kmoore1521

Did ESPN get rid of public leagues?

Tried to create a public league like last year but it just randomely puts me into a draft room, whats the deal with that?

is there anyway to bypass this so people i know can join my public league?

do not have a bunch of people to invite for a LM league so this was my only option

any help is appreciated

28 minutes ago, edwardemanuelson said:

I think I know what you're asking, and I do not think it is possible. There is an option to make your league view-able to the public, but not join-able. 

exactly yea thats what i mean, you used to be able to create a public league and set up a draft date for the future but now it just puts you in the next draft room drafting in 5 minutes like WTH is that?

yeah...pain in the a**. I contacted ESPN about it and all they said was all custom leagues were now LM leagues, meaning pretty much private. Of course the rep couldn't tell me why they changed it or whose stupid idea it was. You can still get to the League Directory, but all of those leagues were created prior to ESPN changing the format. We need more people to complain I think. I know if they don't change it back I won't be using them next year. Anyway, hope this helps a little.

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:34 PM, kmoore1521 said:

Tried to create a public league like last year but it just randomely puts me into a draft room, whats the deal with that?

is there anyway to bypass this so people i know can join my public league?

do not have a bunch of people to invite for a LM league so this was my only option

any help is appreciated

You can still create public custom leagues, all ESPN have done is removed the create public league option from the interface.

http://games.espn.com/ffl/leaguesetup/st/start?custom=1

Go to Fantasy Football homepage on ESPN, on the right side, where that say, Create a League, Draft team Now and Draft team later. Just click draft team later, you will see a list of public leagues, right now it not many because it still early wait until June you see massive list of public leagues. 

It is possible to create a custom public league in ESPN fantasy football using the link

http://games.espn.com/ffl/leaguesetup/st/start?custom=1

(as Anarchy666 posted above) to start the league creation process.  Then you can change the settings around and the league can be made public.  But if you start from the fantasy football home page and use their "Create A League" link, there is no way to make your custom league public.