Iron-cock

Robby Anderson 2017 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

From what I've gathered I believe he was limited just as a precautionary measure. But well see.

source?

Bowles said he was limited because of a hamstring ailment but Robby did put a full practice yesterday.  

Man - really hope it's nothing.  My team is crumbling leading up to the playoffs.  First Ertz, now Robby :(

26 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

source?

Bowles said he was limited because of a hamstring ailment but Robby did put a full practice yesterday.  

Man - really hope it's nothing.  My team is crumbling leading up to the playoffs.  First Ertz, now Robby :(

Its on rotoworld if you type in Robby Anderson. Idk just the way they pitched it made it seem like he tweaked it a bit then took it easy the rest of the day. If it was really serious I have a feeling they would have pitched it different.

• Like 1

Looks like he aggravated it in practice today...RIP.

Robby Anderson is considered genuinely questionable for Week 14 after aggravating his hamstring injury at Thursday's practice.

Don't know how reliable Rapoport is when it comes to fantasy news but this...

• Like 1

As someone pretty new to football, just how bad is a hamstring injury? Does a week off suffice? And is he susceptible to a worse injury if he played? 

4 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Don't know how reliable Rapoport is when it comes to fantasy news but this...

Hope. 🙏🏻

Just have to see how it plays out the next couple days.  I'd love to see a limited practice tomorrow.

Rap sheet says he’s okay not panicking yet

12 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

As someone pretty new to football, just how bad is a hamstring injury? Does a week off suffice? And is he susceptible to a worse injury if he played? 

Depends on the severity. Corey Davis missed half the season with a hammy issue. Some players only miss one game, or play through it. 

And yes, he can aggravate it and/or worsen it if he strains it in game. 

I think I'm gonna bench Ol' Mr. Anderson though. Add the hammy issue with the match-up and I think I can find a better (safer) option. 

• Thanks 1

Hamstring injuries are the worst. I still feel mine and it healed 3 months ago.

Edited by AroundTheHorn

I'd say he's most likely not going to play. NYJ doesn't have much of a realistic chance at a wildcard spot so there's really no reason to rush Robby back and risk a more serious injury.  I'm lucky enough to have a couple other options, so I wasn't planning on starting @ DEN anyway.

17 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

Yeah it varies...Jordan Reed's been out weeks now with a hammy issue

• Thanks 2

Yeah I want to remain positive but not sure how you play when this happens so late in the week, especially for a a speedster like Robby.

25 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

I'm a medical student who is hoping to go into sports medicine and just got off my orthopaedic rotation where I worked with a lot of recovering athletes. From my POV, the hamstring is a difficult injury to play through and be 100%. Now we don't know the severity (could totally be a scare where he RA felt something but theres no significant damage), but the only injury buzzword that gives me more pause on a recovering athlete is Jones fracture (Side Note: Stay away from Olsen this year. Jones Fractures are bad news for athletes and their recovery is often impeded by a second surgery). 

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

I ran hurdles in hs, I pulled my hammie the first track meet wasn't able to come til the final track meet which was 2 months later. Obviously I'm not a pro athlete so take what I say with a grain of salt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, WaiverHero said:

I ran hurdles in hs, I pulled my hammie the first track meet wasn't able to come til the final track meet which was 2 months later. Obviously I'm not a pro athlete so take what I say with a grain of salt

Don't sell yourself short, buddy! I believe in you!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WaiverHero said:

I am taking the salt here. 

• Like 1

"Bowles wouldn't say if Anderson is in jeopardy of missing Sunday's game. The wideout briefly walked through the locker room Thursday. He didn't favor either leg, nor did he wear a wrap"

Edited by ludawg23

1 hour ago, BigMoneyNoWhammy said:

I'm a medical student who is hoping to go into sports medicine and just got off my orthopaedic rotation where I worked with a lot of recovering athletes. From my POV, the hamstring is a difficult injury to play through and be 100%. Now we don't know the severity (could totally be a scare where he RA felt something but theres no significant damage), but the only injury buzzword that gives me more pause on a recovering athlete is Jones fracture (Side Note: Stay away from Olsen this year. Jones Fractures are bad news for athletes and their recovery is often impeded by a second surgery). 

I should clarify though for those looking for some hope. I have no idea how severe it is and definitely couldn't tell you until I actually examined him personally. And even then, medical student means I'm FAR from a true expert. 

Hammy + rested Talib are making me very concerned about Robby this week. 

He was a full participant in practice today. No limitations. You guys not going to play him this week?

12 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

He was a full participant in practice today. No limitations. You guys not going to play him this week?

Guys been a top 10 WR for 6 weeks now no way I take him out