Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

Bills v Colts (In the snow...Colts line in shambles, most sacks given up all year, Moncrief in a walking boot -- Hold up is if Tyrod doesn't start then there's a likelihood of a lot of short fields for the Colts...though their entire starting secondary this week are rookies)

or

Chargers v. Washington (I have Perine starting so my RB may eat into my Def points here)

Currently have Ravens D, scooped up Jets D for this week though. 

Not sure if I should start them or go with either:

Dallas

Minnesota

Arizona

Suggestions?

Planning ahead for week 15...Is it best to stick with Denver going on road on a short week Thursday at indy or go with a hot defense (s.d.) going into a potentially tough matchup?  Denver has really underperformed this year but it is a good matchup on paper.

Choices:

Denver @ indy (thurs.)

Chicago @ Detroit

San Diego @ KC

Washington vs Arizona

Tennessee @ SF

Thoughts on Bengals DST hosting Bears, Steelers DST hosting Ravens?

Of course injuries for both teams with Burfict and Shazier and others I'm sure

Thing is I have Cardinals DST ready to go then it turns out Pat Pete has a hammy. I absolute refuse to start them without Pat Pete. With him, I like them, at home, vs a shaky Titans team. They would be the best of some not-good options. But even if he plays he can't be 100%. 

Packers are out there on the wire but no thanks. I do not want any part of that defense.

2 minutes ago, BigMoneyNoWhammy said:

Also between Packers and Chargers D. Someone talk me into one of these defenses... 

i can talk you out of packers is taht the same thing

3 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

i can talk you out of packers is taht the same thing

Sure. I'm all ears. I just think playing CLE pretty much spots you 8 points at minimum with opportunity for more. 

2 hours ago, BigMoneyNoWhammy said:

Sure. I'm all ears. I just think playing CLE pretty much spots you 8 points at minimum with opportunity for more. 

packers pass d is exploitable, i keep going back on forth on this game, it's so hard to believe in cleveland and kizer. i had planned going into week 14 to go with packers dst and i'm bailing now. 

anyway i would much rather have the chargers d they are actually pretty good, and the redskins are capable of being terrible on the road, if i had the chargers on the wire i would scoop them up in a heartbeat. thats just like my opinion man

i should add given my very thin options for a dst this week i am probably going to go with packers if pat pete does not play for the cardinals, basically for the same reason you said, it being cleveland you are probably looking at a floor of around 8 with sacks and turnovers

Going back and forth between Philly (@rams) and the Jets (@ Broncos).

Can someone provide a bit of analysis/comparison between these two matchups.

It's not as simple as "oh they have an easy matchup so start them. Philly has an elite D despite the matchup... "Jets aren't as gapped but have a better matchup obviously.

Thoughts? Packers were an option but I think Cleveland is better than people give them credit for.

I've got the jags but I'm considering streaming the patriots vs Miami this week. What's everyone's thoughts on that move? Thought it my pay off as well as be a good block move. Also I'm a Graham owner so I thought it might be counter productive to play the D he's up against??...

20 minutes ago, scoobtothenoog said:

I've got the jags but I'm considering streaming the patriots vs Miami this week. What's everyone's thoughts on that move? Thought it my pay off as well as be a good block move. Also I'm a Graham owner so I thought it might be counter productive to play the D he's up against??...

I like the Pats over the Jags this week. 

Wilson is a man on a mission these days. The Pats are a safe bet to hold Miami to, lets say 17 or less. 

I think it's likely Seattle goes over 24 on Jax. 

Can you help me with mine right above your last comment?

4 hours ago, habslive said:

Going back and forth between Philly (@rams) and the Jets (@ Broncos).

Can someone provide a bit of analysis/comparison between these two matchups.

It's not as simple as "oh they have an easy matchup so start them. Philly has an elite D despite the matchup... "Jets aren't as gapped but have a better matchup obviously.

Thoughts? Packers were an option but I think Cleveland is better than people give them credit for.

I can tell you that Sean McVay is quite familiar with Philly and their defense, having gone 5-1 (5 straight) against them during his stint as the Skins offensive coordinator. Outside of his game against Washington this year, he's pretty much had his way against all of his old NFCE rivals. 

Philly def is FA, I currently have the PIT def and Lions DEF (for week 15 va bears since steelers vs NE)

shiudl i i pick up philly for their upcoming games??

5 hours ago, DonnieAvery17 said:

CIN D still startable vs. Bears with all of the injuries?

wondering the same.

1 hour ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Det d vs chi?

Stay away from the Lions, they'll probably make the Bears look decent.

what are peoples thoughts on Kai Forbath? 

He's been awful ever since I picked him up... but that offense seems primed for field goals

would you drop him for Murray, Coons, or Lambo? 

1 hour ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

what are peoples thoughts on Kai Forbath? 

He's been awful ever since I picked him up... but that offense seems primed for field goals

would you drop him for Murray, Coons, or Lambo? 

I'm wondering myself. i have Forbath and am tempted to drop him for Coons.

Going with Cowboys this week. Going deep with this one. Cowboys DST scored 25 last week in my league, limited WAS to 14 PA, 1 pick 6, 3 FF with 2 recovered and a mess of sacks.

Other options this week - Bengals, Steelers injured key players and mediocre recent performances. Cardinals - Pat Pete playing with a hamstring and have been unremarkable anyway. Packers - down 2 CB's and they were terrible against the pass before that.

Cowboys have a defense lineman questionable but that's it AFAIK, Sean Lee returning should put the Giants run game down. I like that this is a division game, I like that their D is hot, I like that they are playing for their playoff hopes with Zeke returning in a couple weeks therefore should be coached up and highly motivated unlike other DST options, I like that Marinelli has moments of brilliance, I like that Morris should be the MVP of the offense and eat the clock up. Most of all I like that the Giants are atrocious and have one real actual weapon in Engram and that's it. As stated I fully expect the run game to be obliterated, which mortally wounds the Giants offense from the get-go. I am benching Darkwa this week and I have 3 flex spots.

I would have gone Chargers if available since at home and their top tier pass D. And Redskins being abysmal last week.

Had the option of Chargers vs Packers and riding with LAC. I put a LOT of thought into it and the more and more I thought about it, it just seems like a trap game for Packers D. I think they'll get theirs #becauseCLE, but nothing outstanding. Plus, they're down the top 2 guys in an already atrocious secondary. LAC I think could really have a huge week. Half the WAS line is plucked off the streets and Kirk has been running for his life the last 2 weeks. LAC pass rush combined with elite cover corners has such a huge potential this week. I can't ignore it. Hope this insight helps someone in the same boat!

9 hours ago, DonnieAvery17 said:

CIN D still startable vs. Bears with all of the injuries?

4 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

wondering the same.

I picked up the Bengals D but I’m getting worried because of all the injuries to PacMan , Kirkpatrick and Burfict. 

I think I’m moving on to another option but there isn’t much out there

Well if you guys with Bengals D have Colts D on your wire, they may be one to take a hard look at. I've already talked myself into LAC, but with Nate "The Great" Peterman manning BUF offense, Indy might put up a bunch this week. 

12 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

I picked up the Bengals D but I’m getting worried because of all the injuries to PacMan , Kirkpatrick and Burfict. 

I think I’m moving on to another option but there isn’t much out there

I'm debating between Min. and Cin. In a league where only yards allowed and Points allowed matter. No ST TD or defensive TD.