Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtbgator

2017 Team Defense and Kicker thread

Was planning on streaming the Buccaneers against Chicago today and saw the injury report: DE Jacquies Smith, DE Willi Clarke, LB Devonte Bond, CB Javien Elliot

Anyone with some defensive insight know how much of a hit this is to their prospects? I fully admit my ignorance of individual defensive players' worths and importance. 

Early look at Week 3 defenses...getting the jump on other teams' waiver moves after the weekend.

GB vs. Cincy

Rams @ SF

Leaning GB...at home in Lambeau, vs that atrocious Cincy offense and o-line.

1 hour ago, HTXMade said:

so much for the Jags defense

Pretty much this,  extremely disappointing.

1 hour ago, pdog109 said:

Pretty much this,  extremely disappointing.

They were not good, but Bortles also threw them under the bus with his sloppy play. 

i want to thank everyone in hear for telling us how great the Jags are.  I dropped pitt's D for a team who has blake bortles as the QB. 

1 hour ago, HurryupO said:

i want to thank everyone in hear for telling us how great the Jags are.  I dropped pitt's D for a team who has blake bortles as the QB. 

I got caught up in the hype and did the same thing. I don't blame anyone because it was my decision. After week 1 it was tough not to get excited. 

Yeah I don't know how good the Jags are after allowing that many points, but I wouldn't completely dismiss them yet.  Ravens and Jets in the next two weeks, so they're still worth a short term hold IMO.  Anybody watch the Bucs to get an idea of whether they're legit or if they just took advantage of a crap Bears team?

12 hours ago, HurryupO said:

Think a lot of people said not to play them this week.  I grabbed them because nothing else was available that  liked.  Im still keeping them as they have jets in week 4 and ROS is easy after PIT

1 hour ago, Fearfulways said:

Thoughts on Blair Walsh?

I lossed b/c he missed that extra point. So ******** mad

oof ... that one hurts. Been there bruh.

giphy.gif

McManus and Pats D.....what to do?  McManus keeps missing and the Pats D love to give up points.

Dropping Steelers d was a big no no and they have Chicago this week. Someone scooped them so back to the drawing board. 

7 minutes ago, 9ersfan650 said:

Green Bay or Philly def? Week 3? Ros?

I'm going Philly at home against this Giants o-line. Sack City

IM holding Jags. Too much talent and too easy a schedule, if bortles continues to throw them under the bus will have to drop but dont want to prematurely give up on them. Did that with kc 2 seasons ago and it cost me dearly

Holding Jags or drop them for Miami and start streaming?

Jags get Baltimore this week (not that great of an offense, but could start in great positions due to Bortles) and in Week4 the Jets.

Quite good schedule after Pittsburgh.

Miami get the Jets (NO in Week 4, so they are just a one week play). It's a 14-Teamer so not that many options out there and I'm not willing to own 2 DST.

4 hours ago, Fearfulways said:

I'm going Philly at home against this Giants o-line. Sack City

Thats what im thinking too lost by 2 fricken points because i went w jags instead of detroit.  I should have trusted my gut FTMFL

Going all in on eagles this week

I've got an amazing return on the Detroit defense, which makes very little sense, but for some reason they are top in the league under my league's settings (this includes a healthy bonus for return yards). I'm going to roll the dice on them and keep them against Atlanta, although Miami against the Jets also sounds very, very tasty as a streaming option.

Anyone?

1 hour ago, Crown23 said:

Holding Jags or drop them for Miami and start streaming?

I'd keep Jacksonville. JAX looked prettty ok, and there's a good chance everybody will have a jetlag in London and Flacco will throw 3 interceptions. Hard to avoid tackles and sacks if you're .5 seconds slower than usual.

Nah, would roll with Miami. Solid D against an awful O? Sounds much better to me than a solid D (at best) against a powerhouse offense like ATL.

Detroit played Old-Palmer + injured DJ and awful Giants O with an returned Punt.

Go with Miami next week.

15 hours ago, Fearfulways said:

I lossed b/c he missed that extra point. So ******** mad

Sure, blame it on the soccer guy. No way that a slightly better performance from Adrian Peterson would have saved you ;)