lolcopter

Commissioner's Corner (2017 Edition)

never liked any fantasy league that allows trading future years draft picks ....  also I am not a fan of keeper leagues.

especially in a cash league. Never ever join a cash league that trades future years picks or is a keeper....

all cash leagues should be re-drafts

I never understood that "tank" mode philosophy ... to me that guy is cheating the league.

Once he sees his team is not good enough to compete he starts selling ....

then panic for the other owners sets in....

44 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

never liked any fantasy league that allows trading future years draft picks ....  also I am not a fan of keeper leagues.

especially in a cash league. Never ever join a cash league that trades future years picks or is a keeper....

I never understood that "tank" mode philosophy ... to me that guy is cheating the league.

You need to make less scummy friends.

'All cash leagues should be redraft' is a ridiculous statement and implies that you play with shady people.

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Im not a huge fan of it in football, our league does it, but I have been saying for a while now the problems with it.   One of the issues with football in most standard type 1QB leagues, is that not every roster spot really matters, RB and WR are the essentials, obviously you cant stink at QB and TE but really its like 5-6 positions.  Because of that its difficult to get a lot of great value keepers in the auction, essentially you buy lottery tickets and when they do start to pay off, guys dont deal them.  

We are in an auction keeper league, team with Gurley who was an expiring contract and couldnt be kept also suffered loss of OBJ and team was Gurley and that was about it so he threw it out there to the league that he was "selling" for next year send him the best offers for essentially the No.1 fantasy player this year.   The offer he took:

Injured Dalvin Cook who will be $12 next season and $2Matt Breida. 

The point I make to many in our league is that we only have 6 real difference making spots, which is like 1/4 of say a traditional roto lineup.  So when you trade a Todd Gurley, that is the baseball equivalent of trading Mike Trout, Clayton Kershaw, Paul Goldschmidt and Bryce Harper for 1-2 commodities.    That is just too much of a game-changer.  If you traded those 4 guys in a baseball trade for 1 "solid" keeper and a guy who might get a job next year?  You would be kicked out of the league and the trade shut down.  

So I like the concept of an auction keeper league, the issue is that there are not enough good keepers and the lineups arent deep enough to where 1 stud just doesnt completely overturn things.

3 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

PPC leagues are dumb. No offense.

Your kickers score way too many points as well.

PPC? 

Your opinion. If the league wasn't any good we wouldn't have a waiting list to get in. 

We had someone try to buy someone's franchise last year to get in the league. 

State of the league is just fine. 

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Its not "tanking" so much as it is trying to acquire keepers for non keepers the issue our league has had is that there are not enough keepers and when you deal 1 stud RB, its just too lobsided when you think of it really impacting 1/5 or 1/6 of your lineup.   

3 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

PPC leagues are dumb. No offense.

Your kickers score way too many points as well.

Yeah that .3 per completion is a real killer. 

The scoring system is setup to make it so the QB's aren't top heavy as the most important players in the league. 

They get -4 for picks and lost points for sacks. The also don't get escalators like backs and receivers do. 

Thanks for you input tho, nobody gives a f---. 

10 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Yeah that .3 per completion is a real killer. 

The scoring system is setup to make it so the QB's aren't top heavy as the most important players in the league. 

They get -4 for picks and lost points for sacks. The also don't get escalators like backs and receivers do. 

Thanks for you input tho, nobody gives a f---. 

Why post your league's scoring if you don't want people to comment on it?

It just seems over complicated for no good reason to me. No need to get angry.

Edited by dmb3684
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

You need to make less scummy friends.

'All cash leagues should be redraft' is a ridiculous statement and implies that you play with shady people.

This has nothing to with my friends or your friends ...

i play in redraft cash leagues only....No need for you to get personal. The last five years I participate in two offline drafts (two different leagues)we have a great time pizza beer etc...  

Another topic in this thread was about couples ... me & another guy wrote we rather not play with a couples. You told that guy grow up and find better friends....

Ok we get it you’re the greatest and Have great fricking leagues with great freaking friends. 

36 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Why post your league's scoring if you don't want people to comment on it?

It just seems over complicated for no good reason to me. No need to get angry.

The scoring system was setup to make the league deeper as it has 14 teams. 

I love when people tell me about their BS 10 man leagues. If I can build a contender on the wire by week 6 and by the wire alone, it's not a real league to me. 

I also love the people that say, " I play in 20 leagues and I won 3 of them." 

Law of numbers says that's no accomplishment. 

How is it complicated? In my opinion, simple scoring systems are what create the most problems. 

47 minutes ago, parrothead said:

Im not a huge fan of it in football, our league does it, but I have been saying for a while now the problems with it.   One of the issues with football in most standard type 1QB leagues, is that not every roster spot really matters, RB and WR are the essentials, obviously you cant stink at QB and TE but really its like 5-6 positions.  Because of that its difficult to get a lot of great value keepers in the auction, essentially you buy lottery tickets and when they do start to pay off, guys dont deal them.  

We are in an auction keeper league, team with Gurley who was an expiring contract and couldnt be kept also suffered loss of OBJ and team was Gurley and that was about it so he threw it out there to the league that he was "selling" for next year send him the best offers for essentially the No.1 fantasy player this year.   The offer he took:

Injured Dalvin Cook who will be $12 next season and $2Matt Breida. 

