jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

3 hours ago, drisser said:

What's everyone think about these streaming options for week 1?

Rams vs Colts (no Andrew Luck)

Bills vs Jets (lol Jets)

Jets destroyed the Bills last year...probably the only team they scored against. I started the bills week 2 and the Jets ran up 37 points against them

How good is the Ravens Defense?

i own NYG but don't like their opening matchup at Dallas and then Detroit in week two 

Ravens play @ Cincinnati week one and then The Browns on week two 

Thoughts on Blair Walsh as a late round pick? Seattle kickers tend to do well as Seattle has a good defense and the offense always seems to get the ball within scoring range. Plus you don't have to take him early. Usually there in the last round. 

1 hour ago, burninglegs said:

Thoughts on Blair Walsh as a late round pick? Seattle kickers tend to do well as Seattle has a good defense and the offense always seems to get the ball within scoring range. Plus you don't have to take him early. Usually there in the last round. 

I like him this year, drafted in my main team with the last pick. My league has bonus for +50 kicks, and he has a strong leg

17 hours ago, CORTEz said:

In 12-14 team leagues, at what ADP should DEF/Kickers start going?

I've seen them start going in the 90's which seems atrocious to me, but wanted to hear opinions.

The second to last and last round.

1 hour ago, burninglegs said:

Grabbed him in the last round of my sole draft so far.

15 hours ago, drisser said:

Bills vs Jets (lol Jets)

Bills for me.

3 hours ago, jcedwards said:

Falcons @ Bears

or

Ravens @ Bengals

I'm thinking about streaming Ravens week one, mainly so I can have them for Cleveland and Jacksonville the next two weeks after that 

21 hours ago, drisser said:

Bills vs Jets (lol Jets)

I'm going bills in week 1

• Like 1

On 8/29/2017 at 5:41 AM, drisser said:

Bills vs Jets (lol Jets)

Def rolling bills where i can get them

Hadnt considered no luck,  im also considering cincy if no flacco

• Like 1

On 8/17/2017 at 1:28 PM, mulhollandvelvet said:

The Chargers are a decent option with Denver, MIA, KC, and Phi to start. I think they have talent all over the field and will rack up sacks and turnovers. Could be a sleeper for number 1 overall defense if the schedule holds up. NYG, Oak, Den, NE is a tough four game stretch though. 

One of my favorite D's to start the year. Bosa is going to be a sack machine. 

11 hours ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

One of my favorite D's to start the year. Bosa is going to be a sack machine. 

Do you like them over the Jags this year? I'm a fan of both D's but have been leaning towards Jags myself..

On 8/23/2017 at 2:42 PM, jtbgator said:

Anyone else feeling PITT D as a solid start to the season?

1-@CLE

2-MIN

3-@CHI

4-@BAL

5-JAX

6-@KC

7-CIN

8-@DET

9-BYE

Bumpy for PIT. Don't sleep on the Steelers this year boys. +1 with Joe Haden yesterday.

The Steelers DST finished 15th in overall scoring a year ago and are currently the 10th defensive unit off the board in ongoing drafts. That overall rank a year ago doesn’t tell the complete story, however as Pittsburgh made a fundamental shift defensively after their Week 8 bye. After that span, they blitzed 43 percent of the time, the third highest rate in the league. Over their final nine games, Pittsburgh was the DST5 in fantasy leagues while having the second most sacks--3.4 per game with multiple sacks in eight games-- and forcing at least one turnover in every one of those games. The Steelers return all their defensive starters with the exceptions of Lawrence Timmons (their lowest graded player in 2016 per Pro Football Focus) and Jarvis Jones while adding first round selection T.J. Wattand having Bud Dupree (who missed nine games last year) ready to start the season. On top of that, Pittsburgh kicks off the year with Cleveland, Minnesota, Chicago, Baltimore and Jacksonville over their opening five games and face just six quarterbacks who finished inside of the top-15 in fantasy points per game all of 2017. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 0:02 AM, daethfromabove1979 said:

I'm thinking about streaming Ravens week one, mainly so I can have them for Cleveland and Jacksonville the next two weeks after that 

We have deep rosters so I have room to hold both of them.  I'm thinking of the Falcons for week 1 though since they play the Bears.

Grabbed the Vikings as my D/ST in the 15th, but didn't check their schedule to start the season... vs. New Orleans week 1 and @ Pittsburgh week 2.
Would anyone feel comfortable starting them or should I look at other options (don't really want to drop them as the schedule lightens up quite a bit, but grabbing another Defense this early seems like wasted space...)

11 hours ago, DekuTree said:

Grabbed the Vikings as my D/ST in the 15th, but didn't check their schedule to start the season... vs. New Orleans week 1 and @ Pittsburgh week 2.
Would anyone feel comfortable starting them or should I look at other options (don't really want to drop them as the schedule lightens up quite a bit, but grabbing another Defense this early seems like wasted space...)

All depends on your scoring. I mean if you are getting 5+ points for holding teams to 14 or so then yeah, lose them but in leagues like I am in in which PA/YA are VERY low, like 6 points or 150 yards then I role with Minny to get a few picks and some sacks.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2017 at 8:28 PM, mulhollandvelvet said:

The Chargers are a decent option with Denver, MIA, KC, and Phi to start. I think they have talent all over the field and will rack up sacks and turnovers. Could be a sleeper for number 1 overall defense if the schedule holds up. NYG, Oak, Den, NE is a tough four game stretch though. 

Just spent 5 minutes looking for "San Diego" defense and couldn't find it and thought it was rostered on a team, nope, then i was like what the????

Took me a few minutes to realize oh.... how Los Angeles. lul.

Anyway, Bills vs Jets seems like an easy week 1 option but could be a trap.

Prefer Jax DFST against the Texans or Bills DFST vs Jets?  Just for week one?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, bosny said:

Prefer Jax DFST against the Texans or Bills DFST vs Jets?  Just for week one?

Thanks!

I'd play any d versus jets this season.