Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kball09

Jaron Brown 2017 Season Outlook

Yeah Palmer is airing it out without DJ! Really hard to predict which WR will eat though. In deep leagues you could do worse than Jaron, who said he is still somewhat working his way back from last season's torn ACL. He can get even better as the season goes on.

I've suffered an acl injury and for surgery there are two fronts. You can graft your hamstring which has equivalent strength as the prior acl.

You can also graft your patellar tendon which is actually the strongest.  Modern medicine has come a long ways; however it is still a knee trauma and will have its effects.  Recovery is pretty amazing - lots of individuals have come back (Nelson, gurley, now brown).  

As mentioned it is hard to predict with Arians dialogue (brown x2, Nelson, Ellington and of course the goat, Larry fitZ)

17 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

What's the deal with this guy? Any consistency at all? Fitz, John Brown, Ellington.. It seems like a nightmare. 

He's the 4th WR on a team that can't protect the QB in the pocket. What exactly do you expect from the guy

7 hours ago, Anteater99 said:

He's the 4th WR on a team that can't protect the QB in the pocket. What exactly do you expect from the guy

Well, actually he is officially listed as the starter opposite Fitz. With JJ Nelson and especially John Brown never healthy and always on a snap count, Jaron will get his most games. Palmer trusts him on important downs when Fitz is double covered. Nearly had a TD. In 14-16 team leagues Jaron is a solid WR3, in 12 team leagues a bye week flex.

Worth a bench spot if you have the room. Getting consistent snaps and targets past two weeks. Should have had a huge Week 3 but just missed some big plays. 

8 hours ago, frog34 said:

Well, actually he is officially listed as the starter opposite Fitz. With JJ Nelson and especially John Brown never healthy and always on a snap count, Jaron will get his most games. Palmer trusts him on important downs when Fitz is double covered. Nearly had a TD. In 14-16 team leagues Jaron is a solid WR3, in 12 team leagues a bye week flex.

how many points is that?

i'm pretty sure the consensus is that Fitz, JJ Nelson, and John Brown are ahead of him. He was a deep dive flier add when Brown was hurt and out. Smokey is now sort of hurt and sort of out. In non-exceptionally deep leagues he's staying on waiver wires

17 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

how many points is that?

i'm pretty sure the consensus is that Fitz, JJ Nelson, and John Brown are ahead of him. He was a deep dive flier add when Brown was hurt and out. Smokey is now sort of hurt and sort of out. In non-exceptionally deep leagues he's staying on waiver wires

what are you talking about? John Brown and Nelson are not ahead of him at all. that changes everything. why would you post this opinion in here with so little knowledge of the situation

Look at the snap counts he is on the field second most, he has 263 snap counts, Fitz has 295 snaps.  Jaron is the number 2 currently.  If Smoke or JJ were healthy he might have less snaps.

31 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

how many points is that?

Except that isn't the consensus at all.

38 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Is Jaron the WR to own in Ari????? (behind Fitz)

Im thinking dropping JJ Nelson for him

That is exactly what I did. Nelson was sort of a flash in the pan while Jaron is more steady IMO.

Anything to see here? Or will Arizona WRs just play musical chairs all season?

10 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Anything to see here? Or will Arizona WRs just play musical chairs all season?

I grabbed him for this week's bye situation. Would work out great if he gets 8+ targets and solidifies some type of role in this corps. His snap count percentage has been very encouraging, my only concern is that Palmer simply doesn't care who he throws to, and could just as easily sling 14 targets to Fitz one day and 11 targets to JJ Nelson the next. 

Looking at the numbers he's pretty consistent outside of week 1 . And next up he's got my Eagles who everyone knows for years our secondary has sucked and been very burnable . I'm picking him up because DT has a bye. Hoping i look like a genius and he gets maybe 70 yards and a TD but the eagles still get the win :)

21 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

Is Jaron the WR to own in Ari????? (behind Fitz)

Im thinking dropping JJ Nelson for him

I am dropping JJ for Brown.  Better consistency.  

30 targets the last 3 games and a really nice schedule coming up. PHI, TB, LAR, SF

After Fitz, Jaron is the WR I want to own. With DJ out for several more weeks, this team is going to need to pass quite a bit. I can see steady production from Brown continuing. He is currently #7 in the league in target distance.

Last three weeks:

Jaron Brown: 29 targets, 14/205/1

Fitzgerald: 28 targets, 19/202/2

just put a waiver claim for him.  I'm #3 on the waiver list.  I figured to use it on him and plan on playing him this week to replace Cooper.

Got a juicy match up this week.

Just now, hubbell525 said:

Any concern with John Brown coming back?

Nope. Cardinals can't run. Brown can't stay healthy unfortunately. 

Ridiculous volume of snaps and Carson is throwing more than any QB in the league since they can't run at all. Plus, they play a bunch of bad secondaries with potential to trail a lot of these games. This is the WR to own off the wire this week IMO

Who is this guy?  Was he a beast in college?  I just dropped Shephard to pick him up because I too like all these targets and Palmer is slinging it this year. Too bad they refer to him on Yahoo as J. brown. They have another one, so it gets confusing.