Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kball09

Jaron Brown 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Anything to see here? Or will Arizona WRs just play musical chairs all season?

 

this guy has a wr3/ low wr2 upside if the Cardinals can decide who they want to play as their top 2 or 3 WRs

 

But yea... the musical chair been nothing but a pain in the a**

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

Who is this guy?  Was he a beast in college?  I just dropped Shephard to pick him up because I too like all these targets and Palmer is slinging it this year. Too bad they refer to him on Yahoo as J. brown. They have another one, so it gets confusing. 


Undrafted in 2013, out of Clemson. Did not do much in college. In his best season he had 400 yards and 4 TDs. He did have impressive combine #s, standing at 6'2'' and running a 4.4 40 time. Over the next 4 seasons, he's done next to nothing. He's coming off an ACL injury in 2016.

I spent $20 on him. I'm not going to sleep on 29 targets in 3 games. Especially when it's coming from a WR in a pass heavy offense with limited competing weapons outside of Fitz. I've read some go as far as to say he's Michael Floyd without the drinking problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

I've read some go as far as to say he's Michael Floyd without the drinking problems.

 

and he can actually catch the ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was shocked to see him as a FA this morning. Easy FA add for me. Dude is ballin'

 

Jaron Brown, ARI, WR – Something to consider when deciding on whether to cast a line in the waiver pool for Brown’s services is that he ranks tied for fifth in catches that have gone for 10 or more yards (14). This is especially impressive, considering he didn’t even record a catch in Week 1. Not surprisingly, Antonio Brown and Julio Jones(16) top this list, and Stefon Diggs and A.J. Green clock in right after with 15 such catches. So Brown is hanging in elite territory in this statistical showcase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

 


Undrafted in 2013, out of Clemson. Did not do much in college. In his best season he had 400 yards and 4 TDs. He did have impressive combine #s, standing at 6'2'' and running a 4.4 40 time. Over the next 4 seasons, he's done next to nothing. He's coming off an ACL injury in 2016.

I spent $20 on him. I'm not going to sleep on 29 targets in 3 games. Especially when it's coming from a WR in a pass heavy offense with limited competing weapons outside of Fitz. I've read some go as far as to say he's Michael Floyd without the drinking problems.

 

Thank you for this analysis and insight regarding his history.  I'm scratching my head even more....the dude has basically done nothing to write home about all his college and after college days and now he is catching passes like Antonio Brown. Say what?  Well, I now own him and bye weeks are coming up for me, especially weeks 8/9. I hope he can fill in nicely. Let me go see who Arizona plays those two weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Spent $2 FAAB on this guy, he better earn his keep! -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snap report has been be looked into for this guy the last week. 

 

He played about 95 peecent of the snaps last week, Fitz 94%, John Brown 61% and JJ Nelson 28%.  

 

So Jaron was the clear number 2 while Nelson and the other Brown rotated. Hope that continues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TennisMenace said:

 

Thank you for this analysis and insight regarding his history.  I'm scratching my head even more....the dude has basically done nothing to write home about all his college and after college days and now he is catching passes like Antonio Brown. Say what?  Well, I now own him and bye weeks are coming up for me, especially weeks 8/9. I hope he can fill in nicely. Let me go see who Arizona plays those two weeks. 

 

He never got the opportunity in college. He had Hopkins, Bryant and Watkins all on his team. Arians has his full confidence and said this offseason that he and Fitz looked like the only NFL Wrs on the roster and named him as a starter. I wouldn't be scared off at all. It was musical chairs last year because he didn't establish himself and then eventually tore his ACL. Now, even with John Brown back it didn't cut into his snaps at all, he still ended up with 96 percent or something stupid. John Brown cut into JJ Nelson's snaps if anything. Production, opportunity and volume like this can't be ignored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is pretty weird that he didn’t play a single snap week 1.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chud12 said:

It is pretty weird that he didn’t play a single snap week 1.  

 

You wrong. Jaron started all 4 games. You probably looked up the often injured J Brown.

 

Their base offense is 3 WR. JJ Nelson and John Brown are great speedsters, but too injury-prone, especially John Brown. Judging their last couple games Arians found out that rotating speedsters will keep them healthier and that Jaron Brown - while not as flashy - is the most consistent WR behind Larry Legend. Jaron also in a contract year balling out. You like that!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, frog34 said:

 

You wrong. Jaron started all 4 games. You probably looked up the often injured J Brown.

 

Their base offense is 3 WR. JJ Nelson and John Brown are great speedsters, but too injury-prone, especially John Brown. Judging their last couple games Arians found out that rotating speedsters will keep them healthier and that Jaron Brown - while not as flashy - is the most consistent WR behind Larry Legend. Jaron also in a contract year balling out. You like that!

