jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

14 hours ago, UcanTry said:

I'd play any d versus jets this season. 

Already eyeing OAK def vs jets week 2 lol. Keep it rolling.

On 9/1/2017 at 4:25 PM, DekuTree said:

Grabbed the Vikings as my D/ST in the 15th, but didn't check their schedule to start the season... vs. New Orleans week 1 and @ Pittsburgh week 2.
Would anyone feel comfortable starting them or should I look at other options (don't really want to drop them as the schedule lightens up quite a bit, but grabbing another Defense this early seems like wasted space...)

I'm in the exact same boat. I drafted the Vikings late w/out looking at their schedule.

Was looking at the available DST in my 10 teamer, and grabbed the Bills for their week 1 matchup against the Jets. Everybody is saying that the Jets offensive roster is one of the worst NFL squads in years. Chargers and Steelers were also available to pickup and after reading this thread I've started to doubt my selection.

I like Jags and Steelers this year. Those are my targets while every else targets the usual suspects.

Think Giants are being underrated. 

5 hours ago, the207life said:

Currently have Rams D. Jax and Pitt are still available. Should I stay put, grab one of those two, or stream all year?

Grab Pitts for sure. Very useful.

Thoughts on Carolina D vs SF?  SF possibly may surprise on offense this year.  But it's Carolina D, lots of sacks and turnovers historically.

Scott Tolzien starting as expected.  Does this make the Rams streamable as well?

Just realizing half the teams in my league didn't draft a kicker.  Guess they are all of the same "pick up another guy just in case of injury until the beginning of the season" strategy.

Edited to add:  Poor Younghoe.  What an unfortunate name.  I guess since he doesn't understand a lick of English that he won't realize why everyone is snickering.  Seems like lots of new kickers in the league.  Going to go with the kicker in an offense that had lots of FG attempts.  I assume any of these new rookies can kick the ball better than the veterans they replaced, so it really is tied to the offense and not the name.

Edited by CooL

7 hours ago, The Answer said:

Any fans of Arizona def this year? Feel like I haven't heard much about them

Drafted them. It's been a hard hold considering a lot of good streaming options out there but I'm going to hang on cause Arizona has a decent schedule.

Edited by DezBryant88

On 9/3/2017 at 10:59 AM, cjh1991 said:

Walsh, Forbath, or Crosby for kicker this year?

Walsh is gonna be a monster for SEA. 140+ pts

4 hours ago, DezBryant88 said:

Drafted them. It's been a hard hold considering a lot of good streaming options out there but I'm going to hang on cause Arizona has a decent schedule.

Dame situation with me.  I really want to grab Pittsburgh 

Anything to see here in terms of his week 1 matchup?

The Raiders have asked K Sebastian Janikowski to rework his contract, but Janikowski has declined.

Janikowski is set to earn a base salary of $4.05 million in the final year of his deal, and it becomes guaranteed on Saturday if he's still on the roster. It explains why the Raiders hosted free agent Ks Josh Lambo, Mike Nugent, and Marshall Koehn on Monday. Janikowski is by far the longest-tenured Raiders player and turned 39 this year. He's been in Oakland since 2000.

Every time we replace a Defense team,  we will loose money to pick up new one .
I see Pitts have a strong 7 weeks Defense better than Arizona .

Arizona 7 weeks schedule
1. At Detriot
2. At Indi
3. Home with Dallas
4. Home with 49ers
5.At Phila
6. Home TB
7. At Ram

----------------------

Steelers Pitts
1. At Cleveland
2. Home with Viking
3. At Chicago
4. At Raven
5. Home with Jax
6. At KC
7. Home Cincinnati

Will you keep Arizona or Pittsburgh Def ? Thanks

Trying to round out my dynasty league team. I had the Eagles defense at first carried over from last year but switched them out for Jax because of this thread and feel great about it.   Now for my kicker conundrum.  Help me out guys.   Have Gano on my roster from last year.  The following kickers are available.  Help me make a decision.  All input is greatly appreciated. 

Younghoe

Brandon McManus

Dustin Hopkins

Blair Walsh

Nick Folk

Aldrick Rosas

Kai Forbath 

There are others, but these guys stand out.  Please help me choose

2 hours ago, RUGOO said:

is donald still out for the rams?

Via Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald is still on the East Coast this morning, which means that they don’t have a deal and apparently he doesn’t feel close enough to one to rush to L.A. to be nearby in case it gets pushed through.

Donald has spent the offseason working out in Pittsburgh on his own.

The Rams have held out hope for a late deal, but probably have to accept that rookie Tanzel Smart will take the field Sunday instead.

20 hours ago, OneNastyNupe said:

Trying to round out my dynasty league team. I had the Eagles defense at first carried over from last year but switched them out for Jax because of this thread and feel great about it.   Now for my kicker conundrum.  Help me out guys.   Have Gano on my roster from last year.  The following kickers are available.  Help me make a decision.  All input is greatly appreciated. 

Younghoe

Brandon McManus

Dustin Hopkins

Blair Walsh

Nick Folk

Aldrick Rosas

Kai Forbath 

There are others, but these guys stand out.  Please help me choose

Man I really love Blair Walsh this season in Seattle. If you are a team in the hunt I'd choose him, if you have a team still a ways from competing yet I'd have some fun with Younghoe because it's kicker and Yolo.

• Like 1