Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phatrat

2017 FAAB Waiver Wire Thread

11 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

My main league is Thursday morning FAAB for some reason.  A couple people pointed out it was weird but others said they are used to Thursday; to me it didn't matter.  I kind of like having the extra day to get this kind of info on how much players are going for.  

How deep are benches in your league?  We have 9-player benches and that seems to put an extra FAAB premium on good pickups (since so many are already stashed).

We are 12 x 17 (10 starters 7 bench).

I'm not sure how many players you start, but I think it's safe to say if you have more than 17 slots per team the price would likely increase.

6 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

It's already Wednesday?  When are your bids due?

I won Murray for 61% bid.  Next highest was 52% if that helps you.  There were 6 / 12 of us that bid for him.  

you believe in him that much? 

5 hours ago, Jay85 said:

you believe in him that much? 

I won him for 100/100. 93 was next highest. 12 man .5 PPR.

Murray went for $11 in my ppr league.  I don't have much faith in him mainly because he admitted recently that his ankle still is not 100%. He claims he is healthy enough to play but His ankle could be a week to week issue moving forward. 

FWIW (not much at this point in the week) I ended up getting Murray for $760 ($1000 budget), and next bid behind me was $755.  

Ours was this morning. A bit late, but context - we're a 20-teamer so people tend to be one week ahead of the curve. $100 budget:

Murray 52% (next bid $39), McCown $42 (we will never stop taking the mickey out of him for that), Lacy $20, Jaron Brown $17, McGuire $17, Aaron Jones $17. Gallman went for $14.

Andrew luck was dropped in my league

my qb situatin is my biggest weakness by far: big ben, tyrod taylor

What % should i drop?

i went almost 50% on cohen and got him but if im gonna splurge 1 last time

should i go all in on luck?

8 hours ago, handyandy86 said:

FWIW (not much at this point in the week) I ended up getting Murray for $760 ($1000 budget), and next bid behind me was $755.  

Wow dude. $755 must have been PISSSSSSEEEDDD. lol. Great job of knowing your league and making the right bid. 

We've done our part. Now it's time for Murray to do his. 

Let's go Lat V! 

1 hour ago, Fearfulways said:

Andrew luck was dropped in my league

my qb situatin is my biggest weakness by far: big ben, tyrod taylor

What % should i drop?

i went almost 50% on cohen and got him but if im gonna splurge 1 last time

should i go all in on luck?

Big Ben isn't a bad QB. You'll be sitting on luck a little while and I'm sure Ben is gonna start killing it again by then, and then you're just going to be juggling QBs and hoping you make the right decision each week. 

The % you should drop largely involves how much you feel this guy is worth to your team and what kind of situation your league mates are in with their QB position. 

I'm sure someone that has Carr only at QB is going to try harder than you. Then there's the idiots that drop and lose their main qbs cause they over react to chronic JAGs like Alex Smith or Trevor Semen 

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Big Ben isn't a bad QB. You'll be sitting on luck a little while and I'm sure Ben is gonna start killing it again by then, and then you're just going to be juggling QBs and hoping you make the right decision each week. 

The % you should drop largely involves how much you feel this guy is worth to your team and what kind of situation your league mates are in with their QB position. 

I'm sure someone that has Carr only at QB is going to try harder than you. Then there's the idiots that drop and lose their main qbs cause they over react to chronic JAGs like Alex Smith or Trevor Semen 

True.

I only got 44 dollars left...so maybe I'll just bid like 15. I'm 3-1 and have Tyrod for a very nice schedule coming up.

Cameron brate looks great I past 2 games, scoop him up before it's too late

17 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Tucker from BAL was dropped in a big league. My kicker is on a bye. 

$3-$4 on him?

Funny thing about kickers is during the auction draft my league has no one ever bids more than $2 on a $200 budget for a kicker or they get relentlessly attacked. 

Yet no one ever bats an eye when people drop $5 on kickers in the FAAB portion for BYE weeks and such. 

