jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

On 9/4/2017 at 5:30 PM, CraftyRighty said:

Walsh is gonna be a monster for SEA. 140+ pts

On 9/4/2017 at 9:10 PM, griffsports said:

what makes you think that?

The past few years, Hauschka has been one of the top kickers, arguably top 5 because Seattle generates a ton of scoring opportunities with their defense.

If you want to argue Walsh's accuracy, sure but hes got a great leg and had a pretty good preseason.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gryfter said:

The past few years, Hauschka has been one of the top kickers, arguably top 5 because Seattle generates a ton of scoring opportunities with their defense.

If you want to argue Walsh's accuracy, sure but hes got a great leg and had a pretty good preseason.

Agree on Walsh. SEA offensive consistency and great defense will result in plenty of scoring opportunities. SEA FG attempts last year among tops in the league. I see folks passing on Walsh and picking up Boswell. Meh...PIT always scores TDs in the red zone. Just like KC and Santos, I look for teams that can move the ball plenty and setup FG chances more than the high powered TD heavy teams...GB, PIT, etc. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jtbgator said:

Agree on Walsh. SEA offensive consistency and great defense will result in plenty of scoring opportunities. SEA FG attempts last year among tops in the league. I see folks passing on Walsh and picking up Boswell. Meh...PIT always scores TDs in the red zone. Just like KC and Santos, I look for teams that can move the ball plenty and setup FG chances more than the high powered TD heavy teams...GB, PIT, etc. 

I wouldn't touch Boswell either...Pitts loves going for the 2 point conversion.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, warpster said:

which are the D/STs you would just not drop at all and be happy to play all season?

None.  Start the season streaming, then hope to have a solid unit locked around playoff time.    

Chicago is less dangerous but they aren't going to try risky plays.

Cleveland has some nice offensive weapons but Kizer could be more prone to making mistakes.

Steelers

On 8/30/2017 at 11:25 PM, RafiBomb said:

WAS Dustin Hopkins vs PHI

or

PIT Chris Boswell @ CLE

I like Hopkins better this week and for the season:

- Hopkins is in a very good offense that moves the ball up and down the field, but one weakness of Cousins has been inefficiency in the red zone. Hopkins will get plenty of scoring opportunities. I don't like Boswell because the Steelers regularly attempt 2 point conversions, and are going to have insane redzone efficiency with LevBell, AB, and Martavis Bryant in the mix. 

• Like 1

FYI. Lutz missed 2 of 3 kicks in week 4 of preseason. Saints tried out 6 long snappers this off-season. Lost their starter to injury in week 3 of preseason. Traded with the eagles for a long-snapper. Then today...he was placed on IR due to a heart issue. Also today, they signed some new guy who will be the long snapper on Monday night. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tenner said:

FYI. Lutz missed 2 of 3 kicks in week 4 of preseason. Saints tried out 6 long snappers this off-season. Lost their starter to injury in week 3 of preseason. Traded with the eagles for a long-snapper. Then today...he was placed on IR due to a heart issue. Also today, they signed some new guy who will be the long snapper on Monday night. 

That's good intel, cheers. Starting to wonder now about Lutz and whether to replace to something that would appear more stable.

I have the Eagles D but am thinking of dropping them for either Arizona or Jacksonville.   Thoughts? 

5 minutes ago, Jason123 said:

I have the Eagles D but am thinking of dropping them for either Arizona or Jacksonville.   Thoughts? 

I drafted PHI D originally but dropped them for JAX. I think JAX D will surprise this year. Talent is there.

I just dropped the Eagles D and picked up both Jacksonville and the Cards... will rotate them based on the schedule. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jason123 said:

I just dropped the Eagles D and picked up both Jacksonville and the Cards... will rotate them based on the schedule. 

I am thinking of doing this. The schedules don't match up perfectly, though. Also, while Jax D is loaded with talent, I'm a little concerned about the O putting them in lots of short-field situations. 

3 minutes ago, Cheese Sandwich said:

I am thinking of doing this. The schedules don't match up perfectly, though. Also, while Jax D is loaded with talent, I'm a little concerned about the O putting them in lots of short-field situations. 

Yes, I know they don't match up perfectly.  That is the best I can come up with for the moment.

6 hours ago, herschel said:

Is janikowski starting this week?  What are people doing with him?

So he just got put on IR.  Anybody know anything about this practice squad guy?  This practice squad guy has been with the Raiders for several years.  Anybody know anything about him?  Does he have a big leg?  The Raiders were #7 in points scored last year, and I think this game might be a shootout.

1 hour ago, CooL said:

So he just got put on IR.  Anybody know anything about this practice squad guy?  This practice squad guy has been with the Raiders for several years.  Anybody know anything about him?  Does he have a big leg?  The Raiders were #7 in points scored last year, and I think this game might be a shootout.

Don't know what he's been doing since 2011 but here are his college stats.

I quickly moved on...

Anyone else like Steelers this week vs rookie QB? Their schedule is great first 5 weeks of season too. Thoughts? 

I personally trust them more than Bills vs Jets and Rams vs Colts this week. Both of those offenses suck could give other team shot at some points. 

12 hours ago, fantasymad said:

Anyone else like Steelers this week vs rookie QB? Their schedule is great first 5 weeks of season too. Thoughts? 

I personally trust them more than Bills vs Jets and Rams vs Colts this week. Both of those offenses suck could give other team shot at some points. 

Honestly like Bills & Rams more than the Steelers this week.  PIT is still top ten because Kizer being a rookie is prone to throwing a few picks and taking a few sacks, the Browns offense with that offensive line, running duo and a guy like Corey Coleman is still potentially dangerous to put up a few scores. 

I'd keep PIT around though.  You're correct as they have an incredibly easy schedule in the first part of the season.

So with DJ out for an extended timr the rest of the cards played like hot garbage today.  Good idea to stream opposing defenses i think