Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kball09

Jaron Brown 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Man, somebody in my league just spent 38% faab to get Jaron. Crazy times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pikerbkb said:

Man, somebody in my league just spent 38% faab to get Jaron. Crazy times. 

 

what a waste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

 

what a waste

 

It is hard to respect a guy who seems to have zero resume, but you have to take notice of his targets and catches three straight games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

 

It is hard to respect a guy who seems to have zero resume, but you have to take notice of his targets and catches three straight games. 

 

more than a 1/3 of your faab for a guy who really is a dart throw is a waste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

 

more than a 1/3 of your faab for a guy who really is a dart throw is a waste.

Maybe he really felt weak at Wr

 

Could still pan out and make the person look like a genius

 

But that is the classic case of overpaying for sure

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

 

more than a 1/3 of your faab for a guy who really is a dart throw is a waste.

It may not be a dart throw. John Brown has definitely soured on the coaching staff and is oft injured. JJ Nelson is a gadget guy that won't be relied on for consistency. Jaron Brown has all the measurables and is getting an opportunity. And so far he has seized the opportunity. Fitz is the only guy in that passing offense with any clout that won't lose any work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Szer0 said:

Maybe he really felt weak at Wr

 

Could still pan out and make the person look like a genius

 

But that is the classic case of overpaying for sure

 

 

Full disclosure this guy has the highest scoring team right now with a RB dominant team. His receivers are pretty strong, but not producing. He may have done it to keep Jaron off another teams roster. Dropped Breida to get Brown too lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

Full disclosure this guy has the highest scoring team right now with a RB dominant team. His receivers are pretty strong, but not producing. He may have done it to keep Jaron off another teams roster. Dropped Breida to get Brown too lol. 

I dropped Breda for Brown as well. What's not to like about Brown. The team can't run and he is getting tons of targets and playing time. That being said I got him for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yanksman said:

I dropped Breda for Brown as well. What's not to like about Brown. The team can't run and he is getting tons of targets and playing time. That being said I got him for free.

Nice. Nothing wrong with Brown at all, more of a knock on Breida. The guy fooled me. A lot of people still refuse to see he's a JAG.

 

Whatever happened to McKayla Maroney? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

Nice. Nothing wrong with Brown at all, more of a knock on Breida. The guy fooled me. A lot of people still refuse to see he's a JAG.

 

Whatever happened to McKayla Maroney? 

She's a hottie on Instagram now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firing up brown this week - couldn't handle my bye week with someone like Maclin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry fellas as you can see from my post above I like the trend of  jaron given the opportunity and situation but I had to drop him and waste my $2 FAAB in order to pick up the Denver dst for ROS thx to a another team doing the bye week shuffle. I hope Jaron has a avg game so I can scoop him up on the cheap again.

The fantasy world is betting on John brown to re-estblish himself but I think going forward the intermediate route running of Jaron Brown will produce more consistent week to week fantasy points that the deep ball points that john brown gives when he is healthy. I don't think Palmer will get alot of time to make those deep throws due to thee weakish 0-line and Jaron will be his next best option away from Fitzgerald.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2017 at 6:23 PM, grimsfield said:

 

more than a 1/3 of your faab for a guy who really is a dart throw is a waste.

 

Jaron Brown is more than a dart throw.  I'm almost certain he'll finish at Arizona's second leading WR this year as Nelson and Smokey just can't stay healthy.  And Arizona throws basically every play now.

 

I do agree that he's not a 30%+ of FAAB guy though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two Eagles players have been officially ruled out: starting defensive tackle Fletcher and starting cornerback Ronald Darby. Neither player was able to practice this week.

 

Some info about this week's matchup for JaBrown ......

 

Palmer and the Cardinals face a theoretically favorable matchup this coming week when they travel east to take on the Eagles. Philadelphia is top-10 in passer rating allowed in the deep (20-plus air yards) left and middle portions of the field. We know the Cardinals like to attack teams in the vertical game.

The Eagles are particularly susceptible to wide receivers on the left outside position, as their 412 yards allowed to left wide receivers leads the NFL. That should put Jaron Brown in a good position for another big game with 48 percent of his targets this year coming from the outside left. Brown showed an excellent ability to win the ball in tight coverage in Week 4, catching seven of his 10 tight window targets against the 49ers.

 

Jaron Brown is developing nicely.
He caught 7 of his 10 tight window targets (< 1 yard of separation) for 86 yards in Week 4 #NextGenStats

XNfRP5M.jpg

 

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000000857094/article/next-gen-stats-week-5-fantasy-sleeper-matchups

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, Firing him up as well,  6+ targets  line 6/60/1 

 

Siting Tate

(Det. just wants to control the clock lately, and run as much as possible.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also firing him up and sitting John Brown. Bye week players are playing a part in starting him, but I also think he is definitely on the WR3 radar right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fire this dude up!!!!  And then sit back and relax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a 2 QB league and the guy I'm playing has Carson Palmer... wasn't feeling my receivers went to check the waiver and BOOM there's Jaron Brown. It's probably a defensive pickup/move, but will be starting him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, lavaman said:

Fire this dude up!!!!  And then sit back and relax.

 

I don't know if we can ever relax, constantly seeing "J.Brown" on the box score and doing a quick blood sacrifice before checking to see if it's our Brown and not the other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably starting him over Cooper but you never seem to know what you're going to get with these Cardinals receivers.  Hoping he can go off for a 100 yard day and a TD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lavaman said:

Fire this dude up!!!!  And then sit back and relax.

 

There are too many moving pieces in the AZ offense for me to "sit back and relax" at this point. Fitz could get 7 target, he could also get 15. john brown could get 3, he could also just as easily get 11. Have a feeling he was limited last week and didn't get as much play as he will this week. Throw jj nelson, gresham, and ellington into the mix.... Can you really relax????? I guarantee palmer won't be throwing nearly 50 passes per week for the entire season. This team still has a really high end defense, they won't need to throw as much as they have been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

 

There are too many moving pieces in the AZ offense for me to "sit back and relax" at this point. Fitz could get 7 target, he could also get 15. john brown could get 3, he could also just as easily get 11. Have a feeling he was limited last week and didn't get as much play as he will this week. Throw jj nelson, gresham, and ellington into the mix.... Can you really relax????? I guarantee palmer won't be throwing nearly 50 passes per week for the entire season. This team still has a really high end defense, they won't need to throw as much as they have been.

Jaron gets targeted heavily due to the routes he runs. Palmer doesnt have time in the pocket, so he mostly gets it off to nearest guy, which seems to be Jaron lately. Yes Fitz will probably have more targets, Ellington will have quick dump offs and Jaron is right there with them . JJ and John lining up on the outside takes time for them to run their routes which again Palmer doesnt have. Phi has decent pass rush  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got him off waivers this week for $6, and plugging him in. May even have to rely on him as my WR1 if D. Adams doesn't get cleared...ugh. 

 

Hoping for a 7/75/1 line or better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2017 at 6:10 PM, pikerbkb said:

Man, somebody in my league just spent 38% faab to get Jaron. Crazy times. 

 

I don't think it's the worst idea. He is getting heaps of targets and passes the eye test.

I bid about $20 out of about $200 and was surprised when someone else trumped me with a $35 bid.

Non-zero chance he outperforms guys like Martavis Bryant and Rishard Matthews this year. If those guys were on the wire in 12-teamers, owners would be bidding 50%+ for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.