jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

1 hour ago, GeneralTsou said:

Do I start

PIT@ HOU

CHI vs CLE

CAR vs TB

Chicago.. Should be low scoring game with most points going Chicago’s way.

Vikings @ GB or Bears vs CLE or Chargers vs NYJ nasty asses lol

I'm pushing towards vikings , last time they intercepted Hundley 3 times... And they are fighting for a chance to HOST a SB

But prove me other wise 

3 hours ago, joetorres0321 said:

Vikings @ GB or Bears vs CLE or Chargers vs NYJ nasty asses lol

I'm pushing towards vikings , last time they intercepted Hundley 3 times... And they are fighting for a chance to HOST a SB

But prove me other wise 

that first game vs. Hundley was the one where Rodgers got knocked out, so Hot Rod came in cold off the bench, on the road, etcetcetc

now, he's certainly no world beater, and losing Adams is a huge blow to his prospects, but playing defenses vs. the Hundley led Pack has not been the windfall most expected.  factor in some arctic like conditions, and this may just be more of a ground n' pound affair for both teams - big magick foosball points are scored on sacks/picks, and TD returns from said plays ... don't think the big opportunity is gonna be there tomorrow night ... see a 17-13 type of game playing out.

i still think the Vikes are solid, but, as i've mentioned a few times in this thread already, they are not a "splash play" unit (TDs,etc) - last week's TD was their first, and only, of the year.  they are not gonna kill ya in points against, but they're also not gonna win the week with massive pointage, either.  fantastic real life defense, middling magick foosball defense.

Made the championship in both my leagues and am a heavy favorite in both. Lineups are set except for defenses. Help me out with these decisions. 

Pitt @ Hou, Minn @ GB, Chi vs Clev, NE vs Buf or LAC @ NYJ?

and

Pitt @ Hou, Minn @ GB, Phil vs Oak or Det @Cin?

5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

that first game vs. Hundley was the one where Rodgers got knocked out, so Hot Rod came in cold off the bench, on the road, etcetcetc

now, he's certainly no world beater, and losing Adams is a huge blow to his prospects, but playing defenses vs. the Hundley led Pack has not been the windfall most expected.  factor in some arctic like conditions, and this may just be more of a ground n' pound affair for both teams - big magick foosball points are scored on sacks/picks, and TD returns from said plays ... don't think the big opportunity is gonna be there tomorrow night ... see a 17-13 type of game playing out.

i still think the Vikes are solid, but, as i've mentioned a few times in this thread already, they are not a "splash play" unit (TDs,etc) - last week's TD was their first, and only, of the year.  they are not gonna kill ya in points against, but they're also not gonna win the week with massive pointage, either.  fantastic real life defense, middling magick foosball defense.

All u said I have thought as well.... Except the Vikings will be up.. And packers will throw I believe to try and come back.... It might not be as much as id like but.... To answer the OG question.... Who would u roll with

Vikings , Bears or Chargers?... I think they all got flaws.... Chargers have been the TD scoring team, GREAT secondary, but LBs are injured.... I think Powell will be getting touches among touches.... Bears, are a really good D, but always have middle of the pack Fantasy numbers.... And u said it all about the Vikings...

Who would u roll with???

Vikings should be solid, but they are on the road in the cold....different team than when they are home and/or indoors IMO.

Who do ya’ll got with:

Chargers @ Jets

Vikings @ GB

Lions @ Cincy

I see what people are saying about Vikings, may not be a huge output this week and the cold is sketchy. Really not sure who to start of the three.

5 hours ago, DeathOnWings1005 said:

Gould's been real solid and I expect SF to be able to move the ball on JAX a little bit. But are Elliott, Lutz, and Boswell better options this week?

Real solid is an understatement... I've been looking for a replacement for him and stumbled upon this little fact:

In the past 5 weeks, Robbie Gould has scored more points in 4 games than the next 17 kickers have scored in 5 games. 

That being said, I'm strongly leaning towards picking up Elliot to replace him (I would absolutely pick Lutz or Boswell up though first though if they were available. Lutz has the safer floor, Boswell the higher ceiling. I would go Lutz this week because he'll be in a dome and he's not got 'Road Ben' as his quarterback.) Elliot really burned me those couple of weeks after the bye though, hard to go back to the well with that taste in my mouth. 

Zuerlein replacement?

Gano vs TB

Dawson vs NYG

Start which D/ST?

Steelers @HOU

Rams @TEN

Panthers vs TB

Appreciate any help!

19 hours ago, DekuTree said:

Real solid is an understatement... I've been looking for a replacement for him and stumbled upon this little fact:

In the past 5 weeks, Robbie Gould has scored more points in 4 games than the next 17 kickers have scored in 5 games. 

That being said, I'm strongly leaning towards picking up Elliot to replace him (I would absolutely pick Lutz or Boswell up though first though if they were available. Lutz has the safer floor, Boswell the higher ceiling. I would go Lutz this week because he'll be in a dome and he's not got 'Road Ben' as his quarterback.) Elliot really burned me those couple of weeks after the bye though, hard to go back to the well with that taste in my mouth. 

I know good point. I am heavily leaning towards leaving him in there because I honestly am shocked I'm saying this but I think Jimmy G is gonna be able to move the ball into the RZ against JAX and give Gould opps. But Lutz is definitely the safer pick.

Bal or Det? Leaning Bal playing at home against Ind, but Det has a good matchup against Cincy who seem to playing bad right now...decisions decisions...

44 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

Bal or Det? Leaning Bal playing at home against Ind, but Det has a good matchup against Cincy who seem to playing bad right now...decisions decisions...

Bal  and I don't think it's even close.

last call. Vikes, rams or Steelers? Yards allowed isn't counted and PA isn't heavily weighted. Most DST points in this league come from sacks and turnovers

edit: for example when the Vikes held ATL to 9 points all game the DST finished with 4 points in my league

Edited by vthokie3

7 hours ago, TheGoober said:

Bal  and I don't think it's even close.

You sure about that.  There are no sure things in fantasy football.

54 minutes ago, Chargers88 said:

For kicker 

Elliot vs raiders 

or 

Boswell at Houston 

I'm going with Boswell in a dome with Steelers offense moving the ball downfield at will against the Texans horrid D... 20 MPH winds are expected in Philly tomorrow night

Edited by doctordestructo