I'll be honest, don't really know where I was going with that. $3-4 should probably work, but I've seen several league mates drop $5. Tucker still hasn't done his BYE though, so he might be a bit cheaper for that reason. 

7 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Funny thing about kickers is during the auction draft my league has no one ever bids more than $2 on a $200 budget for a kicker or they get relentlessly attacked. 

Yet no one ever bats an eye when people drop $5 on kickers in the FAAB portion for BYE weeks and such. 

I'll be honest, don't really know where I was going with that. $3-4 should probably work, but I've seen several league mates drop $5. Tucker still hasn't done his BYE though, so he might be a bit cheaper for that reason. 

Only cost me $2 for this week. Not a big deal as my team has depth and this week I’m missing 2 Atlanta players on a bye. However, my regular kicker is lutz and I kept him instead of dropping. Figured he would cost more to get back. Tucker for 1 week at $2 isn’t bad

Is anyone taking a look at Roger Lewis? Shepard and Marshall are obviously hobbled. OBJ is out for a while if not the whole season... I haven't seen much of Lewis, though. Is he worth a look? Eli does love to sling it although they actually ran the ball fairly well yesterday, so who knows.

3 hours ago, habslive said:

Is anyone taking a look at Roger Lewis? Shepard and Marshall are obviously hobbled. OBJ is out for a while if not the whole season... I haven't seen much of Lewis, though. Is he worth a look? Eli does love to sling it although they actually ran the ball fairly well yesterday, so who knows.

I'm definitely making a move on Lewis.  He's like the only other WR I recall even looking at when near goal line not named ODB.  He sees very limited field action though, but when he plays he generally does something.

Shepard probably gonna be back sooner than later, but this ankle keeps going out on him.  There's a chance he sees limited snaps or they simply hold him out extra time to try to get him right.  BMarsh is a literal machine.  I've seen that guy look to have destroyed ACLs and having leg bent backwards and cringing watching replays.  Then he'll get carted off and come back for 4th quarter when game close and get a TD.  That was old BMarsh though.  This BMarsh kinda looks to me like he no longer cares and just wants a check.  He might be out with a multi week injury.

I have no idea though.  I'm not a doctor.

LSS - Yes, going after Lewis.

What % of starting FAAB are you guys planning to spend on Mack? And what are your league settings/# of teams/strong or weak at RB?

28 minutes ago, addicted2ff said:

What % of starting FAAB are you guys planning to spend on Mack? And what are your league settings/# of teams/strong or weak at RB?

0%. Been owned all season 

42 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

0%. Been owned all season 

With a mix of his previous injury and bye weeks, he's available in most leagues.  Only owned in 3.3% of ESPN leagues right now.

10 minutes ago, pittsports87 said:

With a mix of his previous injury and bye weeks, he's available in most leagues.  Only owned in 3.3% of ESPN leagues right now.

ESPN leagues are beginner leagues. 

Lol. Jk. He been owned in mine though. 

Thinking of bidding 10-12% (have 90% remaining) on the Denver D. Good idea?? They play the Giants this week. Seems like a dream matchup and ROS pretty solid too

Serious question: Anyone considering a waiver bid on Josh Gordon now that he getting more press about possible reinstatement (stemming from the documentary just released)?

I know there are several barriers, and everyone has different opinions about when he'll actually get to play, but let's assume: 

1. He files for reinstatement this week. 

2. NFL grants reinstatement relatively shortly (less than a week). 

3. Browns include him on their roster. 

3. He takes an extra 2 weeks to learn playbook, shake off rust. 

4. Return by week 10 (week 9 bye)

Let's assume ALL of that happens (i.e. a player returning in week 10). And let's say his floor production is his 2014 stats, and ceiling is about 80% of what his 2013 stats were. 

Would that type of player be worth at least a waiver bid right now heading into week 6? 1% bid? 

Mark Ingram getting dropped in my league for who know what reason, but I'm going to jump all over it.

Have $51 left for my FAAB, how much you think I should put in on him?

Also looking to get the Jags D/ST too, so how much for them?