 at-bats at the minor league level this year. This is just a friendly reminder that Hiura can flat-out hit, and that his demotion to the minors didn't have a darn thing to do with his current baseball ability. He should be back with Milwaukee as an everyday player in the coming weeks, if not days. Hang onto him.

(Rotoworld.com)

"Darn" ... he used the word "darn."  Rotoworld Blurb Guy is really pissed!   Beware the wrath of Rotoworld Blurb Guy, Milwaukee!    :angry:

• Haha 2

On 6/14/2019 at 9:26 PM, kwelch said:

It’s a crime that he’s in the minors and Shaw and H. Perez are splitting time at second for the Brewers 😡