jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

5 hours ago, Pat Patriot said:

any week 15 rankings out yet for D or kickers?

Sporting news is usually the first site to post them, but if you search yahoo/nfl/espn, you usually can find something better by tomorrow.

http://www.sportingnews.com/fantasy/football/news/week-15-fantasy-football-rankings-defense-sleepers-dst-waiver-wire-pickups-matchups-projections-start-sit-streamers-injury/1ncv5m2l5jq8s1vc52rnv2zleh

10 hours ago, Tomy said:

Mccown not out ... maybe he will play

His season is done.......Once again............Saints all day long !!!:rolleyes:

18 hours ago, tonytexan said:

Those Monday Sporting News rankings are crap. Rotoworld does a defense column that is way more insightful

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/76500/337/getting-defensive-week-15?ls=roto:nfl:gnav

Right, but those arent rankings.....Which he asked for. All the rankings are crap because its just someones opinion based on how they feel the games will play out. Anyways, like i said those are just always the first. I rather trust rotoworld,fantasypros, fantasysp, espn, yahoo and about 10 more but you will have to wait til either today or tomorrow to see the better sites post rankings.

53 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

andybody dropping KC's kicker?

Why? He's been solid all year for the most part.

4 hours ago, Corey In Da House said:

I gotta say that it's been a pleasure owning the Jaguars D this season, it's been nice not having to worry about defense. TJ Yates is the next opponent too. 

Amen man.

In my 1PPR league, Jags D has scored 207 points so far this year. Trails only my Bell (302 points) and my Kamara (255 points).

In my standard league, Jags D has scored 166 points so far this year. Trails only my (RIP) Wentz (365 points) and my Kamara 192 points).

They will feast this week.

3 hours ago, jeffr913 said:

How do you guys think the Chargers will look against the Chiefs on Saturday night?

Wondering the same... They've been hot as of late.. But I may have to drop them this week with KC looking hot.

Minny is on my WW currently, so I'll jump ship to them.

Just now, Heizz said:

Wondering the same... They've been hot as of late.. But I may have to drop them this week with KC looking hot.

Minny is on my WW currently, so I'll jump ship to them.

I grabbed Denver

21 minutes ago, jeffr913 said:

I grabbed Denver

I've seen a number of people say they like Denver this week.  They are an option on waivers but on the road in INDY... hmm.  At home I would feel more comfortable.

Also what are peoples thoughts for the Bills at home vs MIA? I know MIA just put up 27pts on NE but they play a whole different game at home when MIA plays NE.  Miami has to travel on the road to BUF and there is always a *good* chance Cutler throws multiple INTs.  But I will admit the BUF run Defense has been suspect lately and Drake could run all over them.

A number of weeks ago when I stashed BUF defense it was specifically for this home match-up with Cutler. Now I'm not so sure.

Also what are peoples thoughts on DET at home vs CHI?  Chicago can't have another game like they did last week? Plus on the road vs DET?  DET DST had a good game last week vs TB and now they are at home vs CHI.  I think I like them this week.

2 hours ago, jtbgator said:

Why? He's been solid all year for the most part.

Shrugs...Chargers are top 3 in allowing the fewest FG attempt

Gould is out there and the Titans have allowed the most FG attempts

1 hour ago, Big Nate said:

Also what are peoples thoughts on DET at home vs CHI?  Chicago can't have another game like they did last week? Plus on the road vs DET?  DET DST had a good game last week vs TB and now they are at home vs CHI.  I think I like them this week.

I'm in the same boat as you. I own Denver/Buffalo and the Lions and can't decide who to start

Have Chargers DEF and Butker on my team...might bench Butker for Gould or Forbath.

Other options I have are Carolina vs GB (if Hundley starts) and ARZ vs. Washington.

Tough week.

24 minutes ago, erick2008e said:

I'm in the same boat as you. I own Denver/Buffalo and the Lions and can't decide who to start

Denver

54 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Denver

Ok, but can you go over some of your logic/thinking? Explain to us why DEN over say DET. 

Generally I like playing defenses when they are at home.  Home teams are "generally" favored and if they get a lead then that means the opposition has to pass more.  Leads to more chances for INTs and Sacks and turnovers.

I'm not saying DEN isn't a good choice but not sure why they are better than DET or BUF.  Buffalo's weather could be sketchy again and Cutler on the road could be tossing INTs around like presents on Christmas day.

This week is to go to the Championship in two of my leagues.  Guaranteed money for a win this week.  Really need to think this through.

Edited by Big Nate

3 hours ago, Big Nate said:

This is my exact thought. I have Bills against Dolphins too, but I'm riding with Detroit at home against Winston who likes to spread the ball around to everybody on the other team and the Lions will be playing for a playoff spot. DET DST looks like a solid play to me.

42 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Ok, but can you go over some of your logic/thinking? Explain to us why DEN over say DET. 

Generally I like playing defenses when they are at home.  Home teams are "generally" favored and if they get a lead then that means the opposition has to pass more.  Leads to more chances for INTs and Sacks and turnovers.

I'm not saying DEN isn't a good choice but not sure why they are better than DET or BUF.  Buffalo's weather could be sketchy again and Cutler on the road could be tossing INTs around like presents on Christmas day.

This week is to go to the Championship in two of my leagues.  Guaranteed money for a win this week.  Really need to think this through.

Sorry just a hunch....probably persuaded by all of the defensive rankings Ive seen for week 15.

Anyone have any thoughts on Saints (vs NYJ) or Denver (@IND)?

The Broncos D has scored 35 total FF points combined the past 2 weeks, but I think I'm actually leaning towards NO since they're at home and have a great matchup vs Bryce Petty. 

Edited by goodwidp

I own Denver and Rams..started Denver last week and pretty sure goin back to the well again. They get Peko back to help stuff run,, facing Indy on a short week hoping alot of those hammies tightened up in cold last week in Buffalo. Von Miller should be good for 5 sacks.