jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

3 hours ago, kiplays said:

oops, ATL is playing TB. either way, I do like DET DST against the offensively challenged Bears.

I dont like Detroit, theyve been sliding. Pesky Bears will play with nothing to lose and Trubiskys mobility will cause issues.

have Rams and Pats in a league where only points allowed, sacks, and turnovers count (no yards). debating between keeping or picking up someone like Minn or Atl. Vikes are a good real life D but don't get many sacks or turnovers

Edited by vthokie3

Struggling with defense...have chiefs and chargers but have cardinals, patriots, panthers, bears, cowboys, packers, colts available. I know it’s all sucky choices but it’s who’s gonna suck the least lol thanks! 

I haven’t seen them mentioned (possibly for good reason), but are people sleeping on the Washington D/ST this week? I realize they have been a mediocre-at-best defense this year, but an early home game against a traveling west coast offense with Gabbert at the helm? Plus that embarassment from last week to wash away? 

Or have they just given up on the season and the matchup doesn’t matter because they won’t even really be trying?

I know it’s week 15 only and I haven’t won yet, but looking at week 16, def to stash

Redskins vs Broncos

or

Bears vs Browns

On 12/12/2017 at 7:39 PM, Dead Money said:

jags d vs houston

or

baltimore  d vs cleveland

I'm thinking Baltimore

Its a close one.  In DFS I did Balt because they were a few hundred cheaper and fit the budget, in my redraft I'm doing Balt because I don't own the Jags D.  Yates did okay on his first few drives last week vs the 9ers but that's to say nothing about going up against the Jags.  I'm happy to play Balt this week but I do like the Jags a bit more.

How i rank em this week 

Tier 1 

Jags- no questions asked, you have them you start them this week. They are the cream of the crop in a juicy matchup. 

Tier 2 - safe floor, high upside options 

Saints - at home, extra days to rest up and get healthy, no mccown = money

Eagles- been excellent all year against a giants squad that has packed it in

Broncos- we all knew the talent was there, finally showing out as of late. Colts one of the more generous d/st opponents on a short week  

Vikings- the turnovers and tds haven't come for this defense but that is mitigated by them having such a safe floor. The Bengals are a dumpster fire .

Tier 3 - high upside some risk

Ravens - yes they are playing Cleveland but lost their best corner and Cleveland offense has been resurgent with Gordon back in the mix.

Redskins- matchup on paper is excellent , but with nothing to play for will they show up ?

Lions - have put up big numbers against crappy teams, bears have been one of the worst . But they have fallen off as of late 

Tier 4- some upside, some risk

Seattle/Rams - these two teams always seem to slug it out in 13-10 type affairs. But Wilson and the rams offense have both been lighting the world on fire this year, so could end up a shootout. 

Tier 4- upside, but too risky 

Atl- tb has had a terrible year and atl should steamroll them. But, it's a primetime game and dont discount the incentive for tb to play spoiler. I think this one could end up a shootout

Buffalo- we just saw on Monday night what can happen when good Miami shows up. Drake has been a revelation for them and buffalo has been terrible against the run.

Bears- could cause 4+ turnovers and bring back two of them for tds, or have Stafford go off for 4 tds and neither outcome would surprise 

Tennesee - have been playing well of late but so have the niners. 

Cardinals - Washington may have packed it in but cousins is always capable of putting up a monster game . 

5 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

How i rank em this week 

Tier 1 

Jags- no questions asked, you have them you start them this week. They are the cream of the crop in a juicy matchup. 

Tier 2 - safe floor, high upside options 

Saints - at home, extra days to rest up and get healthy, no mccown = money

Eagles- been excellent all year against a giants squad that has packed it in

Broncos- we all knew the talent was there, finally showing out as of late. Colts one of the more generous d/st opponents on a short week  

Vikings- the turnovers and tds haven't come for this defense but that is mitigated by them having such a safe floor. The Bengals are a dumpster fire .

Tier 3 - high upside some risk

Ravens - yes they are playing Cleveland but lost their best corner and Cleveland offense has been resurgent with Gordon back in the mix.

Redskins- matchup on paper is excellent , but with nothing to play for will they show up ?

Lions - have put up big numbers against crappy teams, bears have been one of the worst . But they have fallen off as of late 

Tier 4- some upside, some risk

Seattle/Rams - these two teams always seem to slug it out in 13-10 type affairs. But Wilson and the rams offense have both been lighting the world on fire this year, so could end up a shootout. 

Tier 4- upside, but too risky 

Atl- tb has had a terrible year and atl should steamroll them. But, it's a primetime game and dont discount the incentive for tb to play spoiler. I think this one could end up a shootout

Buffalo- we just saw on Monday night what can happen when good Miami shows up. Drake has been a revelation for them and buffalo has been terrible against the run.

Bears- could cause 4+ turnovers and bring back two of them for tds, or have Stafford go off for 4 tds and neither outcome would surprise 

Tennesee - have been playing well of late but so have the niners. 

Cardinals - Washington may have packed it in but cousins is always capable of putting up a monster game . 

VERY VERY GOOD summary!

Rams, Falcons, Vikes,  or Cards are my options. Only Points allowed, sacks, turnovers, TDs count in this league. Yardage isn't factored in.

Also Bailey (mine), Eliot (recently dropped by someone else), or Lambo?

Edited by vthokie3