phatrat

2017 FAAB Waiver Wire Thread

41 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

11% as of today.

How deep of a league? I didnt watch the game but it seems Allen got only late game work after the game was out of hand. Im going to roster him but you seem higher on him than id expect, was hoping hed be less than 5.

Edited by Trifecta

17 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

How deep of a league? I didnt watch the game but it seems Allen got only late game work after the game was out of hand. Im going to roster him but you seem higher on him than id expect, was hoping hed be less than 5.

12 x 17.

Im obnoxiously high on buck because I liked him in college FWIW 

And my RBs are atrocious lol

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares

18 hours ago, dre said:

It seems Cohen is the big question in this thread and most of us are trying to gauge his value.  I'm in a 1 pt ppr with 100 FAAB like a lot of you.  I just put a bid in on Cohen for $23.  I think that is enough to outbid most others while at the same time leaving me plenty of FAABs for the rest of the season.  I would NOT blow 50% of my FAABs on this guy like others are suggesting.  I think 20-25% is the right range.

Totally agree. I just bid roughly the same as you and won't be heartbroken if someone gets him for more. TO be fair, I did just lose Woodhead and I don't have Doug Martin returning for a while, lol so I might need to bump up my offer a bit. Just embarrassing when you outbid for a player by such a wide margin. I did get a much needed win this week, though, so maybe I don't need to be super aggressive.

4 hours ago, molonLabe80 said:

Dropping eli should i grab a smith or bradford?  How much?

Probably Smith.... don't forget though, he's a QB so his value isn't sky high. As good as Bradford looked, he was at home against a joke of a defense. Smith went into a super tough environment and stuck it to Brady.

1 hour ago, habslive said:

Totally agree. I just bid roughly the same as you and won't be heartbroken if someone gets him for more. TO be fair, I did just lose Woodhead and I don't have Doug Martin returning for a while, lol so I might need to bump up my offer a bit. Just embarrassing when you outbid for a player by such a wide margin. I did get a much needed win this week, though, so maybe I don't need to be super aggressive.

Yeah, all the hype surrounding Cohen is making me second guess myself.  I just looked at our league history and last year someone bid $41 for C.J. Prosise. That guy is also the DJ owner and coincidentally, a Bears fan.  So, he might be willing to put in a big bid on Cohen.  Maybe I need to up my range to 40-45%.  

Is 20% too little for Cohen? 

Just lost Woodhead and need to wait for Doug Martin to return. 

RB is a train wreck. I have Bell which is nice (not worried about week 1 performance), and DeAndre Washington. Also have James Conner but that's just to cuff Bell.

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Are you two joking or serious?

Nope its never a joke when you wait too long to draft a qb and end up with eli potato

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, dre said:

Yeah, all the hype surrounding Cohen is making me second guess myself.  I just looked at our league history and last year someone bid $41 for C.J. Prosise. That guy is also the DJ owner and coincidentally, a Bears fan.  So, he might be willing to put in a big bid on Cohen.  Maybe I need to up my range to 40-45%.  

I tried to tell you bro! ;)

lol, did they just update this site and add emoticons?

48 minutes ago, molonLabe80 said:

Nope its never a joke when you wait too long to draft a qb and end up with eli potato

Well, unless you're in a 16 team league, most everyone should have a decent QB.  Some bozos like to have backups for whatever reason they'll never play so you gotta deal with them and potentially next week's opponent if they wanted to force you into playing Eli against them to have an advantage on you.

I gotta believe none of the people - Backup QB guy or Defense Opponent guy are willing to spend too much though.

I also don't believe that Alex Smith or Sam Bradford are good though.  We've seen these guys do nothing for like 8 years, I'm not gonna re-write my book in 1 day.

Regardless, I would believe that 3% could get it done, unless someone else waited and is holding only Andy Dalton, then it gets saucy lol.

I'm thinking $26 out of $100 as my max bid for Cohen. That probably means someone is outbidding me. I'm going around $6-$7 for Buck Allen, probably.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dre said:

I just read through all the back and forth on this thread, and I have the same line of thinking as you.  I was originally going to go in on a 25% - 30% bid, but now I'm afraid I may need to up it.

It's a standard scoring league, but I'm also the Jordan Howard owner.  Would owning Howard make you all more or less inclined to go aggressively after Cohen?  Obviously the handcuff value is there, but it seems like a lot of you are looking at Cohen as a starter, and I'm not sure I'd want to start 2 Bears RBs each week.  50% seems like a lot to spend on a guy who will sit on my bench barring injury.

Would you drop one of Moncrief, Tate, or D.Henry for any of the following?  Cohen, K.Williams, Galladay, Agholor, Cupp? Thanks

How much % are you spending on Cohen this week? I'm in a dynasty .5 PPR league that starts 1 RB, but 3 FLEX (two of them are able to be RBS). 

RBS right now are: Gurley, Martin, Perkins, J. Williams, Conner, C. Henderson

Cohen 50% +/-

Buck Allen  20 to 40% 

Carson - 15 to 30%

K. Williams - 15 to 30% 

Ellington 7 to 15 %

Kupp & Golladay 15 to 30% 

Hurns/Lee - 3 to 5% 

Witten - 10 to 20% 

Hooper - 7 to 15%

Agholor - 5 to 10%

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jay85 said:

Cohen 50% +/-

Buck Allen  20 to 40% 

Carson - 15 to 30%

K. Williams - 15 to 30% 

Ellington 7 to 15 %

Kupp & Golladay 15 to 30% 

Hurns/Lee - 3 to 5% 

Witten - 10 to 20% 

Hooper - 7 to 15%

Agholor - 5 to 10%

Those percentages are absurd. Buck Allen just is not good, and thinking he'll replace Woodhead's production is laughable; spending 20-40% on JAG is so foolish.

3 hours ago, habslive said:

Is 20% too little for Cohen? 

Personally, I'm going for roughly $25 in both of my leagues. Probably gonna do $27, since everyone just goes by $5s, lol. If I can't get him, so be it, I suppose. $27, and not looking back.

4 minutes ago, leesanity7 said:

Those percentages are absurd. Buck Allen just is not good, and thinking he'll replace Woodhead's production is laughable; spending 20-40% on JAG is so foolish.

based on FAAB Footballguys.. I read it somewhere else 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, leesanity7 said:

Personally, I'm going for roughly $25 in both of my leagues. Probably gonna do $27, since everyone just goes by $5s, lol. If I can't get him, so be it, I suppose. $27, and not looking back.

In my redraft league with 1 keeper, we have $1000 budget and I'm spending $280. 

In my dynasty league we have $100 budget and I'm spending $46

I can't bring myself for 50% for cohen.  Better option is to hope someone makes a rash judgement dropping a player :)

In most leagues, someone is going to overspend on him.  Bargain guys are Hurns and Lee this week.