phatrat

2017 FAAB Waiver Wire Thread

New thread for the new season.  Post your FAAB Bid recommendations here.

• Like 1

12 team standard league. 

Which WR do you want most from this list and how much FAAB would you throw down? $100 cap

Chris Hogan, Amendola, Kevin White, Kendall Wright 

Thanks!!

6 hours ago, clintp44 said:

12 team standard league. 

Which WR do you want most from this list and how much FAAB would you throw down? $100 cap

Thanks!!

In standard Hogan and White would be my top 2, knowing your team and how many WR's start and flex or not would help, the more you start the more valuable both would be etc...

On 8/28/2017 at 3:04 PM, clintp44 said:

12 team standard league. 

Thanks!!

Hogan would be worth 7% MAX only if you need a WR. All others probably will clear. I don't go crazy on WW budget before a game is played. 

Someone in my league that just drafted this week already dropped Terrance West. I'm pretty thin on the RB front. We have $100 budget. Trying to figure out how much I should bid on what would instantly be my RB3.

My team:

Mariota

Dalvin Cook

Mark Ingram

Julio

Mike Evans

Jordan Reed

AJ Green

Bench: Wentz, Fleener, Robby Anderson, Burkhead, Vereen, Jonathan Williams, Chris Thompson, Jerick McKinnon

Considering how dicey my bench RBs are, should I be throwing out a high dollar to ensure I land him?

35 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Someone in my league that just drafted this week already dropped Terrance West. I'm pretty thin on the RB front. We have $100 budget. Trying to figure out how much I should bid on what would instantly be my RB3.

My team:

Mariota

Dalvin Cook

Mark Ingram

Julio

Mike Evans

Jordan Reed

AJ Green

Bench: Wentz, Fleener, Robby Anderson, Burkhead, Vereen, Jonathan Williams, Chris Thompson, Jerick McKinnon

Considering how dicey my bench RBs are, should I be throwing out a high dollar to ensure I land him?

10-12% probably. Your rbs are thin but it's too early to be throwing a ridiculous amount out

i have the 2nd pick in a dynasty keeper 1/2 ppr league, Most likely Fournette will go first, I am now very conflicted between McCaffery and Hunt, my only worry is if hunt is not worth it in a dynasty league due to ware coming back, i also have pick 5

8 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

10-12% probably. Your rbs are thin but it's too early to be throwing a ridiculous amount out

It's true but he is instantly my RB3 on a team that really doesnt have one. And my bye weekocolypse is week 5: Ingram, Julio and both TEs on bye.

I think i may roll out about 14-16 range.

On 8/31/2017 at 9:40 AM, Trifecta said:

My team:

Mariota

Dalvin Cook

Mark Ingram

Julio

Mike Evans

Jordan Reed

AJ Green

How many teams?

12 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

How many teams?

12-man, half PPR league: How much out of a $300 budget to drop on Jamaal Williams?

QB Cousins

RB Bell Gordon T. Coleman AP Sims

WR Jeffery D. Adams Sanders J. Matthews T. Williams

TE Doyle Hooper

DEF BUF

K Lutz

11 hours ago, chrisfish said:

12-man, half PPR league: How much out of a $300 budget to drop on Jamaal Williams?

QB Cousins

RB Bell Gordon T. Coleman AP Sims

WR Jeffery D. Adams Sanders J. Matthews T. Williams

TE Doyle Hooper

DEF BUF

K Lutz

Not a ton, maybe $8

$100 cap 12 team PPR, someone dropped Tyrell Williams and I wanna scoop him up, what do you think would be a good bid?

On 8/31/2017 at 8:40 AM, Trifecta said:

My team:

Mariota

Dalvin Cook

Mark Ingram

Julio

Mike Evans

Jordan Reed

AJ Green

I would have gone probably $15-25 myself. $21 to be exact. I assume it's too late and this has already happened. 

What were the results? 

28 minutes ago, Jason497 said:

$100 cap 12 team PPR, someone dropped Tyrell Williams and I wanna scoop him up, what do you think would be a good bid?

How bad do you need him?

I'm not a huge fan of his this year so I'd probably bid less than most. 

I'd say to ensure you get him probably $16. The round he was drafted in and / or the cost he was auctioned for would probably play into how much he's going to cost. 

Generally in the beginning of most seasons players can be had fairly cheap. I would bet a $6 bid would win him, but to ensure I got him if I really needed him I'd probably go $16

Willie Snead was dropped on the waiver wire.

PPR. We start 3 WR, 2RB, and 1 Flex.

Snead would probably be a starting FLEX when he returns. Did just a bit of research and looks like, at this time anyway, Snead may put up, on average, just a point more per week than any other possible FLEX. That is just a rough estimate.

Should I go after Snead aggressively? Currently I have an aggressive bid of $21 sitting out there. Waivers on Snead will clear tonight.

Should I just pass on Snead and hope one of my possible FLEX players below gets hot?

Just do not want to miss on Snead and regret not going aggressive. Is $21 too aggressive? What about $11 or $16?

Is the possibility of one extra point a week worth $11, $16 or $21 FAAB bid?

We have rostered now:

STARTING

AJ Green

TY Hilton

Jarvis Landry

Lamar Miller

B. Powell

FLEX

Kenny Brit

Mike Wallace

Kevin White

D. Woodhead

D. Johnson

23 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I would have gone probably $15-25 myself. $21 to be exact. I assume it's too late and this has already happened. 

What were the results? 

I moved it so many times. Ultimately i went higher than i would have imagined for the following reasons:

Hurricane irma forced my mike evans to the bench, increasing my urgency for possible flex plays.

Hurricane irma also forced my oppenent's jacquiz rodgers to his bench. He is the only team with a worse RB situation than me somehow with zero depth behind Melvin Gordon... he will be forced to start the steelers rookie backup or play a free agent (there's nothing available). So....

I went $33, one third of my FAAB to get him

56 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

I moved it so many times. Ultimately i went higher than i would have imagined for the following reasons:

Hurricane irma forced my mike evans to the bench, increasing my urgency for possible flex plays.

Hurricane irma also forced my oppenent's jacquiz rodgers to his bench. He is the only team with a worse RB situation than me somehow with zero depth behind Melvin Gordon... he will be forced to start the steelers rookie backup or play a free agent (there's nothing available). So....

I went $33, one third of my FAAB to get him

What did he bid? Do you ever look at that? I bet it was like $20 exactly 

21 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

What did he bid? Do you ever look at that? I bet it was like $20 exactly 

I am unable to see that.

I obviously dont regret it in the slightest. Dude is a workhorse.

Edited by Trifecta

Is Golladay worth dropping Snead for?

Edited by DLG10

7 hours ago, Corey In Da House said:

100 budget, 33-50 percent for Cohen? Even in 12 team standard?

Prob 50... could go up. The hype is real and it's only going to mount.

4 hours ago, Trifecta said:

Prob 50... could go up. The hype is real and it's only going to mount.

Wow that's a lot. Not sure if I'm gonna blow that much based on a game.