Sign in to follow this  
tschnedr

Zeke Elliott for Gurley/Watkins - WHIR (Auction/Keeper League)

I'm in a 10 team auction keeper league (PPR scoring) with some semi-complicated rules around the keeper process.  Each team has a $200 salary cap and can keep up to 3 players.  After keeping a player for 2 years that player enters restricted free agency.  Other teams can bid on that player and the owner can match the highest bid and keep them or let them go and receive 50% of the difference between the highest bid and the keeper price.

I am locked in on keeping David Johnson at $25.  I had been planning on also keeping Elliott, but I'm proceeding as if he's missing 6 games and that makes his $46 price tag too high.  I've been offered a deal of Elliott for Gurley and Sammy Watkins.  I have no interest in keeping Watkins, but he's in this restricted free agency process and might bring in a few extra dollars toward my salary cap.

Thoughts on this deal?  Gurley will be $17 heading into the season.  I'm intrigued about 2 RB's (with one being the potential top player) for $42 total.

I'd be okay with doing that.  To be honest, I'm not sure if I would because I'm not convinced Gurley or Watkins will be worth anything.  The primary reason I think I'd lean towards doing it is the price tag on Elliot when you'll basically have him for half the season.  There's at least a chance Gurley will put up good numbers for you all year, Watkins as well if you end up with him after draft time as well.

I should add that there's some chance that I do the trade and don't even end up keeping Gurley.  I also have Evans and Cooks heading into this restricted free agency process.  I'll have the option to keep either/both if the price is right or let either/both walk and collect a ton of extra auction cash.  If I keep both WR's (they're both well under market value prior to bidding) then I'd just cut Gurley.

I'd definitely be keen to do that as well. 6 games missed is just too much to pay nearly a quarter of your budget on. I am pretty high on Gurley so I do like him for $17 as well, and starting with two RBs never hurts. Do you know the prices on Evans and Cooks?

I would do it. Zeke won't be available until Week 8 & Gurley isn't a bad replacement. I'm in the minority thinking Sammy's situation may have improved last week.

Edited by cousinal111

Evans has a starting bid of $13.  I expect him to get to the $50 range when its all said and done.  If he hits $50 he's about $20 under market based on how this league works.  If I let him walk I'd pocket an extra $19 auction dollars.

Cooks has a starting bid of $18.  That's the lowest I could keep him for.  There are a lot of quality players to bid on this year, so while I think he'll be higher, it shouldn't be by a ton.

I like having DJ and Gurley as my two starting RB's Elliott is obviously worth more, and your team would be a playoff stud with DJ and Zeke, but you have to ask if its worth it to you