rdf8585

Kyle Wright - ATL SP

Braves first rounder Kyle Wright has been promoted from the GCL to High-A Florida.

In three abbreviated starts in the GCL, Wright threw 5.2 IP, allowing 1 run on 3 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 8.

The former Vanderbilt star was one of the top 2 or 3 talents in the MLB Draft this year.

• Like 2

Wright debuted in High-A last night, going 2 perfect innings with a strikeout. It wasn't an easy task as he faced a Dunedin team with prospects like Bichette and Guerrero Jr. They were 0-2 against him.

Of Wright's 29 pitches, 18 were strikes.

• Like 1

Promoted to AAA recently. Looks like he could join the rotation next season if everything goes well for him.

3 hours ago, Kyso420 said:

Promoted to AAA recently. Looks like he could join the rotation next season if everything goes well for him.

Both him and Bryse Wilson.

Not super shocked Wright was sent to AAA but Wilson to AAA is aggressive progression imo. I have been following all braves milb players and I didn't think they would rush Wilson along this fast. Not saying hes not good but ATL has other's like Joey Wentz for example who is also 20 yrs old and still at Full A. At Full A he had a 2.60 ERA over 131 innings with 152 K's and only 46 free passes. Dam that's legit numbers. Does Wentz sniff AA...nope but Wilson had similar numbers this year as Wentz at Full A 2.50 ERA over 137 innings with 139 Ks and 37 walks and is rushed to AAA? Does Wentz not deserve a AA promotion this year?

2 hours ago, LarrysBraves26 said:

Not super shocked Wright was sent to AAA but Wilson to AAA is aggressive progression imo. I have been following all braves milb players and I didn't think they would rush Wilson along this fast. Not saying hes not good but ATL has other's like Joey Wentz for example who is also 20 yrs old and still at Full A. At Full A he had a 2.60 ERA over 131 innings with 152 K's and only 46 free passes. Dam that's legit numbers. Does Wentz sniff AA...nope but Wilson had similar numbers this year as Wentz at Full A 2.50 ERA over 137 innings with 139 Ks and 37 walks and is rushed to AAA? Does Wentz not deserve a AA promotion this year?

Wilson has been lights out at AA after a rough start. Since June 10, for instance, his line is: 50 1/3 IP,  2.14ERA, 10.73 K/9, 2.14 BB/9, 1.09 WHIP. This includes a garbage 3IP, 6H, 4ER, 1K start.

Having said that, I think Wentz is due for a promotion to AA for sure.