Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

Anyone like Robbie Gould this week?  Jimmy G bringing some signs of life to the SF offense and Hou def is no bueno.  Considering dropping Elliot for him.

Man this jimmy G hype way out of control. How has he brought anything to the niners yet.  Bad team no great weapons long way to go and hype way surpassed anything that has been done yet. Stick with Elliot my god

3 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I'm debating between Min. and Cin. In a league where only yards allowed and Points allowed matter. No ST TD or defensive TD. 

They matter for me but I'm looking at the same two teams.  I guess Colts D is a play now with Peterman starting?

Sal Maiorana of the Democrat and Chronicle believes it would be "utterly shocking" if Nathan Peterman does not start Week 14 against the Colts.

Maiorana notes Peterman took "all the first-team reps" in practice this week while Tyrod Taylor is still dealing with a sore knee which has given him a noticeable limp. If he does in fact start, Peterman will have a golden matchup, but he cannot be trusted in fantasy lineups following his debacle against the Chargers. Peterman getting the nod would also be a downgrade for Kelvin Benjamin.
Dec 8 - 11:03 PM

1 hour ago, ocelot777 said:

Man this jimmy G hype way out of control. How has he brought anything to the niners yet.  Bad team no great weapons long way to go and hype way surpassed anything that has been done yet. Stick with Elliot my god

Eagles are not giving Elliot the opportunities.  Going for too many first downs and for two points after scores are frustrating.  

I'm switching to either Coons or Bailey this week.   

3 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I'm debating between Min. and Cin. In a league where only yards allowed and Points allowed matter. No ST TD or defensive TD. 

Minn is an option for me as well but BigMoney mentioned the Colts against Peterman. Is anyone going to roll with Indy in the playoffs?

god I Effin hate Kickers and Defenses

2 hours ago, ocelot777 said:

Gould has 5 more FG attempts, 6 more FG made and 9 more total points than Elliot, so what's the case for Elliot?  More extra points?

6 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Eagles are not giving Elliot the opportunities.  Going for too many first downs and for two points after scores are frustrating.  

im going with Coons too. If the rams take the lead, eagles are going on all 4th downs 

9 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

They matter for me but I'm looking at the same two teams.  I guess Colts D is a play now with Peterman starting?

Sal Maiorana of the Democrat and Chronicle believes it would be "utterly shocking" if Nathan Peterman does not start Week 14 against the Colts.

Maiorana notes Peterman took "all the first-team reps" in practice this week while Tyrod Taylor is still dealing with a sore knee which has given him a noticeable limp. If he does in fact start, Peterman will have a golden matchup, but he cannot be trusted in fantasy lineups following his debacle against the Chargers. Peterman getting the nod would also be a downgrade for Kelvin Benjamin.
Dec 8 - 11:03 PM

9 hours ago, Under500Forever said:

Minn is an option for me as well but BigMoney mentioned the Colts against Peterman. Is anyone going to roll with Indy in the playoffs?

god I Effin hate Kickers and Defenses

Colts a decent option with Peterman at helm. 

Minny on road on natural grass worries me. Not that they'll be bad just not AS good as at home or on fast track. Could be off base just seems they don't fair as well away on grass. 

Cincy is at home against Bears but banged up. 

Ugh

12 hours ago, herschel said:

Anyone like Robbie Gould this week?  Jimmy G bringing some signs of life to the SF offense and Hou def is no bueno.  Considering dropping Elliot for him.

I've got Gould in this week over Elliott.  They are playing in a dome this week, Texans have given up 5th most points to kickers and next week they play the Titans who've given up 1st most points to kickers.

2 minutes ago, rquinlan said:

Been rolling with Baltimore D. Should I look elsewhere?

Same here, but either going with Arizona or Colts D this week for me.

1 minute ago, chump0 said:

Same here, but either going with Arizona or Colts D this week for me.

I could pick up BUF, TENN, NYJ, SF, IND, or Arizona.

Able to pick up Bills, Bengals, Colts, Jets or Cowboys DSTs this week. Am I crazy thinking that the Cowboys DST is the best in that list? Any input would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, kiplays said:

Able to pick up Bills, Bengals, Colts, Jets or Cowboys DSTs this week. Am I crazy thinking that the Cowboys DST is the best in that list? Any input would be appreciated.

i was going to go dallas but ended up going bengals. i would go bills if i had the option. wind will be a huge factor at the ralph. 25 mph sustained winds forecasted.

what swayed me from dallas is their bad pass d. they might still be a nice play though.

14 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

I think you could be missing the boat on this. The Rams Phil’s game should be a hard fought game in good weather. Maybe not huge Oportunties for Tds but more stalled drives with fgs.

4 hours ago, Most Guruist said:

I've got Gould in this week over Elliott.  They are playing in a dome this week, Texans have given up 5th most points to kickers and next week they play the Titans who've given up 1st most points to kickers.

I’m shocked people willing to sit Elliott this week for guys like Gould regardless of stats on points given up to opponents kickers. If anything San Francisco will be chasing Houston the entire game opting to go for tds not fgs. Great kicking weather in La in a tough fought game which should lead to more fgs then tds but just a thought. Gl to all this week.

Thinking of adding Colts D (probably going against a Peterman led Buffalo squad this week) and they play Denver at home next week. Denver is atrocious against defenses this year & might also do an early add of Washington (who has Denver at home for Week 16) in the championship. Thoughts??? 

31 minutes ago, CT20 said:

Thinking of adding Colts D (probably going against a Peterman led Buffalo squad this week) and they play Denver at home next week. Denver is atrocious against defenses this year & might also do an early add of Washington (who has Denver at home for Week 16) in the championship. Thoughts??? 

I'm warming up to the colts. 

1 hour ago, ocelot777 said:

I think you could be missing the boat on this. The Rams Phil’s game should be a hard fought game in good weather. Maybe not huge Oportunties for Tds but more stalled drives with fgs.

Have you watched how many times Phil has elected to go for it on 4th downs lately?  I'd rather go the safer route with Coons or Bailey.  

I seem to remember Shady loves running in the snow. The Bills might not even need to pass the ball, so I think playing up the Peterman angle might be fools gold.

23 hours ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

what are peoples thoughts on Kai Forbath? 

He's been awful ever since I picked him up... but that offense seems primed for field goals

would you drop him for Murray, Coons, or Lambo? 

I got off that train. Dropped him for Dan Bailey.