phatrat

2017 FAAB Waiver Wire Thread

I like Cohen, but I'm not going to blow $50+ in week 1 when I'm not really in an RB needy situation.  He'd be nice to have, I'll go $35-37, and if somebody wants to outbid me, kudos to him.

After more research I've boosted my ceiling on Cohen to between 30% and 35%, but still don't anticipate winning the bid. Following the Woodhead news (6-8 weeks) I've also adjusted my bid on Buck Allen to between 20% and 25%.

Edited by LongBalls

7 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

After more research I've boosted my ceiling on Cohen to between 30% and 35%, but still don't anticipate winning the bid. Following the Woodhead news (6-8 weeks) I've also adjusted my bid on Buck Allen to between 20% and 25%.

I'm really hating how much Buck Allen is getting hyped. I wanted to scoop him on the cheap to handcuff T West.

In both of my leagues my rb depth is lacking. I'm going hard after Cohen. Call me crazy but I'm thinking of bidding $80 of my $150 budget and also $60 of my $100 budget in the other league. 

Its only been 1 game but the bears will find ways to get him the ball if he produces. He looks like he would be a lot of fun to own. 

I'm in a 12x17 PPR and had the first pick in the draft. I chose DJ, then McCaffrey. So now my defacto #1 is a rookie that they just said today might have his workload kept down(hoping it's just coachspeak) My other RB's are D.Henry, C.Carson and J.Hill. I have no option but to blow my wad on Cohen and go all in!!!!! Your roster really is the deciding factor on how much you should go. Currently I have a bid of $51 out of my $100. That may not be enough. I'm sure that the other owners know I have to go all out with slim pickins on the wire.

Edited by laracco

It's a long season, people.  Somebody always emerges.  Jordan Howard.  Ty Montgomery.  If you miss out on Tarik Cohen, it's not the end of the world...

44 minutes ago, CooL said:

It's a long season, people.  Somebody always emerges.  Jordan Howard.  Ty Montgomery.  If you miss out on Tarik Cohen, it's not the end of the world...

It could be in PPR leagues.

Everything about this guy's speed and situation of constantly being down just adds up so nicely.

I'm gonna be devastated if I don't get him in my high-stakes league. This is a PPR stud. Great bye week filler/flex option when necessary.

And you can prevent other owners from getting him (look at DJ).

I've gone from 28% and now i'm at 47%, may end up over 50 to ensure I get him. 

Every year i'm so conservative and it f***s me. f--- that. Time to go balls to the ******** walls and win a ******** championship when other owners are spending 10-15 on boring 1 week heroes presented by Matthew "luckiest man alive to get a job that my dog could do" Berry.

Edited by Fearfulways
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

I lowered other bids I had and added it to Cohen; I think $41 is the right price to guarantee you knock out those who are going to bid in accordance to experts' advice and not blow too much of your bankroll. I don't plan on spending much on any other player after this.

41 minutes ago, CooL said:

If you had to guess who are the candidates?

Need some advice. Is Cohen a must add for me?

As you can see (Team in sig), My RB situation is currently a mess as I have no RB2 behind Hunt. My WRs are great and the strength of my team. I think he'll gets some high bids so I was thinking in the 50%-70% range to give myself the best shot at landing him. 

17 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

I lowered other bids I had and added it to Cohen; I think $41 is the right price to guarantee you knock out those who are going to bid in accordance to experts' advice and not blow too much of your bankroll. I don't plan on spending much on any other player after this.

Well you won't be able to if our spend a good portion of your budget.

i go back and forth, up the bid, lower the bid. ESPN has him as PPR RB 31 this week. So you really want to blow half your budget on RB31? Kareem Hunt is in the top 10. That's a guy who is a 3 down back that would be worth blowing the entire budget.

My team is ok I suppose and this is my only faab (out of 7 leagues total). I don't really have a shot in my other leagues to get Cohen so I don't really mind taking a shot if it makes me considerably better. Any glaring deficiencies in this roster? 

