Finally Detroit Wins

Marquise Goodwin 2017 Season Outlook

31 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

Anyone read Silva's matchup? He wrote that Goodwin doesn't have a good matchup this weekend.

I stated these couple days ago, Ten is one of better Ds @ limiting 20+yrd plays..

I m starting him.. Hes playing at home, the volume is there, hes due for TD regression, and he will be playing with an emotional drive following his fathers passing this week..

7/80/1  

2 hours ago, Woonga24 said:

Anyone read Silva's matchup? He wrote that Goodwin doesn't have a good matchup this weekend.

Shanny will find ways to get him the ball. 

Edited by tah10

Goodwin is going to be locked up with Tennessee number one corner who has been doing good. I know he's been on a role but I'd temper my expectations. Tennessee has been doing better as of late in defense so not that great of a matchup like everyone is saying. I had him starting but think I'd rather role the dice jordy Nelson this week. We'll see what happens though this weekend to see if he was a must start. I'd be on the stupid list for sitting in lol. 

51 minutes ago, Saints-bcooking said:

Goodwin is going to be locked up with Tennessee number one corner who has been doing good. I know he's been on a role but I'd temper my expectations. Tennessee has been doing better as of late in defense so not that great of a matchup like everyone is saying.

You're right.  The Titans have suddenly discovered a pass rush, which matters because SF has a bad OL.  They had 8 sacks vs IND, 4 vs HOU, 8 vs ARI. 

I'm starting Goodwin, but this isn't the cupcake matchup that we thought it was one month ago.

Many of us are already aware of Goodwin losing his newborn son right before the Giants game this season. And next, the loss of his father this week. He has had more to overcome in recent weeks than many. That alone makes it easy to root for him. And today, I came across this video from preseason...Goodwin really seems like a good guy (the portion of the video with him begins at about 25 seconds).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL6uTBnBfns

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Corleone said:

Many of us are already aware of Goodwin losing his newborn son right before the Giants game this season. And next, the loss of his father this week. He has had more to overcome in recent weeks than many. That alone makes it easy to root for him. And today, I came across this video from preseason...Goodwin really seems like a good guy (the portion of the video with him begins at about 25 seconds).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL6uTBnBfns

Thanks for posting that. Great stuff. Really hoping he blows up this week. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, chouffe said:

Thanks for posting that. Great stuff. Really hoping he blows up this week. 

I thought it was a story well worth sharing once I saw it :)  And I'm with you in rooting for him (even regardless of fantasy)!

Edited by Corleone

19 hours ago, Nap Time said:

You're right.  The Titans have suddenly discovered a pass rush, which matters because SF has a bad OL.  They had 8 sacks vs IND, 4 vs HOU, 8 vs ARI. 

I'm starting Goodwin, but this isn't the cupcake matchup that we thought it was one month ago.

They didn't discover their pass rush, they discovered three teams with terrible Olines.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Saints-bcooking said:

Goodwin is going to be locked up with Tennessee number one corner who has been doing good. I know he's been on a role but I'd temper my expectations. Tennessee has been doing better as of late in defense so not that great of a matchup like everyone is saying. I had him starting but think I'd rather role the dice jordy Nelson this week. We'll see what happens though this weekend to see if he was a must start. I'd be on the stupid list for sitting in lol. 

Lets not get carried away here, its not like hes facing Ramsey, Bouye, Rhodes, Peterson... etc

I just did some research and they team has been letting the opposing number one receiver put up big points pretty much every week except these last three weeks that they have been playing against 2nd and 3rd sting qb's. Assuming Garoppolo is better than Savage, Gabbert, and Brissett he should be okay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sometimes when you have a feeling abt a player you just have to trust it.  Def have a feeling abt Goodwin tomorrow.  

GL to all of us running him out there.  Hope he comes up big.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Sometimes when you have a feeling abt a player you just have to trust it.  Def have a feeling abt Goodwin tomorrow.  

GL to all of us running him out there.  Hope he comes up big.

Going with goodwin over marquise lee-tate-diggs.  

So far I was right on not playing tate and need to be right about playe goodwin but Diggs keeps saying 'put me in coach'  :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Halberdier said:

They didn't discover their pass rush, they discovered three teams with terrible Olines.

Four teams if you include this week's game against the 49rs.

You beautiful man. You helped drag my nearly dead championship hopes to a win. 

That TD would have been amazing, but he'll get his. 

Best playoff waiver pickup I have made this season. wk 13 grab paying dividends.

Goodwin is the replacement value wr in that offense for those of us who drafted Pierrre Garcon :D

Jimmy G and Garcon would have been a scary combination.

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

im seriously thinking about starting him as well! he has looked great and im not afraid of Ramsey...........:unsure:

If I'm able to survive this week (not likely by the time MNF is through), I'll be rolling with Goodwin and hoping he can pick up some of the slack for the fallen AB.

Well, I guess no matter what I still have at least the 3rd place game to play in, so I'll be going with Goodwin no matter what. 

My opponent's been starting him for weeks. Guy looks good. Wonder if he'll fly a little under the radar next season?