 

 

 

 

Na man, I looked up snap reports.  I saw for each week and Jaron wasn’t even listed in the week 1 report.  I saw him on the week 2, 3 and 4 reports. Anyway like above stated it prob had to do with DJ being healthy I guess. Jaron wasn’t even targeted week 1 so I doubt he started. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, chud12 said:

 

Na man, I looked up snap reports.  I saw for each week and Jaron wasn’t even listed in the week 1 report.  I saw him on the week 2, 3 and 4 reports. Anyway like above stated it prob had to do with DJ being healthy I guess. Jaron wasn’t even targeted week 1 so I doubt he started. 

 

 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowJa03/gamelog/2017/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, frog34 said:

 

You wrong. Jaron started all 4 games. You probably looked up the often injured J Brown.

 

Their base offense is 3 WR. JJ Nelson and John Brown are great speedsters, but too injury-prone, especially John Brown. Judging their last couple games Arians found out that rotating speedsters will keep them healthier and that Jaron Brown - while not as flashy - is the most consistent WR behind Larry Legend. Jaron also in a contract year balling out. You like that!

 

 

 

Jaron Brown 

SNAPS-targets:

wk1 73%- 0

wk2 76%- 11

wk3 94%- 6

wk4 95% - 12

 

 

This the reason why i spent FAAB on him this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta remember, JJ nelson has been out and john brown is just getting back.  Jaron's target share is likely to decrease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

Gotta remember, JJ nelson has been out and john brown is just getting back.  Jaron's target share is likely to decrease.

DJ going down was a big hit for them. Game script changer. 

 

Sounds like someone missed out ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

Gotta remember, JJ nelson has been out and john brown is just getting back.  Jaron's target share is likely to decrease.

Jj played all games. 3 targets and 0 catches week 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grimsfield said:

Gotta remember, JJ nelson has been out and john brown is just getting back.  Jaron's target share is likely to decrease.

 

Why is John Brown always so hyped in fantasy circles?  I'm looking at his game log from last year, and nothing jumps out at me. He played 14 games and only caught more than 5 balls twice.  Also had 7 games of 1 catch or less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Jaron Brown 

SNAPS-targets:

wk1 73%- 0

wk2 76%- 11

wk3 94%- 6

wk4 95% - 12

 

 

This the reason why i spent FAAB on him this week

 

As for the 1st game @ Detroit: Palmer looked totally done in this one. Jaron was the starter and had quite a few targets wiped out by penalty, one of them a shot into the end zone. Once DJ went down their offense went into full meltdown mode. Jaron's week 1 is more of a crazy outlier than anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beakman said:

 

Why is John Brown always so hyped in fantasy circles?  I'm looking at his game log from last year, and nothing jumps out at me. He played 14 games and only caught more than 5 balls twice.

 

It's the name and past production. He has the "Meg Ryan Syndrome". People see the name and think "ooo baby, Meg Ryan, she hot!", but have they seen Meg Ryan lately?!............ *shudders*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope he is seizing a role in the offense. John Brown has been such a hit or miss due to his injuries and inconsistency. This guy has size and speed. I picked him up in a couple leagues, especially the one I own John Brown in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhhh, this guy, Fuller, or Funchess.  So many good WR dart throws this week.  I love how much this offense is passing for PPR purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beakman said:

 

Why is John Brown always so hyped in fantasy circles?  I'm looking at his game log from last year, and nothing jumps out at me. He played 14 games and only caught more than 5 balls twice.  Also had 7 games of 1 catch or less.

 

Because when he was healthy earlier this season, really only one game, he was second in targets, behind larry. You can dismiss that all you want, but i t happened. I picked up Jaron too last night, so I'm invested, but it would be foolish to ignore that. Just saying, its something to be aware of. Jaron has by no means snatched the no.2 job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beakman said:

 

Why is John Brown always so hyped in fantasy circles?  I'm looking at his game log from last year, and nothing jumps out at me. He played 14 games and only caught more than 5 balls twice.  Also had 7 games of 1 catch or less.

his speed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beakman said:

 

Why is John Brown always so hyped in fantasy circles?  I'm looking at his game log from last year, and nothing jumps out at me. He played 14 games and only caught more than 5 balls twice.  Also had 7 games of 1 catch or less.

 

In 2015 he played 15 games and finished as the WR22 with a 65-1,003-7 line.  The idea has been that with Floyd out of the way and Fitz possibly losing a step, he has the potential to return WR2 (or higher) numbers for pennies on the dollar.

The John Brown hype is similar to the way fantasy owners continue to cling to Josh Gordon's 2013 campaign.  There really aren't very many breakout WR candidates when you get into the double-digit rounds in your fantasy draft, and startable WR's don't appear on the waiver wire very often during the season.  So we start to talk ourselves into guys who had one great season years ago and theoretically have the potential for more.

But we can't ignore what we see in the actual games, which is that John Brown can never stay healthy and Jaron Brown seems to have jumped him on the depth chart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.