phatrat

2017 FAAB Waiver Wire Thread

I have Winston and Tyrod was dropped, how much should I spend on him?

On 11/9/2017 at 6:44 PM, WhiteRob443 said:

I have Winston and Tyrod was dropped, how much should I spend on him?

Depends. What QBs are available? I'd be disinclined to spend more than $5 if guys like Brissett, Bortles or even Keenum are also on the wire. Especially with Tyrod coming off a stinker -- that should depress his value some.

Decent week for RBs. What bids would you place on the following guys (which I ordered alphabetically)?

Burkhead

Ekeler

Perine

R. Smith

J. Williams

Edited by Queequeg

On 11/13/2017 at 6:52 PM, Queequeg said:

Depends. What QBs are available? I'd be disinclined to spend more than $5 if guys like Brissett, Bortles or even Keenum are also on the wire. Especially with Tyrod coming off a stinker -- that should depress his value some.

I grabbed him, free, for that stinker lol, needless to say I lost, thanks anyway

On 11/13/2017 at 6:54 PM, Queequeg said:

Decent week for RBs. What bids would you place on the following guys (which I ordered alphabetically)?

Burkhead

Ekeler

Perine

R. Smith

J. Williams

Ppr vs standard could change order. Perine, Burkhead, J. Williams,Smith, Ekeler

Jordy Nelson was dropped in my league. I'd like to grab him in case Rodgers does return. 

I have aboutt 48% of my FAAB remaining. 2nd highest left in the league. Highest has 63%. 

Should I spend big on Jordy? On one hand, it's a risk in that he may amount to nothing the rest of the way.

On the other hand, FAAB left over at the end of the year is useless. I'd only have 4 more weeks to spend it and what are the odds someone as intriguing as Nelson pops up on waivers? Competitive 12 team PPR league. Everyone of remote interest is gone. Tyler Lockett might be the most interesting piece on waivers, and he's useless.