jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

24 minutes ago, CooL said:

No fans here of Cincy at home vs Deshaun Watson and Houston?  Houston couldn't protect him and allowed a ton of sacks which makes for a good floor for a defense score.

I'm on the Cincy stream tonight.  I hate the Thursday night game but usually because it's a boring low-score fest, so maybe that's a good thing. 

Honestly, if you have the Jags available as a stream for the week I'd probably take them over any other option that you view as just a stream.  Jaguars have a schedule that you can almost set and forget them with, save a few matchups (they could prove good enough to just leave them in against the likes of Pit).

Perhaps the Texans helped to make them look better than they are, but they do have the look of an elite defense based on that performance, the players on the roster, and the ostensible culture change with the new regime.

2 hours ago, vdill49 said:

Rams, jags, panthers or giants ros??

Jags. That Calais Campbell addition looks to already be paying dividends. This has the feel of the 2013 Chiefs Defense with the nice schedule and big time playmakers in the cast. 

11 hours ago, Corey In Da House said:

Jags. That Calais Campbell addition looks to already be paying dividends. This has the feel of the 2013 Chiefs Defense with the nice schedule and big time playmakers in the cast. 

Looks like Ramsey will play.

Hays Carlyon of 1010 XL in Jacksonville expects CB Jalen Ramsey (questionable, ankle) to play in Week 2.

Carlyon is basing his "guess" on comments made by coach Doug Marrone following Friday's practice. Ramsey didn't practice at all this week, but he showed an ability to play through injuries as a rookie and do so effectively.
Sep 15 - 2:25 PM

15 minutes ago, RogerGoodell said:

I like the Jaguars as a streamer this week!

Titans too fundamental, hard to get multiple sacks/turnovers. Game pace conducive to low score so could see a shutout or low points bonus.

2 hours ago, RogerGoodell said:

I like the Jaguars as a streamer this week!

Picked them up as the best option for a TD this week, only problem will be bortles giving the titans a short field

Pitt or Arizona ROS?   Who you like?  I have zona and they have a great matchup today, but Pitt is available and looks like they might face Keenum 

21 minutes ago, The Answer said:

Pitt or Arizona ROS?   Who you like?  I have zona and they have a great matchup today, but Pitt is available and looks like they might face Keenum 

Do you really trust a defense that let the browns score almost 20 pts?

3 minutes ago, molonLabe80 said:

Do you really trust a defense that let the browns score almost 20 pts?

That's  good point.  I just keep reading how great Pitts def will be 

I like succup as my streaming kicker this week. Good offense that should be able to move the ball in tenn against a stout d that should lock down around the goal line in jax

1 minute ago, CharlesHustle said:

With the Bradford situation, I am heavily thinking of losing JAC to grab the Steelers.

I wouldnt, jags d from top to bottom is nasty and their ros schedule is one of the best. 

24 minutes ago, Jason123 said:

Arizona vs colts or Baltimore vs browns this week?

Those are some great options but I am going with Arizona. The Colts seem to be a bigger mess than the Browns. Who should I roll with? Raiders up against the Jets or Rams vs Redskins?

2 hours ago, molonLabe80 said:

Anyone else rolling legatron today?

Yup, amazing what happens when Jeff Fisher leaves.

Hopefully they can still move the ball vs the skins and get him in some 40-50 range bombs he can hit.

33 minutes ago, Jason123 said:

Arizona vs colts or Baltimore vs browns this week?

In da' Zona all day

Super fast defense that will have Colts dog tired chasing them in the heat. Looked really impressive vs the run against Detroit. #1 play of the week on "D"

Ravens no slouch either. Division rivals that always play each other tough. Ravens dominated clock on offense to set up the defense last week. Don't expect them to have as much success today. Browns are better on both sides of the ball @ line than the Bungles... m 

Damn guess I shouldn't have dropped Pit for Jax and Oak in both my leagues with Bradford not looking good. 

41 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Damn guess I shouldn't have dropped Pit for Jax and Oak in both my leagues with Bradford not looking good. 

Still think you will be fine. Oakland at home against the jets quite possibly the best match of the week and the jags maybe the best d ros