jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

56 minutes ago, Diddly Deez said:

Matt Bryant (back) is active for Week 6 against the Dolphins.

Bryant is an elite fantasy play in domed Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

Oct 15 - 11:37 AM

Never trust injured kickers. 

Edited by joshua18

On 10/11/2017 at 12:44 PM, Gryfter said:

Heres a crazy dart throw: New Orleans Saints...IF Stafford is indeed as banged up as they claim (supposed high ankle sprain and hamstring).

That unit played well the last 2 games, 13 points with 4 sacks @carolina, shut out Miami with another 4 sacks. 

Edited by Gryfter

^^^Yep, I think it's time to take the Saints seriously.  I think you could do worse than @ GB minus Rodgers and home vs Chicago for the next two weeks.  Who knows, the Saints might be on the verge of becoming a legit D that you could play even in less than ideal matchups.

I find that fans on team discussion boards tend to be some of the most cynical critics of a team when said team is struggling, or has struggled in recent times, so to see Saints fans thinking their D might've actually turned a corner is a positive in my eyes.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/defense-has-turned-corner-373906/

Keep in mind that the Saints D only gave up 24 points; the Lions returned a punt for a TD, and Brees threw a pick six to a freaking defensive tackle.  Also keep in mind that the Lions were down big early and had to air it out all game to keep up.  Supposedly the defense also came close to scoring another TD (they scored THREE TDs, the first time any team has done this since the Ravens six years ago) on a sack-fumble of Stafford but the defender got tripped up and the offense punched it in.

For further details of how the game went for the Saints defense:

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/10/saints_lions_defense_column.html

it's a + to have the dst of a team that is going to be scoring a bunch, often keeping the other team at a healthy disadvantage and forcing them to play catch up. i'm sold on the saints, compared to the other options that are commonly out there. i had just picked up bye-free redskins hopefully for ROS...that lasted A WEEK

giants is my other option, i drafted them in the next to last round based on their pass rush + pass D but their offense wasnt able to sustain any drives to start the season. maybe they've turned a corner.

3 hours ago, rocky7st said:

Is it worth getting the Saints DST when I have the Jags? 

I don't think so. The Jags have a juicy matchup @IND next week.

Would you drop the Falcons D for the Saints or Bears? The Falcons had the perfect match up against the Dolphins (who had been pathetic on offense the past couple weeks) and they crapped the bed. None of these options are for my starting defense though (as I have the Ravens). 

19 minutes ago, jcedwards said:

Would you drop the Falcons D for the Saints or Bears? The Falcons had the perfect match up against the Dolphins (who had been pathetic on offense the past couple weeks) and they crapped the bed. None of these options are for my starting defense though (as I have the Ravens). 

I'd drop them for the Saints. It's hard to ignore their performance yesterday, and next week they get a suddenly juicy matchup @GB vs. an inexperienced QB. I wouldn't trust the Falcons @NE.

31 minutes ago, FlyingElvis said:

Which of these Week 7 options is better?

Rams vs. Cardinals

Bills vs. Bucs

Panthers @ Bears

Saints @ Packers

i like saints of these

-cardinals o line looks much better

-bills actually not a terrible option coming off a bye

-panthers who havent been great with no keuchly on the road ill pass

-packers with a backup qb in his first start gimme the opposing D no matter who it is

Saints D put up double digit points 3 weeks in a row in my league.

I was also looking at NYG but with seattle coming to town and then the bye week i thought i could wait for the saints next 2 games, @ GB and vs. Chicago yo find out if they are the real deal or not.

CIN D could be on FA- great schedule rest of season

i want to pick them up before tonight’s game  but I have NO D ... so tempting !!

Came here to see some Saints D talk. Looking to pick up due to Jax week 8 bye and thinking at home against the bears looks pretty good. Might need to pick up a week early though at this rate. 

Does anyone watch them? Are they legit or have they somehow lucked their way into 3 double digit scoring weeks in a row? Any input is appreciated. 

Dan Bailey and Elliott on the wire. Currently have Butker. Thinking to pick one up...

I like that Bailey is off a BYE and won’t have to worry ROS. But I also like how Elliott can kick from anywhere and in game winning situation. Plus Eagles sched looks great for kickers. 

Thoughts?

Also currently have Denver D. Was thinking stay and forget ROS no matter the matchup. But after last nights performance. Feeling a little skeptical. Their sched is awful from wk 7-10. Thinking to stream Saints or Bengals. 

Thoughts?

Worth picking up Titans DST before tonight's game?  They play Cleveland next week (currently def is Baltimore who play Vikings next week...still keenum)

Just picked up Bengals D for free. How does everyone feel about them ROS? Next game its Pitts followed by Indy.

Edited by kingdavid206

9 hours ago, Vendetta said:

I'd drop them for the Saints. It's hard to ignore their performance yesterday, and next week they get a suddenly juicy matchup @GB vs. an inexperienced QB.

Yep, I'm looking at the same. 

Waiver Defenses I like this week...

Minny vs BAL (although MIN has been one of the worst fantasy defenses this year)

NO @ GB (seems like a no-brainer)

BUF vs TB (regardless of Winston starting, BUF def has been solid all year)

sleeper

NYG vs SEA (Sea going east with a porous oline)

Edited by yanksman

21 hours ago, FlyingElvis said:

Which of these Week 7 options is better?

Rams vs. Cardinals

Bills vs. Bucs

Panthers @ Bears

Saints @ Packers

I like the Bills and the Saints.

Bills coming off the BYE vs a banged up Winston or possibly the bills-ex qb in Fitzpatrick who isn't afraid to throw to his old team.  

Saints are destroying for fantasy purposes.  7 picks in 6 games ain't too shabby.  

Texans have bye week coming up and I don't wanna drop anyone from the bench. Would you drop Huston dst for any of the following?

Panthers

Eagles

Rams 

Bengals

Bills 

Trying to decide between picking up either the Saints or Steelers off waivers this week. I have Green & Mixon starting so I would be hedging a bit with the Steelers but leaning towards the Saints at the moment. Also somewhat considering the Bills. Any input?