10 man PPR $100 budget

QB: Stafford, Carr

RB: Murray, Gillislee, Perkins, Charles, Forte

WR: A. Brown, Cooper, Pryor, Gabriel, Wright, Josh Gordon

TE: Witten

Available:

Cohen

Agholor

Cupp

Amendola

JJ Nelson

Tolbert

K. Williams

Ellington

Kamara

Hurns

Buck Allen

J. White

Plus a few more

someone dropped T Coleman in my PPR league, how much should I bid? $100 budget. $25?

Edited by TonyVH

2 hours ago, CooL said:

Well you won't be able to if our spend a good portion of your budget.

i go back and forth, up the bid, lower the bid. ESPN has him as PPR RB 31 this week. So you really want to blow half your budget on RB31? Kareem Hunt is in the top 10. That's a guy who is a 3 down back that would be worth blowing the entire budget.

kareem hunt was drafted in every single i'm in ? 

18 minutes ago, TonyVH said:

someone dropped T Coleman in my PPR league, how much should I bid? $100 budget. $25?

At least $30 out of your $100, if not $40-50

34 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

kareem hunt was drafted in every single i'm in ? 

Yes duh, in the second and third round. I'm saying a guy like Kareem Hunt who has the opportunity for a bellcow role. Not specifically hoping to find Kareem Hunt on waivers b cause he won't be there.

So in a ppr league who do i pick up for free??

Golladay

Wright

Marvin Jones 

Kearse

Gordon

Wheaton

Lee

Chris johnson

Allen Robinson went down on my squad but its as follows. (Keeper league after the 3rd rd and draft picks were traded)

Qb ryan

Wr evans cooper diggs hopkins

Rb mccoy powell anderson t.west sproles

Te olsen Rudolph 

25 minutes ago, bubs126 said:

So in a ppr league who do i pick up for free??

Golladay

Wright

Marvin Jones 

Kearse

Gordon

Wheaton

Lee

Chris johnson

Allen Robinson went down on my squad but its as follows. (Keeper league after the 3rd rd and draft picks were traded)

Qb ryan

Wr evans cooper diggs hopkins

Rb mccoy powell anderson t.west sproles

Te olsen Rudolph 

wrong section for this

There has been a lot of debate as to how much FAAB T Cohen would go for so for those interested:

My $$ 12 team standard scoring league, he went for $51 to the panickedJ Howard owner. Other bids were $23, $18, $18, $15, $11 and $7.

29 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

There has been a lot of debate as to how much FAAB T Cohen would go for so for those interested:

My $$ 12 team standard scoring league, he went for $51 to the panickedJ Howard owner. Other bids were $23, $18, $18, $15, $11 and $7.

He went for 51% in my PPR league. I bid 32% and am happy to surrender to someone bidding that much on him. I got Hurns for 2%

I changed my bid twice yesterday and I'm glad I did because I would have lost out on Cohen otherwise.  I started at $23, changed it to $32 and then a couple hours later changed it to $43.  I ended up winning.  Next highest bid was $33.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dre said:

I changed my bid twice yesterday and I'm glad I did because I would have lost out on Cohen otherwise.  I started at $23, changed it to $32 and then a couple hours later changed it to $43.  I ended up winning.  Next highest bid was $33.

I love it when it works out.  I upped by bid on Buck Allen last night by $4 "over thinking" it, but ended up winning by $1.

I've definitely "over thought" it in the wrong direction before too though.  I think I changed like a $20 to $30 to $40 and the only other competing bid was like $5 the whole time lol.

Today though, I am a genius at this, and so are you.  Well played.  Let's have success and health and justify the money spent.

My league is new to using FAAB waviers this year, so I'm still trying to understand the process. Can someone make multiple bids for the same player? So for example, can I place a waiver bid for someone for $30 at the top of my Q and then add a second higher bid (~$35) in the same Q. So if someone were to bid a $31, my first bid would lose, but my second bid of $35 would win if it were the highest overall?