dabeesta17

Orleans Darkwa 2017 Season Outlook

35 minutes ago, jadakid said:

Anyone holding through week 11 or is there anyone better on waivers? I like him and he’s a great flex, but the risk of NYG being blown out and forced to throw from halftime on has me doubtful he can keep it up.  

I really wanted to hold him, but with Freeman sitting this week, I'm looking for a little more upside to slot in my RB spot (unless Woody looks good in practice). KC should be another blowout, and with McDooDoo's playcalling, Orleans' floor doesn't seem that appealing in PPR. The only thing holding me back is, even in the Rams blowout, he still received 18 touches. Short of Jamaal Williams, it will be hard to find any RB's getting close to those amounts of touches this late in the season.

Edited by Jwook

If the giants could ever win a game I think darkwa could go off but they just seem like a dead man walking. He's still a hold for me.

I'm holding for the time being. I am also without Freeman, so it's between Darkwa, Collins, and Lynch at RB2 for me.

Over his last 5 games: 67 for 362 and 5.3avg

Please keep running him NYG. Give him the touches.

Darkwa-Shepard-Engram would figure to be a pretty useful offensive skill trio. It's a shame their defense could care less and not allow the offense to have any positive game script.

10 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Darkwa-Shepard-Engram would figure to be a pretty useful offensive skill trio. It's a shame their defense could care less and not allow the offense to have any positive game script.

Have those 3 on my roster :D  Worked out well last week.

27 minutes ago, kdko said:

Have those 3 on my roster :D  Worked out well last week.

Wow you played three Giants? I thought I was brave playing Darkwa and Shepard.

16 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Wow you played three Giants? I thought I was brave playing Darkwa and Shepard.

Well Engram is the least brave choice of the 3 :lol:

Has had a soft schedule as of late, and still some great matchups to come. A viable FLEX play to say the least, consistently putting up ~10 PPG. HOLD.

4 hours ago, jadakid said:

Anyone holding through week 11 or is there anyone better on waivers?

He's literally my RB1.  So, yeah, I'm holding.   :lol:

well i guess he has a safe floor around 9 pts lately, but the defense that has quit on their coach is crippling his upside, and @SF was supposed to be his blowup spot. So-so run D matchup in the Chiefs this coming sunday but more importantly a hot offense in the Chiefs that can score a lot and in a hurry. I gotta put him on the shelf. I hope he blows up there because I like having startable fantasy assets. Good luck to the guys starting him this week.

Edited by Anteater99

If the Giants were smart, they'd run Darkwa early and often to keep the Chiefs' offense off the field.  Could be a good game for Darkwa.

But the Giants aren't smart.  So us guys that lost David Johnson are stuck tying our hopes to one of the most inept playcallers out there.

33 minutes ago, FeastMode said:

If the Giants were smart, they'd run Darkwa early and often to keep the Chiefs' offense off the field.  Could be a good game for Darkwa.

But the Giants aren't smart.  So us guys that lost David Johnson are stuck tying our hopes to one of the most inept playcallers out there.

I LOLed pretty hard at that one (late season mania). Giants and smart in the same sentence counts as an oxymoron.

Because Freeman is hurt I am deciding whether to start Darkwa, A. Morris, Burkhead, or D. Lewis.  Right now leaning towards Darkwa.  Chiefs aren't great against the run.  the only thing that concerns me is game script if the Giants get down big early in the game

23 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

... Chiefs aren't great against the run.  the only thing that concerns me is game script if the Giants get down big early in the game

As an owner of Kelce, Hunt and Hill, I have this cruddy feeling the Giants put up a fight defensively at home and limit my big 3. In that case Darkwa becomes pretty valuable. I kinda have to bet that doesn’t happen though. 

3 minutes ago, jadakid said:

As an owner of Kelce, Hunt and Hill, I have this cruddy feeling the Giants put up a fight defensively at home and limit my big 3. In that case Darkwa becomes pretty valuable. I kinda have to bet that doesn’t happen though. 

Right there with you.......I'm all in on Chiefs with Smith, Kelce, Hill and Butker. Also have Darkwa so torn between starting him or Burkhead.

On 11/15/2017 at 2:24 AM, Anteater99 said:

well i guess he has a safe floor around 9 pts lately, but the defense that has quit on their coach is crippling his upside, and @SF was supposed to be his blowup spot. So-so run D matchup in the Chiefs this coming sunday but more importantly a hot offense in the Chiefs that can score a lot and in a hurry. I gotta put him on the shelf. I hope he blows up there because I like having startable fantasy assets. Good luck to the guys starting him this week.

I'm rolling with him after all--- hard to turn down the guaranteed touches and the YPG. Gameflow is such a bitch with this team, however.

from silva's matchups column:

The 1-8 Giants are a dead team with little to play for beyond pride, but they do have an advantageous Week 11 matchup against the Chiefs, who have allowed 27 or more points in seven of their last eight away games while yielding top-12 quarterback results in four of the last seven weeks. Eli Manning paid streamer dividends with last week’s QB11 finish and is again a plug-and-play option off the waiver wire against Kansas City’s sieve-like defense. The Chiefs rank 22nd in pass-defense DVOA and have allowed the NFL’s ninth-most touchdown passes (16). … This is also a plus draw for Orleans Darkwa against a Kansas City run defense that ranks dead last in DVOA and has been gutted for a 175/806/4.61/5 rushing line by enemy running backs in its last seven games. Darkwa has averaged 17.0 touches in the Giants’ last four games with multiple receptions in three straight. Game flow will become a concern if the G-Men fall behind early, but Darkwa is a viable RB2/flex play in a great matchup with bankable volume. 

So if Shepard ends up having to sit, does his absence hurt or improve Darkwa' s chances at solid RB2 numbers?

On the one hand, the Giants are looking at negative script. That defense looks like they are just there to collect their check.

On the other hand, the Giants are down another starter. The wind gusts will be stiff. They will also need to control the time of possession to have a chance to win.

Stuck between taking a chance on waiting for Gill' s status for Burkhead, Woody's return game, or Darkwa's efficient looking stats on a bad team in PPR.

Concerns?  I could see KC stacking the LOS, daring them to throw.  They are also missing Pugh the LG.  How big of a loss is that?

Just now, Sternes said:

Concerns?  I could see KC stacking the LOS, daring them to throw.  They are also missing Pugh the LG.  How big of a loss is that?

this is what worries me along with game script getting out of hand.  Im starting Drake over him FWIW>

1 minute ago, charliehustler said:

this is what worries me along with game script getting out of hand.  Im starting Drake over him FWIW>

Agree with game script theory.