jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

I picked up the Ravens to stream against Houston tomorrow. I've got the Rams on my bench (rode them all the way to the bank last week).

The Jags are on the wire. What do you think about dumping the Rams for them? 

24 minutes ago, hardsoft said:

would you guys rank janguars def over Giants def ros?

yes, they have a much easier schedule. talent and schedule of the jags defense is too good to pass up

16 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

I added Jacksonville everywhere I could.

That defense is LOADED with talent at all three levels.

On the D-Line they have Calais Campbell, Malik Jackson, Yannick Ngakoue (if you don't know him by now, you will soon), and Dante Fowler. 

At LB they have Telvin Smith, Myles Jack, and Paul Posluszny. (And Blair Brown as a backup who I really liked coming out of Ohio).

In the secondary they have Jalen Ramsey, Aj Bouye, Barry Church, and Tashaun Gipson.

Who would you say is the better DE option, Ngakoue or Fowler?

1 hour ago, Fantasynoob1 said:

Who would you rather have the rest of the season?

Texans

Bal

Jags

Jags or Bal, actually both have an amazing tandem schedule. Would probably take Jags over all three though. 

1 hour ago, k.k. said:

Who would you say is the better DE option, Ngakoue or Fowler?

I'm high on them both. They're both quick twitch, speedy guys who can bend the edge. Ngakoue gets more PT.

Put those two outside and kick Calais inside with Malik on passing downs..... terrifying.

4 hours ago, Fantasynoob1 said:

Who would you rather have the rest of the season?

Texans

Bal

Jags

Curious. Rank em anyone?

1 hour ago, DekuTree said:

Anyone feeling a rested Tampa Bay against a depleted Chicago on the road? 

TB played damn good defense at home on the second half last year. They shut down some good teams. They held the Seahawks to 5 points in week 12, held the saints to 11 points in week 14 and Carolina scored 16 points in week 17.  They weren't as good earlier in the year but something clicked and maybe that spills over into this year.  I think they could be a good play this week depending on what other options you have. 

Does anybody like the Texans D? Somehow I always end up getting stuck with them and they suck every year. Last year I think they allowed the fewest yards in the league (not sure if rushing or overall) but I don't think they got many sacks or turnovers. 

Im considering dropping them for the jags D

Edited by Under500Forever

18 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

Does anybody like the Texans D? Somehow I always end up getting stuck with them and they suck every year. Last year I think they allowed the fewest yards in the league (not sure if rushing or overall) but I don't think they got many sacks or turnovers. 

Im considering dropping them for the jags D

I dropped them for ravens. If I had Jags available, I would have taken them over Texans. Cushings suspended for 10 games.

Why are the Rams ranked low against Washington after the performance they just had?

Any idea on kicker?

i have younghoe but raiders kicker, Blair Walsh and legatron on waivers 

1 hour ago, mi26 said:

Why are the Rams ranked low against Washington after the performance they just had?

Wondering this myself, and they get Aaron Donald back

I am wondering this as well. I think I am going to start them over the Raiders vs Jets and Bengals vs Texans. I welcome any input but Wade Phillips is one of the best.

No fans here of Cincy at home vs Deshaun Watson and Houston?  Houston couldn't protect him and allowed a ton of sacks which makes for a good floor for a defense score.