The point I make to many in our league is that we only have 6 real difference making spots, which is like 1/4 of say a traditional roto lineup.  So when you trade a Todd Gurley, that is the baseball equivalent of trading Mike Trout, Clayton Kershaw, Paul Goldschmidt and Bryce Harper for 1-2 commodities.    That is just too much of a game-changer.  If you traded those 4 guys in a baseball trade for 1 "solid" keeper and a guy who might get a job next year?  You would be kicked out of the league and the trade shut down.  

So I like the concept of an auction keeper league, the issue is that there are not enough good keepers and the lineups arent deep enough to where 1 stud just doesnt completely overturn things.

Yea those leagues where you only keep a player for certain years or auction price increases are totally different. I have been in those leagues enjoyed them .... it was a free ESPN league eventually I had to leave the league conflict with draft night. 

Like I wrote if I am playing in a cash league it is a redraft ... I am in a free dynasty football league and I love it. Digging deep finding that guy who might make an impact in 2018 .

I am in a baseball free dynasty league ... i like it but also it sucks. I seen some crazy trades that I shake my head. This league you can trade future year draft pick.. that sucks. 

1 hour ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

The scoring system was setup to make the league deeper as it has 14 teams. 

I love when people tell me about their BS 10 man leagues. If I can build a contender on the wire by week 6 and by the wire alone, it's not a real league to me. 

I also love the people that say, " I play in 20 leagues and I won 3 of them." 

Law of numbers says that's no accomplishment. 

How is it complicated? In my opinion, simple scoring systems are what create the most problems. 

I play in 3 leagues and I won none of them. 

Not sure why you are so defensive. Just  my opinion. Whatever works for people works for people. 

Edited by dmb3684
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

This has nothing to with my friends or your friends ...

i play in redraft cash leagues only....No need for you to get personal. The last five years I participate in two offline drafts (two different leagues)we have a great time pizza beer etc...  

Another topic in this thread was about couples ... me & another guy wrote we rather not play with a couples. You told that guy grow up and find better friends....

Ok we get it you’re the greatest and Have great fricking leagues with great freaking friends. 

But it has everything  to do with your friends. 90 percent of  the posts in this thread are problems with people, not the league itself.

Yea those leagues where you only keep a player for certain years or auction price increases are totally different. I have been in those leagues enjoyed them .... it was a free ESPN league eventually I had to leave the league conflict with draft night. 

Like I wrote if I am playing in a cash league it is a redraft ... I am in a free dynasty football league and I love it. Digging deep finding that guy who might make an impact in 2018 .

I am in a baseball free dynasty league ... i like it but also it sucks. I seen some crazy trades that I shake my head. This league you can trade future year draft pick.. that sucks. 

All of our leagues are money leagues, the main football league we do is an auction keeper, guys increase salaries 1.5 original, can only be kept 2 years or if in first year they can be franchised without the 1.5 increase, but that becomes their last year and I commissioner that one and we have a keeper system and college guys etc, but honestly I dont think it works all that well, I like the keeper philosophy, but its just tough to pull off in football.  

The other 1 keeper league is also a money league, my baseball league is also a money league, football/baseball main ones are $250 entry and the 1 keeper football is like $120

So our college draft is a 1-round deal and actually those picks are pretty valuable because that draft is pre-auction, one thing we did this year is that the bottom 6 teams had playoff bracket for the top 6 draft order, so teams had some incentive to hang onto their talent versus the old "I might as well get something"...we also moved our trade deadline up a few years ago so less teams were "out of it" and give up serious difference makers for essentially nothing. 

8 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

But it has everything  to do with your friends. 90 percent of  the posts in this thread are problems with people, not the league itself.

I, for one, know my league's issues are a result of the people in it definitely. 

These are my friends though and the people that we have in the league. 

I come here for ideas on how to check and control some of their ridiculous tactics. 

So far I've actually found a lot of good ones and we've had about 1.5 years of solid peace. I think the rules are working. 

I also don't really believe that you should just have totally honorable people all the time, cause I feel like sometimes they might not go that extra mile or walk that line to set themselves up to win.  Sometime, and this is just my opinion, competitiveness can create these problems and I believe that it is the competitiveness of our league that helps make it great for us.

If I wasn't commish I'd probably have done many of the things they did themselves lol. Now, even if I wanted to, I couldn't. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I, for one, know my league's issues are a result of the people in it definitely. 

These are my friends though and the people that we have in the league. 

I come here for ideas on how to check and control some of their ridiculous tactics. 

So far I've actually found a lot of good ones and we've had about 1.5 years of solid peace. I think the rules are working. 

I also don't really believe that you should just have totally honorable people all the time, cause I feel like sometimes they might not go that extra mile or walk that line to set themselves up to win.  Sometime, and this is just my opinion, competitiveness can create these problems and I believe that it is the competitiveness of our league that helps make it great for us.

If I wasn't commish I'd probably have done many of the things they did themselves lol. Now, even if I wanted to, I couldn't. 

And that is what makes a good commish, is when you see issues or loopholes, you come up with solutions to close and solve them, not expose and exploit.  

• Thanks 1