jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

20 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Pulling what little hair I have left out trying to decide on Chargers vs KC or Skins vs Zona. Any insight?

I have almost zero confidence in it, but I'm playing Washington this week... Arizona cross-country for an early game, and they've been siphoning D/ST points. Hate relying on such a mediocre-to-bad defense and struggling team in general... I feel like they have a high ceiling but a super low floor as well, especially considering they've been giving up the most points-per-game in the league for the past couple of weeks. 

Looking ahead to week 16....

I need to pick up a Defense for championship week if I make it. Who is your choice out of this group? I already picked up Chicago thinking that they are the best option but wanted to get other opinions while I still have time to change it. Is Chicago the one?

Chicago vs. CLE

Arizona vs. NYG

Washington vs. DEN

Pittsburgh @ HOU

2 hours ago, DekuTree said:

I have almost zero confidence in it, but I'm playing Washington this week... Arizona cross-country for an early game, and they've been siphoning D/ST points. Hate relying on such a mediocre-to-bad defense and struggling team in general... I feel like they have a high ceiling but a super low floor as well, especially considering they've been giving up the most points-per-game in the league for the past couple of weeks. 

also have that dilemma.. have LAC ans WAS but I'm starting Kelce and Tyreek Hill.. 

I could pick up Bills D at home vs MIA? what are your thoughts there..

Two good defenses to choose from, Eagles (@nyg) or Saints (jets). I have rolled the dice with the saints twice before in good matchups and got burned....

Bonus Kicker question: does the weather impact Greg the leg Zuerlein in Seattle?

Edited by jod8

Anyone confident playing the Lions (vs CHI) over Seattle (vs LAR)?

Seattle at home is still no joke and they did hold the Rams to 10 points this year in LA, albeit with a more complete D group

1 hour ago, bosny said:

Any good week 16 streamers for DST?

If available ... AZ has a good matchup vs the Giants. 3rd stringer Davis Webb may get some PT. 

29 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

vikes or rams this week? league has an emphasis on sacks and turnovers

Vikings. Huge home favorites facing a terrible OL whose coach has already quit on his team. 

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Vikings. Huge home favorites facing a terrible OL whose coach has already quit on his team. 

does seem a great matchup. just concerned as the Vikings have only gotten double digits once in my league (week Rodgers got hurt). 

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

should've listened to you amigo!

I've been rolling the Eagles D most of the year and thought their playoff schedule would be great in the semis/finals can Giants and Raiders. Not so sure now for week 16

Phi vs Oak

Det @ Cin

Car vs TB

Chi vs Cle

Which unit for week 16? 

all my defenses look like they have favorable match-ups.

Baltimore Vs Ind

LA Chargers @ NYJ

Chicago Vs Cle

Edited by Jon21

1 hour ago, Baur10 said:

I've been rolling the Eagles D most of the year and thought their playoff schedule would be great in the semis/finals can Giants and Raiders. Not so sure now for week 16

Phi vs Oak

Det @ Cin

Car vs TB

Chi vs Cle

Serously, what the **** was that today?  Slim pickings on waiver wire at this point.  Thinking Az at home vs Giants.  Eli can’t kill it two weeks in a row....can he?

4 hours ago, Jon21 said:

Which unit for week 16? 

Baltimore Vs Ind

LA Chargers @ NYJ

Chicago Vs Cle

Ufff.  I'd nuke Chicago from the list.  Brissett gives out sacks like Oprah gives out cars... he's decent about not turning it over but he throws picks and gives up fumbles on sacks from time to time.  Chargers are a great option too, though.

5 hours ago, Baur10 said:

Phi vs Oak

Det @ Cin

Car vs TB

Chi vs Cle

Detroit.

4 hours ago, Jon21 said:

Which unit for week 16? 

Baltimore Vs Ind

LA Chargers @ NYJ

Chicago Vs Cle

Baltimore. Though all 3 are great.

On 12/16/2017 at 7:02 PM, batman1427 said:

Week 16 D/ST: Steelers vs HOU OR Rams vs TEN?

Steelers.

On 12/15/2017 at 5:02 PM, DekuTree said:

Can't say if it was the right decision or not, but I dropped him for Gould this week.  

Sure looked like the right decision. I went ahead and did it too and it kept me alive in my matchup

8 hours ago, Vinny Babeetz said:

Sure looked like the right decision. I went ahead and did it too and it kept me alive in my matchup

tu.gif

My Washington D/ST performed as hoped as well. Was the rare double-whammy where I hit both my streamers. Let's hope he can keep up this hot streak to finish the season!