Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

3 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

is redskins D showing 4 points allowed for anyone else on espn?

The def only allowed 4 pts, a FG and a PAT, the pick 6 doesnt count against the defense that wasnt on the field

6 hours ago, Tenner said:

I've been riding Lutz all year with success. Rams are ranked #1 against opposing kickers tho. Looking at the stats, opposing kickers have only converted on 12/21 field goal attempts. 

Are the rams just lucky? 12/21 is far far below average. 

Butker is available and may go after them. 

the ranking has to do with keeping the offense out of field goal range and limiting the number of opportunities/FF pts; this could misleading if a team I allowing TDs instead of FGs but I don't think that is the case with the Rams.

Thoughts on the jags D if Ramsey does miss?  Would Aaron Colvin (the normal slot corner) move to one of the outside corners leaving a worse corner on Larry Fitzgerald? Or would the 4th string corner take over one of the outside corner spots. Not sure what teams typically do in this situation.

3 hours ago, molonLabe80 said:

The def only allowed 4 pts, a FG and a PAT, the pick 6 doesnt count against the defense that wasnt on the field

oh I thought pick sixes count against the defense on ESPN standard scoring

1 hour ago, vthokie3 said:

oh I thought pick sixes count against the defense on ESPN standard scoring

I dont play espn but thats how yahoo does it

I have been playing Steelers D/ST.  Playoff schedule Week 15 & 16: Steelers vs NE, @HOU.

Pick up the Rams or Panthers as another potential option?

Week 15 &16: Rams @SEA, @TEN OR Panthers vs GB, @TB?

So anyone want to bet how many points the jags defense scores this week?  They will tear gabbert a new one im guessing 24pts IMO

2 hours ago, Gideon said:

Who to play this week...

Patriots vs Mia

Rams vs NO

im leaning Pats...

Pats all the way. 

Baltimore vs Houston or Pittsburgh vs Green Bay? 

On the one hand, Baltimore just completely dominated Green Bay, so I'd expect similar results from Pittsburgh. On the other hand, Pittsburgh only scored 6 on freaking INDY the week before last, so I'm not sure this is as solid as it sounds. 

I'm leaning Baltimore. 

2 hours ago, Diddly Deez said:

Thoughts on Chargers or Lions ROS?

Bolts

2 hours ago, ManDarino said:

Baltimore vs Houston or Pittsburgh vs Green Bay? 

On the one hand, Baltimore just completely dominated Green Bay, so I'd expect similar results from Pittsburgh. On the other hand, Pittsburgh only scored 6 on freaking INDY the week before last, so I'm not sure this is as solid as it sounds. 

I'm leaning Baltimore. 

Baltimore, savage will prob throw a pick six

On 11/25/2017 at 5:09 AM, molonLabe80 said:

So anyone want to bet how many points the jags defense scores this week?  They will tear gabbert a new one im guessing 24pts IMO

?

Using my 4 waiver pick on Chargers .. other decent playoff Ds are Detroit/CIN/CHI

time to to load up in Ds for the playoffs 

7, 9, 6

the total points the Cowboys put up in each of their last 3 games. Thursday night game. Norman always keeps Dez in check. Redskins D for week 13 streaming sounds good to me. 

Looking ahead at playoff matchups, I think the Broncos D is a sneaky good pickup as many teams have dropped them on their abysmal run. Wk 14 get the NY Jets @ home Wk 15 @Colts. At this time of year its good to hold a couple D to play the best matchup and jettison that lottery stash.

8 hours ago, Wallscrapers said:

Looking ahead at playoff matchups, I think the Broncos D is a sneaky good pickup as many teams have dropped them on their abysmal run. Wk 14 get the NY Jets @ home Wk 15 @Colts. At this time of year its good to hold a couple D to play the best matchup and jettison that lottery stash.

was thinking about starting them week 13 at Miami, or Washington at dallas, bears home vs 49ers

not sure which.

Currently have Detroit but Chargers and Ravens are on WW. Who's everyone got ROS? Looks like a tossup between Ravens and Chargers to me. Thoughts?

Weeks 13-16 (14-16 playoffs)

Detroit: Ravens, Bucs, Bears, Bengals

Chargers: Browns, Redskins, Chiefs, Jets

Ravens: Lions, Steelers, Browns, Colts

Have Titans stashed right now for potential plug in weeks 14 & 15 @AZ & @SF. What are your guys’ thoughts?