Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

9 hours ago, CooL said:

Green Bay looking like an option?  Against TB this week who just sent two offensive lineman to IR and a coming-back-from-injury Crab Legs Winston who wasn't looking all that great before going down.  And then week 14, first week of playoffs against Cleveland.  Why isn't there more hype?

I'm going after them (if I can't get the chargers). I think the Packers will embarrass the bucs this Sunday. 

Why are posts being deleted in here? 

Did we suggest a D the Mods don't want known until they pick them up first?  :unsure:

I think the titans and skins are both fools gold. Both extremely inconsistent with their big games being the outliers. 

Yes es this week against Houston tenn is a good play but after that on the road at Arizona and Sf I think will be tougher then people think. Gabbert has surprisingly looked good so maybe the cards aren't the pushover easy play against right now. And with the niners who knows if jimmy g takes the league by storm.

Those two teams along with Cleveland and the return of Gordon could really hurt a lot of people banking on them being easy Matchup plays.

I think the bills might be an under the radar pick up that is available in most leagues. If you can afford to stash on the bench this week they get Indy and Miami  14-15. 

Rams(@Ari) or Ravens(vs Det) this week ?? I'm leaning to Rams 

1 minute ago, kick_it_like-OBJ said:

Ravens vs Detroit

Oakland vs Giants

Houston at Tennessee 

Denver at Miami

which one should I play?

Need every point for the playoff run.

I think Baltimore. Stafford is banged up and the ravens have easily been the best D of that bunch. 

With the Giants benching Eli the rest of the season and going with Smith/Webb, what does everyone think about PHI & ARI defenses for playoff weeks 15 & 16? PHI may not be available in most leagues but I scooped them up in mine once I heard of the Eli benching since I have clinched playoff birth. 

6 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Why are posts being deleted in here? 

Did we suggest a D the Mods don't want known until they pick them up first?  :unsure:

They have been extremely sensitive everywhere it seems like. Depending on which mod and time of day, sometimes they let whining in part of the site go, and sometimes they delete everything. Crazy.

That being said, gotta roll chargers. Feel confident i have a streamer every week holding onto chargers, panthers and rams. 

Chicago D vs san fran

chiefs D at jets,

Denver def at Miami this week

2 hours ago, floppy said:

Chicago D vs san fran

chiefs D at jets,

Denver def at Miami this week

I would go with Denver...But due to game script i was wrong on just about every player in last nights game so be wise lol. I feel even without Talib and cutler starting, that should be good for a turnover or two. Jets offense aint bad and Chicago would be ok but some injuries on the D side and Jimy G starting is kinda in the unknown.

On 11/30/2017 at 3:52 AM, Sp0ke said:

Rams(@Ari) or Ravens(vs Det) this week ?? I'm leaning to Rams 

tough call, kind of like BAL at home actually.

Which defense gives up the least yards and least points this week??

MINNY @ ATL

or

CINCY home vs. PIT

What do you guys think?

KC, GB or NO this week?

KC @ jets, GB home vs Bucs, NO home vs CAR

I'm leaning packers... what do you think?

Hey fellas, getting an ulcer trying to decide

Out league DOES NOT count PA or YA unless it is 7 or under or under 200 yards so basically all INT, SACK, FUMBLE and TD's

Ravens D vs Lions

Rams D vz Arizona

3 hours ago, CharlesHustle said:

Hey fellas, getting an ulcer trying to decide

Out league DOES NOT count PA or YA unless it is 7 or under or under 200 yards so basically all INT, SACK, FUMBLE and TD's

Ravens D vs Lions

Rams D vz Arizona

I am in the same boat dude!

My thinking is that the Lions really have not been giving much away lately and when you study, the Ravens are bid vs trash and just ok vs decent teams.

So Ravens might be something like 20 PA, 3 sacks and 1 INT, that is pedestrian

Rams on the other hand, well let me just say this, the Rams playing Zona is gonna be huge! Zona is due for a garbage game and the QB is gonna crash to earth sooner rather than later

I go Rams for a safe top 8 floor and MAJOR #1 upside this week with multiple TO's

7 hours ago, whodat said:

Anyone rolling with PATs Sunday?

I am...I can't believe ESPN only has them projected for 10.2pts

6 hours ago, BrokeLoser said:

for all of his shortcomings, one thing Tyrod does very well is limit turnovers ... part of the frustration with him is that he doesn't take many chances for big plays, opting instead for the more intermediate game for the most part.  he's careful with the pigskin.

now, sacks could be there, as they have been suspect of late, but don't expect them to ring up turnovers w/ Taylor like they did Matt Moore - still a very good play, but the ceiling is capped a bit this week, imo.

6 hours ago, BrokeLoser said:

Huh??? I got 5pts projected from espn

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

for all of his shortcomings, one thing Tyrod does very well is limit turnovers ... part of the frustration with him is that he doesn't take many chances for big plays, opting instead for the more intermediate game for the most part.  he's careful with the pigskin.

now, sacks could be there, as they have been suspect of late, but don't expect them to ring up turnovers w/ Taylor like they did Matt Moore - still a very good play, but the ceiling is capped a bit this week, imo.

Very true...Tyrod does play carefully.

KC, NO and ofcouse the Chargers D all put up great numbers against Buffalo in the last three weeks.

I'm hoping the Pats go up big quick and force Tyrod to get aggressive (stupid)

3 minutes ago, BrokeLoser said:

Very true...Tyrod does play carefully.

KC, NO and ofcouse the Chargers D all put up great numbers against Buffalo in the last three weeks.

I'm hoping the Pats go up big quick and force Tyrod to get aggressive (stupid)

chuck the Chargers outlier w/Peterman - in the other two when Tyrod was playing, there was but 2 turnovers: 1 int, 1 fumble (both in the Saints game), and only 4 sacks total (2 in both).

look, no one schemes and dominates weaker opponents quite like Hoodie and co., but this may not be the bonanza some are counting on.

GL to all starting them today.

Packers or Saints today?

Saints have Lattimore starting who they say is not 100%, Panthers no Olsen, Division game which i like for the home team

Packers hosting Winston fresh off his time off for his shoulder, DJax is playing, Packers offense looks competent enough to sustain some drives and maintain an edge in time of possession