jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

27 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Have you watched how many times Phil has elected to go for it on 4th downs lately?  I'd rather go the safer route with Coons or Bailey.  

Well yes I have but at some point in big games like this there going to kick fgs. Not always going to be 4th and 1 but other scenarios that will produce fgs. I don’t agree coons is a safer route. A guy who wouldn’t even be kicking if it was not for 3 kickers getting hurt or booted from chargers. Might be some bad weather in Giants game manana could effect some longer fg attempts for Bailey.

1 minute ago, ocelot777 said:

Well yes I have but at some point in big games like this there going to kick fgs. Not always going to be 4th and 1 but other scenarios that will produce fgs. I don’t agree coons is a safer route. A guy who wouldn’t even be kicking if it was not for 3 kickers getting hurt or booted from chargers. Might be some bad weather in Giants game manana could effect some longer fg attempts for Bailey.

Well Phil has been doing it quite a bit, going for it on 4th and making it, which has boosted their confidence to go for it even more on 4th downs.

Yeah I agree with you about Coons.  His appeal comes from being on a high powered O.  I like Bailey alot because the guy is absolutely money with his strong leg.  

I'll monitor the Giants game regarding the weather before I make the call to pick him up or not.  

4 hours ago, ocelot777 said:

I’m shocked people willing to sit Elliott this week for guys like Gould regardless of stats on points given up to opponents kickers. If anything San Francisco will be chasing Houston the entire game opting to go for tds not fgs. Great kicking weather in La in a tough fought game which should lead to more fgs then tds but just a thought. Gl to all this week.

Best of luck to you too.  For me it came down to Elliott only having 1 attempt in each of his last four games (one he was injured for) and the icing on the cake was the 4th down attempts last week.  In favor of Gould all his FG drives last week came from within SF's 25, and I think both the Texans and Titans have weaker pass defenses but both are decent in the redzone, and both are good against the run so maybe Hyde will struggle to get in as well.

2 hours ago, Most Guruist said:

Best of luck to you too.  For me it came down to Elliott only having 1 attempt in each of his last four games (one he was injured for) and the icing on the cake was the 4th down attempts last week.  In favor of Gould all his FG drives last week came from within SF's 25, and I think both the Texans and Titans have weaker pass defenses but both are decent in the redzone, and both are good against the run so maybe Hyde will struggle to get in as well.

It's a testament how much we believed in Elliott because we held on to him this long.  Dropping him has nothing to do with his ability, and everything to do with his usage which has dropped dramatically.  

Need playoff help on DST...options are:

Bills vs Colts

Colts at Bill's

Den vs Jets

Titans at Ariz

Thank you!

Keep in jags v sea or pickup dal v giants?

Also gould v hou or boswell v ravens?

Edited by molonLabe80

11 hours ago, Most Guruist said:

Jimmy G has given the spark to that offense, and hous gives up 4th most points to kickers. Im debating gould over boswell

Jags or Pats? Jags have been a set-and-forget unit all year but Seahawks have been clicking lately. Pats get Cutler who will provide turnover chances.

3 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Bengals or jets?

Bengals. Bears starting a couple of backup OL and the Bengals front 4 is a solid unit.

On 12/8/2017 at 7:30 PM, ocelot777 said:

Man this jimmy G hype way out of control. How has he brought anything to the niners yet.  Bad team no great weapons long way to go and hype way surpassed anything that has been done yet. Stick with Elliot my god

Uh he brought them a win last week? Man this jimmy G hate way out of control.

Eagles (@LAR)

Jets (@DEN)

GB (@CLE)

Cowboys (@NYG

Currently have Philly and NYJ rostered. Staring NYJ right now. 

Pick 1!!!

Edited by habslive

After seeing the conditions right now in buffalo both them and the colts looking juicy.

What does everyone think it will produce gamescript wise 

8 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

Week 15 Defense------------------> Saints 

McCowns done

Petty, Hackensh*t , doesnt matter

good point !

8 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Mccown not out ... maybe he will play

Even if he does I love the saints matchup. Mccown had some big games against some soft secondaries. On the road his only really good game was at Miami.

Saints at home with kamara back should control the clock and with the extra days after Thursday game should be healed up and angry. 

1 hour ago, chrismikayla said:

Who likes the Broncos D against the Colts week 15? Also, who likes Robbie Gould for the playoffs?

Like NO and Den